Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckham out of World Cup 2010

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he was a good professional footballer but have never used him in the same breath as footballing GREATS......

I don't totally disagree with what you're saying CS......for a change;) I do however, think he is one of the GREATS when it comes to his passing ability and his freekicks. I also think you'd have some of those greats say the same thing.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't totally disagree with what you're saying CS......for a change;) I do however, think he is one of the GREATS when it comes to his passing ability and his freekicks. I also think you'd have some of those greats say the same thing.

Fair enough, Dancing Bear. :) David Beckham was a good professional footballer who could hit a very good dead ball. We agree on that. :)

Hopefully he recovers to play again as it would be a shitty way to end a good career.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, Dancing Bear. :) David Beckham was a good professional footballer who could hit a very good dead ball. We agree on that. :)

Hopefully he recovers to play again as it would be a shitty way to end a good career.

Are you really limiting him to saying he could only hit free kicks. Christ he isn't Messi or Ronaldo but could anybody CROSS a ball or hit a 40 yard pass like he could. Isn't that the actual purpose of an outside midfielder. The majority of goals are scored off of plays down the wing and crosses in the middle. I hate this argument because people just pick apart the side of his game that wasn't really his role. Ribery etc and the top outside guys today don't head a great ball, play great defense etc. if he had great heading ability and the things you suggest he is missing he would have played in a differerent position.

Ask Yorke and Cole who the best outside Midfielder was, he was probably the most effective player at Real Madrid as well and that comes from Analyst from the club. He worked his bag off and created opportunities. Name 5 guys who were more effective in the last 15 years in that position. Messi and Ronaldo don't qualify as outside midfield as the shape played today is much different even though they come through from the outside. No he wouldn't be on my all time starting 11 but in his position I can't think of many better in their prime in the last 15-20 years. And please don't give me names from the Scottish league because most those teams couldn't play in Ghouses BCPL.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you really limiting him to saying he could only hit free kicks. Christ he isn't Messi or Ronaldo but could anybody CROSS a ball or hit a 40 yard pass like he could. Isn't that the actual purpose of an outside midfielder. The majority of goals are scored off of plays down the wing and crosses in the middle. I hate this argument because people just pick apart the side of his game that wasn't really his role. Ribery etc and the top outside guys today don't head a great ball, play great defense etc. if he had great heading ability and the things you suggest he is missing he would have played in a differerent position.

Ask Yorke and Cole who the best outside Midfielder was, he was probably the most effective player at Real Madrid as well and that comes from Analyst from the club. He worked his bag off and created opportunities. Name 5 guys who were more effective in the last 15 years in that position. Messi and Ronaldo don't qualify as outside midfield as the shape played today is much different even though they come through from the outside. No he wouldn't be on my all time starting 11 but in his position I can't think of many better in their prime in the last 15-20 years. And please don't give me names from the Scottish league because most those teams couldn't play in Ghouses BCPL.

Steady mate....you basically restated my post. Don't start slinging shite at the Scottish though.......you'll bring up a whole other argument and I wouldn't fancy your chances:mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts