Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

B.C.S.S.A.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, saw that in the Province today.

Load of shite. "“Sometimes well-meaning adults make mistakes and it’s unfortunate it affects kids,” Abney said. “We work really hard to try and give opportunities to those kids and make sure that they have the opportunity to play, but sometimes the rules preclude that, which is truly unfortunate for those ladies.”

In this case, the well meaning adults that made a mistake was the BOD at B.C. School Sports. Rules like this should be considered strict guidelines, but the in case of an infraction like this, there needs to be room for an appeal to be hear, and ruling made that makes good sense. Basically, have the balls to do what is right, not make a decision out of fear of repercussion.

I don't blame this coach for anything other than maybe failing to cover his administrative ass. Yeah, it is a rule clearly written to prevent poaching, and for high density areas, definitely not rural.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed @Dude

Well Said. Feel bad for the girls having worked hard to get to that point. Doesn't send the right message.

Hopefully they have an Ice cream Parlor in Grand Forks

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had just read it in the paper and was talking here at work about the stupidity of it all.
One of the (many) nice things of living in Canada (as opposed to back in Brazil) is that there are rules in place and people who tend to follow them instead of the typical "free-for-all-I-do-whatever-the-heck-I-want" mentality that I grew up with.
However, one of the most frustrating things of the living in Canada is that there are (well-meaning but stupid) rules in place and (stupid) people who tend to (blindly) follow them (even when it makes no sense whatsoever to do so).

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good God.

I know for sure I have asked out loud, regarding the Tiger situation...was it worth it?

Yes. Yes it was.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0