Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It pains me to start this thread, but I suppose this event requires it. Did anyone else see the outcome of the Mariners-Indians game?

I can just imagine the two managers having dinner the night before:
Indians Manager: "Oh ya? I bet I can spot you a 12-run lead, and I'll still beat you."
Mariners Manager: "It's a bet."

Dumb bet.

Mariners rack up a 12-0 lead in the 3rd -- Indians come back to win 15-14.

Now that is a beer league.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, that is conspiracy between Major League Baseball and Wlliam Hill to give me another heart breaking lost bet.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mariners at it again

Anyone see the game tonite?

Mariners vs Bluejays it still going on as I type this thread. You won't find me talking Baseball much but "come on" the Mariners are making a habit of extra inning games.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dumb

I watched the last two innings of that game (God help me if I'm starting to watch baseball on a regular basis), and something struck me. If baseball didn't take so long as it is already, I'd suggest that it takes far too long to intentionally walk a batter.

1. The pitcher knows it, the batter knows it, the umpire knows, the fans know it. Why not just admit the obvious and let him automatically walk to first? Why bother pitching the fcuking ball?

2. The batter and the pitcher both wind up. Why bother?

3. Have you seen how long it takes to do this process? Too long.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep watching Keeper and you'll see some snafus: pitchers leaving it out over the plate; going too far wide (catcher misses it); runners stealing bases; balks; pick-off plays...

I've been staying silent all this time while the baseball slagging's been going on and now I've decided to come out of the closet: I'm a Yankees fan!

I've loved them ever since I was 5 years old when my Mom told me that my grandfather, who died before I was born, took one day off a year from his New Haven medical practice and went to watch the Yankees play in the Big Apple.

I will admit I don't watch too many regular season games--they can be a little long and I don't have the time. But come playoff time, I can sit through a whole game no problem.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Haven't I seen you through a player or two out of a game(soccer that is) with that very same posture? :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barry Bonds

Bonds is close to hitting more homers than Big Mac.

I'm going to say he does it.

He hit 3 today. Yes, he is a prick. He doesn't get along with many players on his own team. He does like to hit homers and is talented, plus he likes the pressure.

Any other predictions?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am predicting Oakland to win it this year

5BT,

I really think Oakland is the team to beat. The Yankees are always going to be tough and the Indians have the bats, but if you want pitching and bats, the A's are the team. What about the Mariners you ask? Their pitching is not going to do them any favours in the post-season. Oakland's has a lot of left handed batters and Seattle a lot of right handed pitchers. Oakland has a nice balance. Yankees have Mussina and Clemens but I am not sold on Pettite or El Duque.

As for Bonds, I do admit that I check his at bats every time I look, but he is a dink. Either way you look at it, 60 homers is damn impressive. 1 homer per 2.75 games is good. I am currently watching a CNN piece on Bonds. He is a cnut. All the other players are criticizing his pre-game 'warm-up'. He does nothing and actually watches his TV in the clubhouse, in his recliner no less. What cracks me up is what they actually consider a warm-up. Fcuking throwing a ball back and forth with less life than what's in a hobo's vest, then they swing a bat for awhile. Great stuff.

I hope the cnut doesn't make it and finishes with 69 home runs. He truly deserves that.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of home runs

I just saw a stat on Sports Page regarding Mark McGwire's(sp?) hits to home run ratio. Pretty amazing actually.

He has 48 hits this year but has no less than 24 home runs. Now that is definitely swingin' for the fences. :)

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty impressive......

Dink or not, 70 home runs is pretty impressive. Congrats to Bonds for reaching this milestone, with a possible chance to break this weekend.......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see that for some Yanks, life is back to normal

I saw bits and pieces of his 'interview' and thought surely this guy was taking the piss.

Then I remembered that President Bush implored the American public to go back to being themselves as soon as possible.

~TBwhothinksstyreotypeshavetheirplaceintoday'sworld:D

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle

Seattle is out in the first round they were great all season but the indians will take them in four. The true champs will take it again this year the New York Yankees What a team!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice

I've been a New york Fan since day one. So, When they are in the finals winning the world series, I don't want to see you jumping on my wagon. A's got lucky in the first game with a couple of long balls, watch for the yanks to go long tonight.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts