Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI-the ICST Pegasus vs. Delta game has been revised to this Sunday, 4pm kickoff at Newton turf.

Thanks very much to Miller & co. at Delta for showing some class and accomodating this relatively late switch after we suddenly found out our normal field allotment (Friday nights) had been changed due to Spring schedules starting. I understand some other teams are going through the same issues. I assume Metro Ford must be one of them because they play on Saturday at 5:30 at Charles Best???

On a side note, I asked Mr. Azzi today why the provincial cup semi finals would not be hosted by Kinsemen instead of Percy Perry. After watching the Cup final doubleheader there last weekend, it is the perfect place to stage games like this. He said the problem was too many games to fit in, including all divisions of womens and mens soccer. Too bad...the atmosphere at Town Centre is brutal.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got a double header spot at Kinsmen on fairly short notice for the first round of Provincial Cup Reedie, and I believe it is available for the second round, and probably the semis but I never asked. It would mean more lining for DCR20 and more BBQing for Eagles though. Plus we have an in to get the grass double cut.

It would be easy to do another doubleheader at Kinsmen IMO. I say finals though if no Island teams.

My input...

Sir M

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Percy Perry

Organizers wouldn't want to see games in April and May played on grass!:rolleyes:
Such a shame we have now made artificial turf the primary playing surface in the lower mainland.

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
we (hnk vatreni) , were hoping to get our "div 2" cup game played on any field with a dressing room, no luck, instead we got the worst field in vancouver, POINT GREY TURF... what a great place to hold a cup final even if it's div 2.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we (hnk vatreni) , were hoping to get our "div 2" cup game played on any field with a dressing room, no luck, instead we got the worst field in vancouver, POINT GREY TURF... what a great place to hold a cup final even if it's div 2.

agreed any cup final should be grass, and changeroom. I mean FFS is it that hard??

Also if an Island team isnt in the Open mens final, definately should be held at either Kinsmen or South Surrey. Both are have excellent atmospheres and make for a much better game.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed any cup final should be grass, and changeroom. I mean FFS is it that hard??

Also if an Island team isnt in the Open mens final, definately should be held at either Kinsmen or South Surrey. Both are have excellent atmospheres and make for a much better game.

I agree...After the Island last year bailed on comeing here to play semifinals at SSurrey...precedence was set and the final should be moved to the mainland..(if its an all mainland final)
Normally I would say you gotta do what is set forth in the rules..but after last year..fair is fair.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grass

IMO - Cloverdale would be the best venue!

I'm actually suprised Marty didn't tell his buddy Azzi they would host the semi's!

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
last minute change for tonight, it's GRASS after all! We just finished moving the lights over.....phew! long time since I dug ditches.:cool:

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know i was thinking i was going to post here about an awesome grudge match against PAU and POCO, but i've never seen one referee sabotage one game more than this referee. I drove out to watch a potentially awesome game, and after the 15th minute the ref sent off 2 POCO players in one play. And in total sent off 3 POCO players. And none of the plays seemed like red cards, maybe a stern warning and a couple yellows. It just boggles the mind. I've never seen that many players sent off so quickly in such a short time span in such an important game. It was weird to say the least.

I'm not going to even try to figure out what this ref was thinking, but it's safe to say he won't be referring any FVSL or VMSL games after this performance in a very important game, or at the least won't be in high demand to ref in important games. There definitely seemed like there was some sort of vendetta or something wrong with this ref. Strangely enough, he seemed fairly decent in other FVSL games during the regular season, but completely dropped the ball in this game.

Anyways, my condolences to POCO and even PAU, the game just seemed weird after the 2 send offs. And well done to POCO for keeping their cool during and after the game. And to PAU for keeping the scoreline decent. Most would have been fcuk off to the ref and fcuk off to the game, let's go to the pub for some wings and dinner cause the ref is out to lunch.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 pens and 3 reds by 15mins. Probably about 6 yellows by half time, crazy ref, ruined what might have been a good game that started off lively. One red was for an accidental foul from a legitimate challenge and not one of the PAU players protested yet he sent off 2 players????

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it is the ref I think it is...he is SHOCKING!

He is the guy who sent two of our guys off in the 1/4's of the PAK.
None of them were even close to a red....

And he booked our player for asking for 10 yards on a free kick.... He has told people that all the soccer around here is aweful and he is to good a ref to be doing these games...we talked to the league about him a couple times

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know i was thinking i was going to post here about an awesome grudge match against PAU and POCO, but i've never seen one referee sabotage one game more than this referee. I drove out to watch a potentially awesome game, and after the 15th minute the ref sent off 2 POCO players in one play. And in total sent off 3 POCO players. And none of the plays seemed like red cards, maybe a stern warning and a couple yellows. It just boggles the mind. I've never seen that many players sent off so quickly in such a short time span in such an important game. It was weird to say the least.

I'm not going to even try to figure out what this ref was thinking, but it's safe to say he won't be referring any FVSL or VMSL games after this performance in a very important game, or at the least won't be in high demand to ref in important games. There definitely seemed like there was some sort of vendetta or something wrong with this ref. Strangely enough, he seemed fairly decent in other FVSL games during the regular season, but completely dropped the ball in this game.

Anyways, my condolences to POCO and even PAU, the game just seemed weird after the 2 send offs. And well done to POCO for keeping their cool during and after the game. And to PAU for keeping the scoreline decent. Most would have been fcuk off to the ref and fcuk off to the game, let's go to the pub for some wings and dinner cause the ref is out to lunch.

Spot on about the game. I even took my kids out to this game thinking it was going to be one hell of a grudge match for them to watch after last weekend. Decided to leave at half-time as even the kids were baffled as to what kind of power trip this ref was on.

Congrats to PA and feel sorry for Poco for what they had to put up with. Never in all the years I have played, have I ever a ref decide a game the way he did.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously,

This is the BCs and players are really jacked up to play. Refs should know this and let the tensions play themselves out the 1st 20 minutes or so. After all that, players and ref see the level and tackles that will occur, everyone adjusts to it and the game would be great.
But the ref is a fcuk head and never played soccer, or a total anomally like Miro, and voila, a fcuked up BC tourney for PoCo.

Seen it many, many times.....

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same ref who lined the final last week. In the dying moments of the final, Peace Arch were awarded a penalty, and the Poco player who committed the foul said something to the linesman who made the call. The linesman reacted and said something back. Fast forward to last night, ref sends off same player under 15 minutes for what was a trip in the middle of the field. Not from behind, not malicious. A trip. Straight red. Turns around and gives another straight red to another player for what we can still not figure out. All under 15 minutes.

I have truly never seen anything like it before. As was posted on here before, it was a shame to see all those people come out to see what should have been a great game and have the ref influence the outcome so early. It was so obvious that he had some kind of hidden agenda against Poco. If this had happened at the pro level, there would be some kind of inquisition. I'm not exaggerating, it was that bad.

Good luck to Peace Arch in the next round. Really great group of guys there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0