Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senior A lacrosse is filled with NLL players who are, wait for it, paid professionals. Also, senior A lacrosse teams pay many of their stars, last time I checked you were lucky to get 10% off at Sportstown if you played for Richmond FC.

They pay the same way several VMSL and one FVSL (allegedly) pays: via brown paper bag.

Point being, I think Regs is trying to big time me.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I wanted to be in the VMSL I would have taken the Deltas Squad whe it was offered to me, first I might add ,oh so long ago..Or AFC even before.

Ghouse,

You agreed to "terms" with Delta for their premier spot this summer, then quickly backed out once you heard the BCPL was going ahead. I believe your quote was, "thanks guys, but I don't need it anymore... I'm going to the new BCPL through the valley".

And don't try to say it isn't true...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never agreed to anything. I listened and said I would think about it. And declined way before the league was finalized...Why would I have 2 teams in the same league. You make it sound like I never picked up Delta cause I am in anyways ,,,well there are 2 ways to take that..why would I have 2 teams In the same league ??? So what your saying is true,agreed,..but the meaning your insinuating is wrong.
Take it how you like I could have picked up a few other teams over the years and didnt.
I started our club at the bottom and worked our way up..We earned where we are. And where we will be. And Im proud of that and of the guys.
And I am super happy to represent the FVSL.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, BCPL is going to be awesome for soccer in BC, combined with the Whitecaps in the MLS, they will do wonders for the increasing the level of soccer in BC and get way more deserved attention to soccer in BC. You are going to get better and bigger sponsors coming in, more media coverage, maybe even better stadium, i.e. Swangard once Caps leave for BC Place.

Once the MLS comes, you're going to have a whole new generation that will want to play for the Whitecaps and not the Canucks, and will dream about winning an MLS Cup, Concacaf Champions League, or maybe even a FIFA World Club Cup one day... hey you never know.

Surprisingly people forget how expensive it is to play ice hockey, buying gear and so on and to travel with all that gear.

Anyone who says the BCPL isn't a good thing for soccer in BC is thinking way too small and/or not really looking at the bigger picture.

As for travelling in the BCPL, i've actually heard that BC Ferries and Translink may provide group discounts or free passes for BCPL teams for island games. And the league may work something out with Ramada and Best Western on the island for group discounts for teams. Many of these organizations may even turn out to be sponsors of the new league as well.

Good Luck to all the teams that make it there. I must say it's going to awesome to finally see VMSL and FVSL go at it at regular basis, and see everyone get behind their league and their teams. Should be fun.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, BCPL is going to be awesome for soccer in BC, combined with the Whitecaps in the MLS, they will do wonders for the increasing the level of soccer in BC and get way more deserved attention to soccer in BC. You are going to get better and bigger sponsors coming in, more media coverage, maybe even better stadium, i.e. Swangard once Caps leave for BC Place.

Once the MLS comes, you're going to have a whole new generation that will want to play for the Whitecaps and not the Canucks, and will dream about winning an MLS Cup, Concacaf Champions League, or maybe even a FIFA World Club Cup one day... hey you never know.

Surprisingly people forget how expensive it is to play ice hockey, buying gear and so on and to travel with all that gear.

Anyone who says the BCPL isn't a good thing for soccer in BC is thinking way too small and/or not really looking at the bigger picture.

As for travelling in the BCPL, i've actually heard that BC Ferries and Translink may provide group discounts or free passes for BCPL teams for island games. And the league may work something out with Ramada and Best Western on the island for group discounts for teams. Many of these organizations may even turn out to be sponsors of the new league as well.

Good Luck to all the teams that make it there. I must say it's going to awesome to finally see VMSL and FVSL go at it at regular basis, and see everyone get behind their league and their teams. Should be fun.

Did you happen to graduate from the U of F? :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second time I've heard this:rolleyes: Sorry ghouse, but that is absolute garbage.
Every year that I have been here the VMSL Premier has been competitive. This year moreso than any other but it has nothing to do with 'promotion'.
Do you think Richmond had a huddle last night when they beat Delta on how they needed to get their act together to get promoted?
Or maybe that Surrey, West Van, Columbus and Metro Ford decided to throw the games against Westside in order to keep it a tight race? I can assure you that Westside didn't have a speech on how, if we were going to get to this utopian league, that we needed to beat the top teams in the league.
When I came here 5 seasons ago, Westside tied Inter for 1st on points and it was pretty tight after that. We weren't playing for promotion....we were playing to win. Period. Some years are more spread out than others....as they are in all leagues in all places but generally speaking, the VMSL is a strong league. I can't speak for FVSL and only know a couple of the teams on the island from Provincials.
My point is that this new league has nothing to do with the competitiveness in the VMSL.
You are definitely plugging this league ghouse and perhaps, as it seems, you have your own wee agenda in getting your lads out of playing in the valley. If that's your angle, all the power to you, but call it what it is.
People are not daft (well except Captain Shamrock after a few too many pints and posts:D) and they see through shite. Some of your comments are a bit misinformed and you only look to be self-serving.

Cheers,

DB

Well said, Dancing Bear. Well.....most of it. :mad:

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As an unbiased observer who doesn't care, you can kind of see the VMSL supporter's point, can't you?

This will make the VMSL second fiddle, and drain them of their best tallent. Currently, they have most of that, and are the top dog, so far as the leagues go. Most players worth their salt are playing in the VMSL now (if there is no option for them to play higher). Sure the VISL and FVSL have some quality of players in their ranks, but in the VMSL, every roster is of that quality.

Wouldn't you be pissed if that apple cart were about to be upset?

I just see it as the right time and natural evolution of the game out here, and likely see this evolving into an overall younger Premier league...for many issues. Again, the Senior A Lacross league appears to be the best analogy I can think of.

All the rest of the issues are for those that care more about this than me.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also sounds like they might be a little upset if the valley players that currently play in the VMSL come back and play for a valley team thus resulting in proving the theory that they wouldn't be as good as they are without the valleys help.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right Girth, they are the Valley's players. They own them. Why the fukc haven't they seen the light before and gone "home" to play in the Valley?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more thing I would like yo add and I feel its Important.
Its not a new LEAGUE.
Its a new DIVISION.
All teams are still in thier Leagues.
with-Promotion,Religation and Domestic Cups.
-The new Premier division, with the divisions below changeing accordingly.
Same as what the VISL has now.

Also, so you all know. All teams in the new Premier Division qualify for Provincials automatically.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right Girth, they are the Valley's players. They own them. Why the fukc haven't they seen the light before and gone "home" to play in the Valley?

Well they don't need to because Surrey, Delta, Metro Ford, Pegasus are all valley teams playing under the VMSL name. My god man if you think the actual talent in that league is coming out of Vancouver you are lost. north Delta is a hot bed for soccer thats where the talent comes from.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the counter-point OD was making was this notion that all valley-based players currently in the VMSL would "switch" to a FVSL-based team once this league is in place.

What would be interesting to know is how many of the 4 'valley based' VMSL teams you mention (Metro Ford seems a bit of a stretch to be called a valley team I think) are NON-valley players.

I agree with you though, North Delta is the hotbed for soccer. Too bad they won't have a team in the super league. Where will they all go?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not debating the strength of the VMSL teams right now One Dart just stating that this will definately change the strength of them after this new league is developed as players may find a higher level team closer to their home...the valley.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not debating the strength of the VMSL teams right now One Dart just stating that this will definately change the strength of them after this new league is developed as players may find a higher level team closer to their home...the valley.

Is the rumor true that the tigers are looking to buy a spot? ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more thing I would like yo add and I feel its Important.
Its not a new LEAGUE.
Its a new DIVISION.
All teams are still in thier Leagues.
with-Promotion,Religation and Domestic Cups.
-The new Premier division, with the divisions below changeing accordingly.
Same as what the VISL has now.

Also, so you all know. All teams in the new Premier Division qualify for Provincials automatically.

Thank you Ghouse for repeating what others have said numerous times over the last few months.

Rah Rah Rah, Shish Boom Bah...

Humbug.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

Worth the wait for sure. I take back everything I was going on about marketing.

Clearly I am humbled.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0