Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bend It Like Beckham

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This could have been posted under Romantic Movie Ideas for Regs, but we'll give it its own thread anyways.

Bend It Like Beckham, is about a young Indian girl, with fantastic footballing skills, who disobeys her parents by playing with a high level London girls team. There's a romantic interest, cultural issues, sexual issues, and a reasonable amount of teenage lockerroom skin shots (read: small nuggets in sportsbras).

Quite frankly with the recent multiple releases of footie movies such as Mean Machine, A Shot At Glory, and Shoalin Soccer, this one actually ranks quite highly despite its chick-flick style. The accents are authentic, the girls are good looking, the story is decent and your better half will love you for watching it with her.

Movie Trailer.

You can download a DVD rip from Kazaa.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant Flick...

Okay, so I'm behind the times a little here. I just bought this DVD ($3.00 Canadian) because it is cheaper to buy than rent.:) Well worth every penny!

Keeper is bang on, and I can relate to the 'inter-racial relationship struggles':eek: Anyone who coaches females should catch this flick! It's not your typical teen or Walt Disney special either.

I think Parminder Nagra would make the cut for Dude's brown girl thread . Her skills on and off the field remind me of someone I know:eek:

Captain, this is a very inspirational movie for your young ladies, it's perfect timing with your finals and all. You should view this at a team bonding night ASAP!;)

+SC:cool:

I wouldn't mind 'playing' under that coach either! :eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

Since seeing this movie some time ago, I've been happily amazed at its success. Speaking with many women about it, I've found that females of all ages are nuts about it -- from teenagers to grannies. I know one team has, in fact, used it as a source of inspiration for a big game. Moreover, non-sporting girl friends love it as well -- it truely has crossed many, many boundries.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read a review of the movie that said she had never played before being cast for the movie. I actually thought the action scenes were a little too choreographed, but not a bad movie that appeals the little girl in all of us.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
movies are movies...

it wasn't so much the skills , but the story. She looked like she could play the part of a player, that's for sure. Good on them, I also thought blondie was a bit cheeze, but think of the young up and comer players will never know the difference!

Keeps, I just planned a girls night this coming weekend, it will involve 6 episodes of Sex and the City, alongside "Bend it Like Beckham":wa:

Seriously, the cinematography was okay, although, she did look down at the ball a lot:confused:

+SCwithgirlpower;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
out of my control...

Every since I viewed this flick it has become very popular amongst my friends (male and female). My DVD has been passed around like a hot potato and now there is a back-up of people that want to borrow it:rolleyes:

I recommended it to my one of my students, so next time we meet I will get $80 smacks to discuss the movie:D You gotta love it:wa:

Keeps, I'd invite you over for 'girls' night, but I think you would have left yesterday in order to make it here on time;)

+SC:eek:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matrix - Reloaded

It was alright...I need to see it at least 5x more to understand what the hell they are talking about through the movie.
Effects were great and Keanu Reeves STILL can't act :rolleyes:

I recommend it fully, but PAY ATTENTION!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
to cheap to pay attention

Originally posted by striker14

Effects were great and Keanu Reeves STILL can't act :rolleyes:

Perfect review Striker :eek: Sounds like you are pretty observant, you must be a coaches dream player;)

I particularly enjoyed Keanu's use of space on the playing field. :rolleyes:

+SC

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perfect review Striker Sounds like you are pretty observant, you must be a coaches dream player

I particularly enjoyed Keanu's use of space on the playing field.

SC,

That was very funny. Usually I just scan your posts because of the off-chance I may seizure, but I think I might pay more attention next time.............just like striker14 should.:rolleyes:

Well done SC!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still can't spell worth a damn, but thanks for your input Ballbaby!:)

+SCwhohasalwaysbeenpickedon&returningthefav:eek:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't seen it yet.....

I would have watched it as soon as it came out if Beckham was actually the star of the movie...... :D (naked scenes would be nice too!)

but I see women play soccer all the damn time..... :rolleyes:

But one of these days I'll have to watch it......

Spazz

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the *&%#$

Originally posted by Ballbaby
SC,

That was very funny. Usually I just scan your posts because of the off-chance I may seizure, but I think I might pay more attention next time.............just like striker14 should.:rolleyes:

Well done SC!

What is with the piss slingin'???

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is with the piss slingin'???

Striker14,

Who's slingin piss? It's just I understood Matrix first time out. The only goof I made was that I walked into the theater expecting to view Bend it like Beckham, but the Matrix came on instead. Sort of like this thread. The odds of it happening twice are astronomical. Next time I will pay extra special attention into where I venture.:rolleyes: :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worth a gander...

Originally posted by Spazz

but I see women play soccer all the damn time..... :rolleyes:

But one of these days I'll have to watch it......

Spazz

Spazz believe me, the star may have never played football before, but she would school any British Columbian div. 4, 3 or 2 player quite handedly:eek:

We are lead to believe that there is a slight Beckham cameo, but fully clothed unfort.:(

+SClikesBallbabyalotrightnow:eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts