Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamcock you are terrible. Thank god there was no was no cover to watch you plumbers. You guys were terrible except for your keeper. Hope you are able to finish above .500 next year.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2 SU 0

The topic on the sidelines (behind the fence) was that the actual referee appointed to this game, DID NOT SHOW UP. The boy who ref (don't know how old) was supposed to be the assistant and ended up officiating the game, he was never in a premiership middle, never mind a Provincial Cup game. Yeah he made some mistakes, but kudos go to him to come out in good terms generally (with the exception of the softy PK). Also all the players on the field cooperated to made it a bit easy for this young referee.

Now the question is: How can this happen in a PROVINCIAL CUP?

No wonder soccer will go nowhere in this country.

My 2 pennies

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If that is the case, I take back what I said about poor officiating and I apologize. It must have been a very tough job, and well done given the difficult circumstances.

Sir M.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
MFW 2 Croatia 0
MFW deserved the win. It reminded me of my game yesterday as Croatia was just flat.
I must make a comment on the Red card handed out as I was standing right there,,yes a card. But no way a red one. The game was not chippy and the 2 involved both were just after a 50/50 ball. No intentional harm was ment. Straight Red ? to bad and now the MFW player must miss an all important next game.
Other than that I thought the Middle did a good job.

Porter7

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Veersy seeing red! Unlucky. I've played with and against him ever since youth. I know he has a firery temper...what did he do?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So who was out with Walks the nigth before.........surely they can tell us what happened to the ref not showing:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to hear Darcy's,.. et al...... delivered for the fellas.
Started at the Keg... Darcy's line was too big so headed over to element where i felt like a fossil. Finished the night back at the hotel with my head in the toilet missing my credit card. Fack me.:eek:

Definately a good battle at Hampton, as the Irish know how to finish their tackles!
We knew we were in tough and left everything on the field. It was a great day, and a fantastic atmosphere. Great experience for some of our younger guys... and the old farts too.

Classic post game conversation...
Gorge player "you guys come flying into tackles you have 10% chance of winning"
Geoff Salt "10%? Hell, I'll take 10%. I play the lotto and my odds are 1 in 17 million. 10% is great":D

Is "Sixfvy" your keeper? ....or....Whoever, had a couple of great saves first half!!!
That's me. Cheers. Mobility was an issue yesterday. Knee is a water balloon. We can blame that on the Gordon Head striker who viciously attacked my knee with his ribs last week.:D

Looking forward to catching the Semi's in a couple of weeks.

Good luck to everyone still competing. Except two-nine.

Fore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

professor

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good question was asked "how does a referee not show up for a Provincial Cup game?" Until these questions get answered and addressed soccer standards will continue to be at this same low level.

Happenings such as this puts into question the overall quality of the games and actually says a lot about the priority of the BC Men's Soccer tournament. A softy PK? Sorry Surrey but it doesn't seem right although I'm sure WV is happy with the result.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That’s what they said about Picasso...

....right before he cut his own ear off.

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 54

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge vs RCIU was a far more aggressive and quicker paced game. Good battle from what I saw. Gorge deserved the 2 - 0 victory. #9 up front for RCIU was quite a baby.

Fowler,

I have to agree that #9 for RCIU is a **** more often then not. Maybe that old saying "Better to play with him then against him" applies here?

The brand of soccer he applies game after game is a bitch to deal with, what a nightmare he is. Obviously quite fortunate to be able to play alongside the great set of lads that feature in our squad.

Maybe one day you can play against him and see it up close and personal. :)

Enjoyed the atmosphere surrounding Hampton Park on a sunny Saturday afternoon. The away support was FANTASTIC, however the peanut gallery, though big in turnout, lacked in the creativity tepartment to say the least. Poor form.

We were unlucky not to go ahead in the opening minutes after a shot from the top of the box went off the inside of the post but came straight back out. A goal that early changes the game entirely and the longer it went on, after being zero's at the half, you knew it was going to be first to score was going to take it. Give away a cheap free kick and it gets buried. At that point its everyone forward and get caught out for a 2nd with no time left on the clock. All in all a well fought out game, good luck the rest of the way.

BTW, was amazed at the amount of moaning coming from the Gorge players during the game after every challenge, my ears hurt ;)

Guess now they know a 10% chance aint so bad :D

Ship it.

fowler

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do have to say after watching the two games on Saturday that it would be great to see a BC Premier league. As a fan, the majority of our regular season games here on the Island lack the competitiveness to make it interesting. It would be great to see the quality teams (or even the less than quality teams like RCIU ;)) coming over from the mainland on a regular basis.

There is no denying that #9 was effective out there. Gotta give him credit for that.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The new BC Premier League is the best idea to come along since they made footballs round. Period.!

joe

May 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fowler, go snort a bit more coke.......

Anyway, our guys were fantastic today.......gave Gorge a really good go and were dominant in the second half. Gorge had 3 great opportunities in the first half but SixFyv was up to the challenge......we were the better team in the second half but a free-kick was the downfall.........:(

Great guys on Gorge..pleasure to meet Cages........:D ;) Overall, it was a great day of football. Our guys battled and Gorge knew they were in a game. :)

:)
Your goalkeeper was amazing should have been 3-0 Gorge awesome display..second half was a little more even than dominated by Richmond...we did score two goals...Regrdless great game from both teams except #9 needed a soother on every other call.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0