Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Lions 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
I can punt a soccer ball to middle of other half consistently and occasionally the 18 from the top of my 18. I am able to put a rugby ball through the uprights from half occasionally and the 10 metre line most of the time. I can't kick a football being held by someone consistenly any more than about 30 tards. After that it is hit and miss. As for punting a football if i connect real well i can get it 45 yards down the field. That, suckit, is the equivalent to a 30 yard or so punt in football. I can't spiral a football with any consistentcy at all and it is not that simple when you're kicking in a CFL game. You have to worry about what coverage is being called and where you need to put the ball and making sure you get hang time on the ball so you don't outkick your coverage among other things.

Punting a football isn't just about going out and hitting the ball as far as you can. O'Mahony has consistently all year been punting the ball away from the other teams returners and not letting their special teams beat them with the runback.

thats fair.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
throb,
you always edit my shyt. the 14 year old can handle it.

what i said was, lets hear some facts instead of get out of jail comments
you #### %$%$#.

i'm sure he's heard worse on the school grounds.
I don't recall ever editing your stuff.

If you had of posted it like that before it wouldn't have been edited. And yes, I'm sure she has heard worse on the school grounds. Not the point though.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
just to end off my piss take i'll share with you guys a little story about o'mahony just to motivate you to show up for the lions training camp.
he's probably one of the ****ier guys i've ever met, so i don't mind pissing a little more on the fitting end to his 2004 performance.
i originally met the guy on a field at a local school.
someone told me he kicks for calgary, so i couldn't wait to see what this golden boot was capable of.
his first kick was roughly 40 yards and i though, shite i can do that!!!
i averaged a few yard more than him on each kick so later i was convinced that the rumor of him and the cfl was bullshit, considering i play soccer and am not known for a thunderouse kick and secondly that i've been served by him at a local restaurant.
to my surprise, i saw him kick the game winning fieldgoal 2 weeks ago.
i couldn't believe that the kicker for a professional team, would have a part time job serving!!! no matter how insignificant his position was.
to make a long story short, if i kicked further than him 2 years ago, i know 20 people off the top of my head that can kick further than me.
so, no, im not trying out for the leos having that knowledge.
anyways, lets see if one of you guys can make it.

The way you glorify the Black Knights and yourself as a placekicker you should have been playing EPL and CFL as a duel sport athlete ala Bo Jackson. Why are we so angry at my man Duncan? You can't fault him for what he does, if the opportunity presented itself, you would be making some extra cash in the CFL as well. How much do you think a salary capped franchise would spend on a average Canadian punter/kicker in the CFL? Give your head a shake, of course he needs to supplement his income, like most other non-star CFL'ers. If you think you can do better, tryout's are in May. Duncan is a good cat. He didn't start kicking until about 96'. He was originally a soccer goalie and then joined the Abby junior football squad. Finally, there is no doubt in my mind he could drink you under the table and that's the most important thing.

cowtown - non-registered legal counsel for Duncan and Millsy

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
throb,
you always edit my shyt. the 14 year old can handle it.

what i said was, lets hear some facts instead of get out of jail comments
you #### %$%$#.

i'm sure he's heard worse on the school grounds.

ha ha ha :rolleyes:

striker14

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
The way you glorify the Black Knights and yourself as a placekicker you should have been playing EPL and CFL as a duel sport athlete ala Bo Jackson. Why are we so angry at my man Duncan? You can't fault him for what he does, if the opportunity presented itself, you would be making some extra cash in the CFL as well. How much do you think a salary capped franchise would spend on a average Canadian punter/kicker in the CFL? Give your head a shake, of course he needs to supplement his income, like most other non-star CFL'ers. If you think you can do better, tryout's are in May. Duncan is a good cat. He didn't start kicking until about 96'. He was originally a soccer goalie and then joined the Abby junior football squad. Finally, there is no doubt in my mind he could drink you under the table and that's the most important thing.

thats cool,

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:

just tell him to keep his day job.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did the Lion's not give Paul Dolan an informal tryout some years back? I forget the details but it may have been when Lui took off to the NFL for a few weeks before returning to the Lion's during the Joe Galat era. I am not sure that Paul (who I would have guessed could have been a terrific CFL/NFL kicker if he worked on it, found it an easy transition.

I know a former Barcelona GK, Jesus Angoy was signed by Denver Broncos and played for the NFL Europe for 5 or more years. He may still be there, don't know. Not too many Suckit can make the transition.

How many times have you seen a guy on the golf course shank his awesome long drive into the trees or hit five fairways over and say "you should have seen how I was hitting them on the driving range last night.? I think the same goes for FG kicking.

To be on topic... Wally had no other punter now that Bret Anderson retired mid season and he had to go with this one. What I thought Wally shouldn't have done is gone for the punt on 3rd down when the punter had not hit one good punt all night and the Argos weren't being stopped on offence.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
What I thought Wally shouldn't have done is gone for the punt on 3rd down when the punter had not hit one good punt all night and the Argos weren't being stopped on offence.

That is EXACTLY it Reccos...thank-you!!
What happened to HAIL MAHONEY from last week? This is a tough city...BRING BACK HOCKEY!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0