Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any interest in the CFL these days or is everyone waiting for the giant called the NFL to start up?

The Lions offence stinks, period. The defense has a better chance of winning games for them. Heard the game on 980 NW, it was crap!

Any comments about Benefield's articles in the Province?

Hey ~regs~ any chance of getting a javascript smile plugging his nose?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bt,

I couldn't belive the score when I first saw it. 12 - 7 is not a CFL score. The Lions will be OK. Give them some time. What was the attendence for the game? Any idea?

TR.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It'll take time. Come to think of it, wasn't everyone saying the same around this time last year?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

I think 19,000+ and they probably where bored stiff. I am not sure but I think they where getting bigger crowds last year. I know it's early in the season, but come on 19,000 for the CFL Champs'.

Maybe they would get more folks out if the weather was crappy?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year's first two games drew ~25K and ~23K I think (according to yesterday's daily rag)... this year it said something like ~19K and ~18K.

Personally, I just can't get "into" the CFL this year. It doesn't help when we're 3 games into the year and the Leo's, defending Grey Cup champs, have yet to be televised here in Vancouver.

I wasn't into the NFL much last year either but I think I just might follow it a little closer considering there more than likely will be some sort of TTP pool.

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5BT,

I heard somewhere, that since BC Place opened, it has only rained something like 15 times on game days. The simple solution to get more people in the seats would be to take the fcuking roof off the place. That place is just a big tent. Not a very fun place to watch games, unless it's full.

TR.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

I totally agree. There is a rumour that Surrey will commission a new outdoor stadium when the PNE moves to the city. This is assuming the Liberals don't axe the move after they finish reviewing all the NDP initiatives. I think this initiative will stay in tact.

An outdoor venue with around 10-20,000 seats would be perfect to support the local sports communities as well as attract some bigger events.

I do not like watching a Lion's game at BC Place and I feel grateful that I got to experience Empire Stadium.

I hope the rumours pan out.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BallBaby,

A stadium that size would be perfect. You could have the Lions, and Caps play out of it. Look at football in Montreal since they moved to Molson Stadium. They go from having 10,000 people at the big O, to needing more seats at Molson(seats around 25,000). They've sold out every game for the past 4 or 5 years.

The national soccer team would likely come back too. I hear the reason they don't come here anymore, is because the stadium is to small.

TR.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello hello, how's it going?

Well I must sing you all a little song.

I'd rather be a Bomber then a fcuking BC Lion!
Because B.C. Lions suck shite!

Well now that that's out of my system, please don't take that the wrong way considering the Bombers started hot and have fizzeled to 2 and 2.

I just hope they rebound and kick BC's ass!

That is all.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast,

What do you mean who cares? It even says that your sport is football. How can you not like the lions if you like football.:rolleyes: You must be an NFL fan.

TR.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got me there, mate.

I thought you might call me on the three words business, but being from Maple Ridge I should assume you can't......;)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions vs Calgary

Lions at home to BC tonite 6:30. I going out on thr limb here...
The Lions will lose....

They will not get more than 10 pts.

Calgary is ssssshhhhhhiiiiitttttt but the Leos are worst....

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by 5bigtoes
Lions at home to BC tonite 6:30. I going out on thr limb here...
The Lions will lose....

They will not get more than 10 pts.

Calgary is ssssshhhhhhiiiiitttttt but the Leos are worst....

May I just point out Lions at home to BC???

Anyways I'm glad you can see a shite team.

Honestly I wanted the Lions to win last year over Montreal, but that was last year.

I would just like to say

Bombers 2 and 2
Lions 1 and 3

That is all that needs to be said right now.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't argue with that right now Mexi. Let's wait until next week. I think things will look a little different, or mabye quite similar( if you know what I mean).

TR.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

Your damn right things will look different...Instead of getting booted by the Stamps. It's going to be a waxing by the Als.

Mexi,

your prediction for Bombers vs Roughriders on friday week 5.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roar on Lions!

5BT,

I'm predicting a big win by the Leos. Mark my words. The Lions will win this week.

TR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts