Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Best Soccer Player On TTP - Finals

I'm too sexy for myself?

• Captain Shamrock (Club I)

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Fastshow (FC Tooting South London Club Maroons Athletic)

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Jimmy Holiday (Inter ?)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Knvb (Surrey)

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Gomsey16 (Sporting)

• D Jones (Metro-Ford)

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Leechy Tactics (Khalsa)

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Jinky (Club I)

• Knowone (Surrey)

• Regs (Peg)

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the final vote to decide who is considered the best player signed up and posting on TTP. We have good choices here and we have Fastshow. Lets keep this respectable and vote for who you really think is the best soccer player. I will set a time limit of about 6-10 days before I cut it off and declare a winner.

If any of you know these players, give us insight into how good they really are....

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
present day

playing premier should always be a priority !!when the fcuk did the captain play premier last,has he been a metro all star like jones has ,has he won povincials at the senior level,jones has,the captain was a brilliant player maybe the best ,back in the day,but this is the present & jones is here ,so be it

jones gets sid vote:cool:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has to be

I picked Regs.

He's the only one I have really played against and that was in the AMSL.
But I chose him because when I played against him he held me to only 5 goals in 3 games so he must be good.
;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red boots and style.....

There is no one who can take a penalty like Jinky. The cart-wheel is nothing short of spectacular......

Captain

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are some excellent players on this thread and I have had the privilege of playing with and against many of them. I've played with the Captain at Club I and D Jones on the 86'ers develoment team and a summer league team. I 've played against knvb and Jimmy Holiday, and Knowone.

My vote has to be the Captain. He is maybe 50% the player he was years ago but he still carries a punch. Danny Jones is a great player without a doubt. His best attribute is his brain and his consistency and the ability to stay healthy. Danny Jones is an anomoly. How many midgets do you know that can bench press over 300 lbs.? Jonesy can. But lets take a healthy Captain. I believe he could have played overseas at a high level if not for some unfortunate injuries at a young age. These early injuries lead to other injuries. Once the body is unbalanced, one is prone to a multitude of injuries. Hence the Captain. Nevertheless, he played in pain and played well.

Regs is also a great player but he is bald and anorexic. Hardly a poster boy for best TTP/Player.

Thus I vote for the Captain. Besides, I helped to mold him and covered his sorry ass when he lost the ball.

Jinky and fastshow? Yes, Jinky and fastshow! Hmm yes.

I vote for the Captain.

Take care of those little injuries fellas. They will come back to haunt ya. Trust me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs is also a great player but he is bald and anorexic.
I guess that means it won't be too painful when I shove my foot up your ass sideways the next time I see you Balls :mad:

~Regs.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess that means it won't be too painful when I shove my foot up your ass sideways the next time I see you Balls

Actually, you have fat feet and although they do resemble speed bumps, I don't think this act would be successful. Perhaps another appendage? :D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
difficult........

Having played with or against six of the finalists (that number may be higher but I don't know who the others 'really' are) my vote, in terms of current form and most recent dominance goes to D Jones.

I have never not enjoyed a match played with The Captain as, even with an eighth of a knee and no discernible right peg, he is far and above any other player I've ever played with even at his current ripe old age. His brain is consistently five moves ahead of anyone else on the pitch. It's a great shame this foresight doesn't translate into his TTP posts.

I only played with WKRP for Delta Metro and back then he was a keeper so I shouldn't comment on his current form. I will, however. I would suggest that he cannot possibly be as bad as he was back then based on the very real fact he has scored so many goals in the Premier League. They can't all be going in off his arse. Even if that's where the lion's share of his posts come from.

Jinky is the greatest right back PoCoMo ever produced. That is a fact. In his salad days, his mere presence tended to light up a side if it were struggling. That's a lot of presence even in the halcyon days of salad. A wry comment or a witty repartee aimed at one of the opposition can galvanise a side. The backline banter at PoCoMo was legendary though the majority of the opposition was often too dim to understand what was happening to them. The man simply is Kamloops. Jinky was also a key member of the fabled Peg side that beat Metro Ford in the 1999 Ambleside tournament, the best local footballing tournament ever played in Vancouver.

I played against Jimmy Holiday in the long-forgotten predecessor to the U-21 league while playing for the Firemen. We beat his side despite being coached by Sneddon the Elder and having Buckfast in net. 'Nuff said.

I have had the pleasure of playing with Regs for about ten years now even though he doesn't remember the first five years of our footballing relationship. Presumably he was too engaged in plotting his departure to greener footballing pastures. I can't be arsed to speculate. For what it's worth, I don't remember him either presumably because back then he had lovely flowing locks. Anyway, his much-publicised 'move' never fails to bamboozle the opposition particularly when playing against girls on the sand of a Sunday morning down near BC Place. Regs is disqualified from being in with a shout of winning this as he was sent off in the 1999 Ambleside tournament against Inter. Despite my heroics in pulling a goal back, the one man deficit was simply too much. One of my Dad's favourite players to watch. And my old man isn't a fool even if the fruit of his loins might indicate otherwise. The milkman rumours are cruel.

D Jones is also a player my old man enjoys watching and was first introduced to the man's supreme skill in the Nation's Cup when D Jones's England took on India in the final. He may as well have played them on his own as he was, for all intents and purposes, the entire England side against a very good and balanced India team. If England could have won that final on sheer will they'd have had D Jones to thank for the result. Not bad for someone with a Taff surname. More importantly than that particular Nation's Cup final however, was the fact that D Jones was a member of the Metro Ford side in the 1999 Ambleside tournament. In the first match a side made up of Jinky, Regs, The Captain, Dicken's_Cider and JR (and six others including myself) Peg took on the might of a Mtero Ford. It's difficult to remember but Metro Ford were once a very good team........ The point of this exercise is that Peg beat Metro Ford that day after I scored what was to be the most satisfying goal of my long and often-brilliant footballing career off a pass from Tony Pensanto and The Captain. Bottom corner on Smiles. The reason D Jones simply must win this poll is that when I scored my wonder-goal he was on the sideline. Had he been on the pitch the likelihood of me being able to boast to anyone who will listen that I once scored a goal against Metro Ford in the 1999 Ambleside tournament would have been slim to none. My unborn grandchildren owe D Jones a great favour.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If this is a poll about who the best player is right now, then my vote goes to Davey Jones.

I'd definitely have to say that Davey Jones is the toughest player to play against in this poll. I was matched up against Davey J in the centermid in our second match this season, and I thought it was a good battle. He's like a pitbull.

Leechy has a ton of skill, but not the grit and determination that makes DJ more of a complete package.

Knowone and KNVB I've played against in prior seasons and sorry guys:rolleyes: , he's still a better player.

These are the only guys that I know on the list who are playing consistently this season in Premier. I'm not sure who Jinky is. Sorry.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hilarious.

Gomesy disregard. I was a bit Gordon Campbell last night. Thank you.

Here we come..... walking down the street.... :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've played against Davey Jones also Gomesy. What really makes him tough is how he sings as he dribbles and chases:

"Here we come, running down the field, breathing down your neck, you better learn to shield. Hey, hey were the Wo-olves, and we like to prowl around, we like to play keep up, but it's nice to keep the ball on the ground".

Very annoying and intimidating. If you get to play alongside him you have to learn all the words to all these songs, and it's difficult to run and carry a tambourine.

Davey Jones. Quite a player. I think he can sing in Portugese. you should try to get him on your team. :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I voted for Fastshow because, surely, anyone who is British (or at least lives over there) and plays football must be superior to any North American athletes.:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain gets my vote...

Although he has no back, one knee, no ankles, bad eye sight, no toe nails, one wrist, little hair :eek:, sh*tty golf clubs, and he's a teacher, he still takes it!

All of the above and he can still play a mean footy game in the parking lots of Scurrvey :)

+SC

By no means was SC paid off to state the obvious

BTW Regi, if I had the power to do what Fasty does (and vote for everyone in the poll) you'd be my 2nd pick.;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all about 3rd place now. :D I scored a goal while Regs was defending me this weekend. Does that help?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts