Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Lions 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions kick off Friday night. Anyone care? There should be a little more hype surrounding the team this year with 1040 owning the rights to all their broadcasts. That is, of course, if there isn't a Canucks have just lost for the four millionth time in a season 23 years ago today anniversary show on. Cnuts.

Season tickets I hear start at $168.00. Is that right?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but the Lions would get a lot more people out if they had an open air stadium. Toronto is renovating Varsity Stadium in downtown. That will be perfect. 25,000 seats. That is what BC needs.

Anyhoo, I think they should do quite well this year as long as Dickenson's knee doesn't give. He only had it scoped about a month ago so it will be interesting to see how he fares.

"Going for more in 2004!"

On another note, I love their commercials. Especially the one where the guy is waving his flag in the front room and it gets caught in the cieling fan. Caos insues. :D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the "Cheering Works" adds. The one with the lady having her candy bar stuck and then the man screaming at her to not give up. Brings a tear to my eye how well they work together.

On a BC Lions tickets note, they will be sold not only at Safeway on gamedays this year but also at Sport Chek anytime for $16.00, it is a cent more than you can get at Safeway and you have to sit in the Sport Chek zone rather than tickets anywhere (I believe that is how the Safeway tickets work) but you can get them anytime.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have a few guys at work that played in the CFL and watching games with them is hilarious.....the stories they have about some of the players in the league that are still playing are shall i say" interesting" .One guy quit 12 games into the year once he got on our job and the lion's went on to win the grey cup that year and the club didn't even give him a ring....

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched last nights game vs Edmonton....I have to be honest lots of scoring but I'd still take the NFL over the CFL....maybe it's the coverage? CFL just seems a little like watchin a B movie...

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
:confused:
5bigtoes said:
watched last nights game vs Edmonton....I have to be honest lots of scoring but I'd still take the NFL over the CFL....maybe it's the coverage? CFL just seems a little like watchin a B movie...

It just a totally different game, A cfl tailgate party is 4 rednecks in a back of a broken down datson shot gunning Pilsner, were an American tail gate party has 4 naked women on the front of a jacked f350 with budweiser and bar bq in the tailgate :confused:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the game on Friday night was rather entertaining. Compared to the state of TTP lately anyway. :rolleyes: Anytime two teams roll up 71 points, it's going to be fun to watch. The Lions secondary on the other wasn't fun to watch. They were horrific. 29 points should be good enough to win a football game.

The state of Dickenson's knee worries me a bit. He took a monster hit on it on Friday and didn't play again. They play Edmonton this week. Their secondary is worse than BC's, so Printers should be OK, then they have a bye. Hopefully a couple of weeks rest will do him good and he can come back and play like everyone knows he can.

Hopefully. :(

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Printers has just won the offensive player award for the second time in three weeks. This kid is on fire and should continue to start whenever Dickenson comes back.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Printers numbers from the last game were a little skewed as almost 300 of his 495 yards came from 3 plays. It doesn't matter how good Printers plays from now until Dickenson's return, he won't be starting when Dickenson is healthy. If Dickenson didn't have the past success that he has enjoyed then it would be different but he has so he will start.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone watch the game on Friday night and see the Lions get screwed? There is NO way the Calgary guy was in the endzone. Terrible refereeing. I will be at the Winterpeg - Lions game on Saturday and plan on giving the refs a piece of my mind.:mad:

On another note, the Bombers traded Khari Jones to Calgary yesterday. A good trade for the Stamps as they are in desperate need of a bonafide QB.

Anyone?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shi**y for the Lions as they now have to face Joe FLeming again this week after he helped Calgary dominate the Lions beat up and bruised offensive Line

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terrible reff'ing indeed. Bastages. However the Lions should never have been in that position. they should have already scored enought points to end the game as O'mahony missed 3 and the Lions had trouble getting touchdowns instead of field goal attempts.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
O'Mahony is not a place kicker and should never have been given the opportunity to do so. He is a great punter but his place kicking this year, his first as both place kicker and punter, has been average at best. It was only a matter of time before he blew his load like he did friday and cost the lions a game.

How the ref from the far sidelines, with at least a dozen players blocking his view, had a better angle than the ref who was right in front of the play is beyond me. They need instant replay. Not only for situations like this but CFL refs blow at least a call a game on sideline catches. Not sure if it was in the Calgary game or not but a Lions opponent was at least a foot into the white with both feet when he caught the ball and the ref runs up and calls it a catch. At least in the NFL the refs discuss close calls before coming to a decision.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the game on Friday night and it was like Calgary won the Grey Cup. I guess that happens when you win your 3rd game of the year. My man Duncan had a shocker and was getting the gears from the fans. Not surprisingly, several BC fans were ejected after a little altercation in my section. Five dollar pints served in a can. Plenty of eye candy as well. Printers was getting poor protection and wasn't throwing deep to Geroy.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
There is NO way the Calgary guy was in the endzone.
The player doesn't have to be in the ball just has to break the plane (plain?) of the endzone.I didn't think it happened either.
TheRob said:
Terrible refereeing. I will be at the Winterpeg - Lions game on Saturday and plan on giving the refs a piece of my mind.:mad
You do that TheRob I'm sure it'll be the same reffering crew too... :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the tail end of the game although not a big CFL fan.What the hell happened at the end it looked to me like the officials had no idea either? The one official near the end looked like he may have shat himself?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you are talking about the catch and kick play (kinda rugby looking), from what i gathered, the rule is, the guy can kick it and another player can pick it up, but the person picking it up has to be behind the kicker when it's kicked to make it a legitimate play.
Apparently he wasn't behind the kicker.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over 50,000 tickets sold for the game on Sunday? I think that it is safe to say that football is back here in BC. I think even if hockey were being played, you'd still see the crowds at the dome. More than 50,000 in there would be amazing to be a part of. Anyone going?

Lions 29 - 20 Riders. Take it to the bank.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alot of the lads are going to Kelly O's after our 10 am match.
Stevie says Kellyy O's will have cheap beers and Appy specials all day.
Should be a cracker of a game.

See some of you boys there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lions 34 --- Riders 31

Who will Q B ? or better yet, who should Q B ?

K C is my man, you can always bring in the cagey vetran later if it's not working. Dickenson has been under this preasure many of times and can come off the bench and spark the team if needed.

K C is going to have a blinder boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts