Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Lions 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk me !!!!Iturned box seats down yesterday cause I was to busy sunday ...but still layed on the couch & watched it :rolleyes:

sillysid

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result for the Lions yesterday......but you've gotta feel for local boy Paul McCallum. Poor bastard is having his house egged by pissed off fans.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
You missed a great game to take in at the stadium, Sid. And I didn't have box seats.
Are you thinking of giving coaching ball a shot instead of football :D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid: Coaching football, no. Only one year I assisted a youth team when my kid wanted to give football a try, although I did play that game also as a kid.
Let me see if I understand why you did not go to the game with free tickets. You were too busy as you post, but you did lie on the couch and watch the game. Is that work?

Paul McCallum had an off day kicking FGs for the Riders and so did the fans who threw eggs at his but got manure only on the neighbour. Only a Rough Rider fan would phone a threat to his house and leave a call display number so the police could charge him.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The best part was that McCallum could have been the hero despite missing the kick.

Since he scored a 'rouge' on the botched field goal, the Riders could have won the game if the coffee slinger missed his, and the Saskatchewan return man ran it out of the endzone.

Only in the CFL.

I'm Ottawa bound baby,
-sensei.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The same thing occurred to me SH, especially when the winning kick was almost blocked! How "good" and well-behaved would've the crowd been afterwards on Robson if that happened?

:D

Grey Coupe
Les Lionnes au British Columbique 34
Les Argonautes au Hogtowne 29

~Regs.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Sid: Coaching football, no. Only one year I assisted a youth team when my kid wanted to give football a try, although I did play that game also as a kid.
Let me see if I understand why you did not go to the game with free tickets. You were too busy as you post, but you did lie on the couch and watch the game. Is that work?

Paul McCallum had an off day kicking FGs for the Riders and so did the fans who threw eggs at his but got manure only on the neighbour. Only a Rough Rider fan would phone a threat to his house and leave a call display number so the police could charge him.
Who did you play for DWARF ROUDIES :D :eek: :D

sid :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn those 6:00pm kick off times...of all the days...my women's team is gonna miss the end of the Grey Cup game...brutal!!

GO LIONS GO

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CASEY PRINTERS - CFL'S OUTSTANDING PLAYER

JASON CLERMONT - TOP CANADIAN

Way to go Boys!!

BRING ON T DOT

striker14

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't heard.

Two things stuck out yesterday.

O'Mahony may have won the game for the Leo's last week, but he was one of the main reasons they lost yesterday. A nine fcuking yard punt? Striker could kick a ball further than that. Brutal.

Punting on 3rd and five with under three to go and the D hasn't stopped the Argos all day? What in the world is up with that?

Not Buono's best coaching day.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Head coach Wally Buono pointed to Printers's shoulder injury in the West final and his struggles against Toronto earlier in the year for his decision to start Dickenson.

"Both quarterbacks deserve an opportunity," said Buono. "When you look at all the circumstances, the team we played, Casey's injury in the week before, we just felt that Dave would give us the best shot.

"I thought Dave played a good game," he said. "When you look at it maybe he may want one or two throws back, but I don't think the quarterback was the determining factor in why we lost."

======================

Talk about 'over coaching' and not letting the guy who was responsible for getting you there a chance!

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom line...BC shat the bed...it has nothing to do with the Quarterback...Mahoney stubbed his dick and obviously his nerves got the best of him. The D-line didn't show up and offence didn't exactly shine!

You had to know that when Buono made the Quarterback decision that if BC lost...the blame was gonna go only one way...BUONO!! I, personally, think that is crap...why hang Dickenson out to dry when he is a great Quarterback and he shouldn't have completely lost his spot because of injury. If Buono did put Printers in and BC lost...then it would have been "he should have played Dickenson because Printers was sore!" It was a shite situation BC was in...but bottom line...they should have won that game, but they chose not to come with their A Game!!

On a side note...I won $88.00 in the Football pool so all was good for striker14 in the end!

striker14

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It all came down to the shite strategy for kicking. Basically give the Argos good field position and even if the D stopped them they'd pin the Leo's deep anyways.

On an aside note am I the only one that noticed Damon Allen's knee touch the ground on second and goal after Simpson dove over and got a piece of him and before he lunged forward to score on his second TD? If he doesn't get in there I doubt the Argos would have gambled on 3rd down and instead would have kicked a field goal and would have been up by 10 instead of 14 which would have meant that after the B.C. TD they might have tied it but what do you expect when you have a 70 year old ref there. This was not really a huge play with any outcome I'm just wondering what would have happened afterwards.

Buono is the one to blame but not QB reasons. His 2 main problems were not kicking to the Argos even though BC was covering well and also not going for 3rd down with 2 mins left. Let's hope next year the Leo's can win it at home.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently KC was fine... a friend of mine has been going out with a third string receiver for the last two years, and he claims Printers was good to go. What a fricking shame... I mean the guy carries them all season and is the league MVP and they don't even play him?! screw history you have got to go with the hot hand. Talk about a slap in the face! Buono made a horrible mistake that cost us the grey cup this year... hopefully they can put something together for next year when it's in BC (it is in BC right?).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's fair ball to point at coaching decisions as being the issue, but the decision to play Dave over KC wasn't the problem. The only reason to start KC would have been to not mess with Karma. DD is the proven vet who has won big games (including vs. the Green Riders), plus he's healthy. Dickenson did just fine in racking up yardage and putting his team in the red zone. It wasn't his fault on the two time count violations either...apparently center Angus Reed was to blame on both, and Dave took the heat for him. In addition, other stupid penalties were momentum breakers.

Problem was coaching strategy. The short kicks killed them, as well as their decision to kick on 3rd and five with about 90 seconds left. Finally, their defense has been very poor against the pass the last few games, and the decision not to send the extra linebacker after Allen gave him the time to find his first option every time, as they weren't being well covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0