Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Lions 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Football isn't as easy as stats... it's all about the team chemistry... the "flow" your team has with a a certain QB. proven or not. DD shat the bed. or whoever was calling the offensive plays did. first quarter they spread the D thin using all their options... and then the next three quarters all he showed was the run and throw to the backfield off of screens and run some more. it was poor judgement and they had no flow. terrible play calls and even worse chemistry. he looked detached from the boys all game even in the first. the guys want to win for printers and always give "110%" because he's there boy. when the ol man goes in they want to win the cup yea but they are strapped for that extra motivation. the extra reason to push for those inches when they can't find the energy. in a champsionship game that's more important than history or stats. all bets are off and you have GOT to go with KC in that situation... that's his team. Buono is slippin and that game was an abosolute joke.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sad game.
i'll blame it on the kicker. especially in the CFL. and especially on the punts.
a good punter acounts for 7-14 points in each game.
it changes momentum no matter how much you may be ahead on the scoreboard.
just like soccer, if your kicker can kick 3/4 the field it always puts the other team on their heals.
a 23 yard average punt during the grey cup will eventually kill you.
all i've got to say is that me and a whole lotta other average kickers will be trying out for the leo's next year.
theres an opening and if anyone wants to make a couple of extra bucks not to mention be a town hero, don't hesitate to swing by the training camp.
hey trapper, that includes you.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
just to end off my piss take i'll share with you guys a little story about o'mahony just to motivate you to show up for the lions training camp.
he's probably one of the ****ier guys i've ever met, so i don't mind pissing a little more on the fitting end to his 2004 performance.
i originally met the guy on a field at a local school.
someone told me he kicks for calgary, so i couldn't wait to see what this golden boot was capable of.
his first kick was roughly 40 yards and i though, shite i can do that!!!
i averaged a few yard more than him on each kick so later i was convinced that the rumor of him and the cfl was bullshit, considering i play soccer and am not known for a thunderouse kick and secondly that i've been served by him at a local restaurant.
to my surprise, i saw him kick the game winning fieldgoal 2 weeks ago.
i couldn't believe that the kicker for a professional team, would have a part time job serving!!! no matter how insignificant his position was.
to make a long story short, if i kicked further than him 2 years ago, i know 20 people off the top of my head that can kick further than me.
so, no, im not trying out for the leos having that knowledge.
anyways, lets see if one of you guys can make it.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
just like soccer, if your kicker can kick 3/4 the field it always puts the other team on their heals.

Two things here, first, where on the field does the kicker set-up in soccer, and can he also be the QB if he is kicking too.

Second, I now know why your bunch lost to the Not So Might Rangers on the NAP Turf, too many kickers in the line-up against the Rangers Tight Ends.

hos

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
i couldn't believe that the kicker for a professional team, would have a part time job serving!!! no matter how insignificant his position was.

What a stupid thing to say :rolleyes: Get your head out of your a**
He is probably makin' more cash serving that playing in the CFL!!

As for your analysis on the game...did you watch the game? From your supposed piss-take, which I am still waiting for...it doesn't show.

striker14

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Two things here, first, where on the field does the kicker set-up in soccer, and can he also be the QB if he is kicking too.

Second, I now know why your bunch lost to the Not So Might Rangers on the NAP Turf, too many kickers in the line-up against the Rangers Tight Ends.

hos

you don't get the connection of a good kicker in soccer with a good kicker in football!!! r u stupid?
im not going to explain it. you figure it out yourself.

"too many kickers in the line-up against the rangers tight end" ....
hmmm...very clever. impressive i must say.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
you don't get the connection of a good kicker in soccer with a good kicker in football!!! r u stupid?
im not going to explain it. you figure it out yourself.

I, personally, would loooooooove to hear your explanation!! Quite frankly, I doubt you have one.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
What a stupid thing to say :rolleyes: Get your head out of your a**
He is probably makin' more cash serving that playing in the CFL!!

As for your analysis on the game...did you watch the game? From your supposed piss-take, which I am still waiting for...it doesn't show.

striker14

yeah, :) its pretty stupid to comment on a cfl player serving!
then lets just say for your sake that everything everyone else has ever said on TTP is stupid. get YOUR head out of YOUR arshole.
obviosly he is making more cash serving, and its good he has talents other than kicking. cause i did watch the game and a 23 yard punt average aint gonna cut it kid.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably not, but when you make ~$50-60K for 5 months work, and have the other 7 months off, why not supplement your income? Most CFL players do.

Sukit, you've officially been inducted to the Bag of Hammers Club. Take a bow.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No question that O'Mahony did a horrible punting job and with no Bret Anderson- as he quit for the Fire Dept earlier this season - this meant that they didn't likely have another punter ready to take over. If he can only kick FGs next year, and they need to bring in another punter, he'd be toast if they could get a Canadian who can do both effectively as they don't want to waste two salaries for that position and not have the extra body elsewhere especially on the kick cover/return teams where guys get hurt all the time.

For me, my frustration was more with not seeing Printers even for one down and now not knowing if he had even one big play in him. Printers may have been able to rip Toronto for some huge runs and then hit a long pass or two. Just a different look for a bit might have helped in the third quarter.

I suspect that it came down to this. Buono does not change QBs at the half. The starter starts and then goes from there. This is not different from a lot of pro soccer coaches. By the time he was gonna make the move, Dickenson took the team down for a great score and they looked to be coming back. That sealed Casey's fate.

What is bad is that the decision not to play Casey may influence the public view of Wally Buono as a coach which up until now in BC has been very positive. If you have been going to Lion's games this year, you know how big a factor Casey Printers has been in turning fans on to the Lions and the CFL again. I think he has the potential to be a good one and he was definitely screwed by the coach last Sunday.

Suckit... kicking FGs in a practice is not the same as in a game with all that gear on and the opponents coming at you. If you really believe you are better than O'Mahony get a buddy to take some video and send it in to the Lions and other CFL teams. If you are better than 40 yards consistently, maybe the NFL will give you a look.

Who cares what O'Mahony does off-field in the way of work? CFL players need to do some other things to pay bills beyond football (most do) and some don't want to start out trying for a long term career job when they are actively playing. Suck-it, do your teammates care what you do for work or do they just count the many goals you must be scoring with that gun for a leg. You must be the equivalent of Big Lu who used to be able to slot the soccer goals from the same distance you can hit the FGs.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
yeah, :) its pretty stupid to comment on a cfl player serving!
then lets just say for your sake that everything everyone else has ever said on TTP is stupid. get YOUR head out of YOUR arshole.

What a fcuken clown you are :rolleyes:
Do you read your posts before hitting the "submit" button?

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
I, personally, would loooooooove to hear your explanation!! Quite frankly, I doubt you have one.

OK, for the idiots on-line, i'll explain.
kicking a football and a soccer ball requires leg strength and accuracy.
compare a soccer goalie and a punter.
they both have to kick far and be accurate at the same time.
the only difference between the two is that the punter has less time to get his kick off.
im sure all soccer goalies can get the ball off within 1 or 2 seconds of catching it if it meant getting paid.
theres no trick, you don't need to jump hoops while doing it.
once or twice a year, you might have to throw the ball. my grnadma throws better than most cfl punters so thats not an issue.

is that clear enough! or do you need to wait and see another 9 yard punt to see natural kicking skill. i can spit further than 9 yards.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suckit said:
OK, for the idiots on-line, i'll explain.
kicking a football and a soccer ball requires leg strength and accuracy.
compare a soccer goalie and a punter.
they both have to kick far and be accurate at the same time.
the only difference between the two is that the punter has less time to get his kick off.
im sure all soccer goalies can get the ball off within 1 or 2 seconds of catching it if it meant getting paid.
theres no trick, you don't need to jump hoops while doing it.
once or twice a year, you might have to throw the ball. my grnadma throws better than most cfl punters so thats not an issue.

Just as I thought...thanks for pointing out the obvious cnut! Dude...you were dead on with the "bag of hammers club" :rolleyes:

BEAT IT!

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Suckit... kicking FGs in a practice is not the same as in a game with all that gear on and the opponents coming at you. If you really believe you are better than O'Mahony get a buddy to take some video and send it in to the Lions and other CFL teams. If you are better than 40 yards consistently, maybe the NFL will give you a look.

Who cares what O'Mahony does off-field in the way of work? CFL players need to do some other things to pay bills beyond football (most do) and some don't want to start out trying for a long term career job when they are actively playing. Suck-it, do your teammates care what you do for work or do they just count the many goals you must be scoring with that gun for a leg. You must be the equivalent of Big Lu who used to be able to slot the soccer goals from the same distance you can hit the FGs.

you make good points,
fyi,
kickers wear as little gear as they please.
all i'm trying to say is that there's a possible position available for the soccer players, if someone on here can kick, they might have the job. cause no way, no hell did i think i'd outkick a cfl kicker and once again i know 20 people off the top of my head who can outkick me whether a football or a soccer ball.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Just as I thought...thanks for pointing out the obvious cnut! Dude...you were dead on with the "bag of hammers club" :rolleyes:

BEAT IT!

lets hear some facts --edited by admin

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last sentence in your post wasn't neccesary, nor was it "pisstaking". It has been edited. Consider this your first warning.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
throb,
you always edit my shyt. the 14 year old can handle it.

what i said was, lets hear some facts instead of get out of jail comments
you #### %$%$#.

i'm sure he's heard worse on the school grounds.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can punt a soccer ball to middle of other half consistently and occasionally the 18 from the top of my 18. I am able to put a rugby ball through the uprights from half occasionally and the 10 metre line most of the time. I can't kick a football being held by someone consistenly any more than about 30 tards. After that it is hit and miss. As for punting a football if i connect real well i can get it 45 yards down the field. That, suckit, is the equivalent to a 30 yard or so punt in football. I can't spiral a football with any consistentcy at all and it is not that simple when you're kicking in a CFL game. You have to worry about what coverage is being called and where you need to put the ball and making sure you get hang time on the ball so you don't outkick your coverage among other things.

Punting a football isn't just about going out and hitting the ball as far as you can. O'Mahony has consistently all year been punting the ball away from the other teams returners and not letting their special teams beat them with the runback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts