Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Back To The Numbers: A statistical look at Week 6 of the CPL

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I saw, reasonably entertaining. Reasonably good footy, about what you'd expect for the types of players they have signed. There is a clear difference in play between CPL and MLS in a lot of ways. From what I saw in CPL, it's definitely ball's out fast. Guys are playing with a hunger you don't see in MLS. I still love the fact that maybe 70-80 more Canadians have a job now playing professional footy when they otherwise may not be. This is exactly what we needed. I just hope it survives this first couple of seasons of painful growth and catches some following.

I watched the second half vs Yorke on CBC this morning.
Yes, the pace of the game is decent but the touches are terrible and there is little build up play. It is as you said "balls out fast" but lacking some real quality and composure. Verhoven(spelling?) had a good game. My first time seeing Baldissimo play and I recall you saying that maybe the Caps should give him a chance...hell no. Maybe the kid had a poor game but no way is he near Whitecaps level imo. Telfer for Yorke was the best player on the pitch by a mile and you can tell why TFC calls him up. I hope the league survives the first couple of seasons too but the emptiness in the stands was glaring.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are two Baldissimo's. I think that was Mathiew? Michael is the better one the Caps own and he is not loaned to a CPL squad.

The rest...about accurate to what I saw week one. Some very poor 1st touches, huge effort levels and pace. Guys are trying hard. It's not MLS though or even close. Still, we need it, and I hope it survives, because if it does, it'll get better.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0