Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ball Thieves

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BUENOS AIRES, March 20 (Reuters) - Ecuador champions Emelec interrupted a training session ahead of their Libertadores Cup clash with Boca Juniors to chase a group of youths who stole their balls, a team spokesman said Wednesday.

Wayward shooting during Tuesday's practice by Emelec, who are bottom of their group, sent some balls flying out of the training ground and into the streets of the district of La Boca, where they were snapped up by the youths.

Strikers Otilino Tenorio and Moises Cuero gave chase, the spokesman said.

``Otilino and Cuero ran several blocks after the lads but came back with the balls,'' he said.
It's funny 'cause it happened to me in Calgary once. We were playing in the provincial finals on a pitch right beside the Trans-Canada on the edge of town. One of our strikers (OK, well, me) cleared a ball off of out of their six-yard box well over the very tall fence that surrounded the complex. The ball ended up rolling to the edge of the highway and a couple of players started bitching about who would have to go get it. All of a sudden this guy in a black Trans-Am slows down and gets out of his car. He picks up the ball and looks like he was going to kick it back to us. He tosses it in the air,catches it, looks at it and in a fit of brilliance, flips us the bird. decides to get back in the car and drive off to Banff.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgs

'the very tall fence that surrounded the complex'

C'mon mate, tell us all what you were in for? :D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me too (with a chase)!

A similar thing happened to me as well. We were at McBride having a UI League kickaround (circa '81) and a buddy who was coming off an injury was booting a ball against the SW backstop when he launched one over the top down the street. I saw him jogging down 5th avenue after it as we were scrimmaging. He came sprinting back, yelling at us to get in the car as someone had scooped the ball.

We hopped in the car and went off after them. The problem was that we had had a few puffs just before and Don (the guy who lost it) didn't get a real good look at the car due to the "shadows" and stuff. As we got to 4th and Alma he thought he saw the suspect car up ahead heading North on Alma for Pt. Grey Road.

Well we finally catch up to this car at the last light before the Burrard St. bridge. We still didn't know if this was the car or not. Our keeper at the time "Trigger" (aptly named, some of you might have known Bob, he played for the Firemen, the old Richmond Olympics and various Westside teams-you didn't want to get on the wrong side of him) gets out of the car in the middle of traffic, approaches the other car (two unsuspecting guys in the front seats who seemed to be chuckling to each other), peeks into the window, smiles, turns to us and gives us the thumbs up.

Wellll, we loooooooose it! We snap! Five guys pile out of the Volvo station wagon and converge as the guy in the passenger side who, eyes wide with terror, scrambled, too late, to do up his window. It's a whirlwind of boots and fists as we grab the ball, booting the car and wildly swinging at anything breathing inside. The light finally changes and the driver takes off bleeding from what might have been a broken nose. The passenger was slumped down, his arms over his head cowering.

We get back in the car triumphant, full of bravado and laughing all the way back to McBride to finish our scrimmage where our bag of balls and all our gear (left unattended) was waiting for us.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'bum'per crop today....

Two gay men are in the locker room at the gym. One asks the other, "Hey, are
you wearing one of those 'patches' on your pecker???"
> "Yes", the second guy says, "I'm trying to quit."
> "Is it working?" asks the first.
> "Sure is," says the other. "I'm down to two butts a day."

Members online

No members online now.