Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Bars Todays Generation Never Heard Of

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Turf c. 1980: guy rides his Harley through the bar... ...twice

The Marine Club, c. 1985: Art Bergman faceplants on the middle of a table surrounded by journalism students who have been impressed moments earlier by the opportunity to meet an "infamous local music personality." Art was out cold...

The King Eddy, 1988: being cougar-hunted with a couple of slightly younger friends, who started dumping bricks when one of the cougars followed us into the can "because I just love watching guys pee" she said...

The Boo, 1991: post practice, accosted by a guy and his significant other in the parking lot: "hey guys, if you buy us a six pack, my girlfriend will give you a blow job." This was followed by nice smiles showing their pearly yellow stumps and possibly a dozen teeth between them. Scary...

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm surprised some of you old (er) folk haven't brought up Pharaoh's. Before my time, but evidently the place to be. Trece?? Dude...? Regs?? :p

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up Whisler Long Horn.Can't forget Daddy Long legs,and Hippo on North Shore,the famous Pitt UBC all good places to visit from time to time....shite can't forget Penthouse,Cecil,Coach House

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco...come on man...I think we're the same age.

I do remember the Hawaiian Village in New West used to serve anyone underage that could at least pull off 16. We'd then head to Mug's & Jugs, and hope our fake IDs worked.

Longhorn hasn't changed...at all...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I was in grade 12 I started playing fastball in a men's league and I once woke up with a huge headache and glitter all over my head. I had passed out at Izzy's Strip City which I think was on Davie somewhere near Hamburger Mary's (but it might have been Robson pre-posh era...). I had grabbed some zz's on the part of the stage that jutted out into the crowd (kind of like a model's runway) and some stripper, who had pasties and panties on (that's as far as they went I think), grabbed the back of my head by the hair and rubbed my face in her boobs...at least that's what the guys told me.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, sounds like you spent your 20's at strictly cougar bars wearing a silk shirt....smart move.

On another note, if those cougars were in their 40's in the 90's, most are now probably in their retirement years.....

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Gentlemen's" establishments:

The Drake
The Cecil
Penthouse
Morbid Itch (Marble Arch)
Broken (Fraser) Arms
Roach (Coach) House
Muggs & Juggs
Blue Boy
Da Boo
Skyline
Lynnwood

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Places to find a younger Sir M or Peter:

Odyssey
Pelican Bay
Chicago's Tonight
Sergio's
Whisper's
Backstage
Dick's on Dick's
LuvAfair
Notorious

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure many would have ventured in here, but Twilight Zone was a blast. Now it is the Portside Pub, (previously Post Modern). Goth, dark wave type stuff, with two levels and loud...always a fun and interesting crowd.
Hade a few good nights at the Port Moody Inn too.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confetti's, Dewy Pardy and Howe (West Van) and Savage Beagle (Whistler). Olympic Hotel and The St. Alice, and when they closed it was off to The Avalon and maybe finish off at The Sandy Cove aka The Smokey Closet. 2nd smokiest bar behind The Rose and Thorn.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Viva on Georgia was probably the hottest disco/bar in town for quite a few years. The Gandydancer was a gay bar that was pretty hot as well as all the women loved going there...all this circa 1980 or so.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps...I was lucky enough to have a passable fake ID in high school, and a couple of older buddies who showed me the Path to Enlightenment. Travelled once, there was no turning back.

Tanna from Nashville had me showing up to my Friday 8:00 grade 12 French class in cream coloured slacks, dress shoes (black socks, I ain't no scrub), partially untucked and wrinkled purple silk shirt sans la cravate, smelling like cigarettes, stale beer, and puma sweat. 15 minutes or so late. And to the applause of my male classmates.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps...I was lucky enough to have a passable fake ID in high school, and a couple of older buddies who showed me the Path to Enlightenment. Travelled once, there was no turning back.

Tanna from Nashville had me showing up to my Friday 8:00 grade 12 French class in cream coloured slacks, dress shoes (black socks, I ain't no scrub), partially untucked and wrinkled purple silk shirt sans la cravate, smelling like cigarettes, stale beer, and puma sweat. 15 minutes or so late. And to the applause of my male classmates.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts