Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

B.C. Christian soccer league

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and they certainly don't appreciate foul and abusive language.

However, every time you win it means you've outprayed the opposition, just like Zach Johnson did yesterday to win the Masters. He owed it all to God. I guess no one else in the field believed in God. :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah. Good quality teams in the premier division.
The rest of the league is sprinkled with decent players mixed with alright players on poor teams.

The level of play in the Premier is quite good though.

Captain is right about the foul and abusive language.

At the higher levels it is the cleanest footy I have played, and everyone gets along real well. At the lower levels there is a lot of dodgy tackling due to the lack of experience of most of the players.

Some former pros and current semi pros have played or play in the league.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See BC Christian Soccer League for their website.

Their past president was heavily involved in scouting as well as being an army officer. Not sure if he's still involved, but he was a stand-up guy.

This league had teams that used to play at Eric Hamber school in the summer (several years ago). My team practiced on the adjoining field, and we used to get a lot of amusement out of teams that would have prayer circles before a game, and then go out and try to kick the snot out of each other.:D Brawls were not uncommon.

Again, like BNJ says, at the lower levels you get some real dodgey stuff.

Watched some games again last summer that were played at Burnaby Lake on the turf. The teams were partially coed (one or two female players per side) and had a really uneven skill level. Didn't seem to be as many nutbars any more, though.

Trece

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm playing my first game tonight. Should be interesting to see what it's like compared to FVSL.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See BC Christian Soccer League for their website.

Their past president was heavily involved in scouting as well as being an army officer. Not sure if he's still involved, but he was a stand-up guy.

This league had teams that used to play at Eric Hamber school in the summer (several years ago). My team practiced on the adjoining field, and we used to get a lot of amusement out of teams that would have prayer circles before a game, and then go out and try to kick the snot out of each other.:D Brawls were not uncommon.

Again, like BNJ says, at the lower levels you get some real dodgey stuff.

Watched some games again last summer that were played at Burnaby Lake on the turf. The teams were partially coed (one or two female players per side) and had a really uneven skill level. Didn't seem to be as many nutbars any more, though.

Trece

How did you get a game in the league, Trece? I noticed there has to be criminal checks before playing? :confused: :D

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I heard was a criminal background check for anyone under teh age of 19? figure that one out. Anyway we lost our first game tonight. It was weird not hearing anyone swearing and having no beers after the game. I don't know how long I can take this and this is my first game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I heard was a criminal background check for anyone under teh age of 19? figure that one out. Anyway we lost our first game tonight. It was weird not hearing anyone swearing and having no beers after the game. I don't know how long I can take this and this is my first game.

Just drink before the game, sneak one at half-time in the toilet, and get all the cursing out of your system on the way to the game in your car. Also, you should probably have a wank before the game too because I don't think that is allowed in the league either. Christians sure can be picky when they want to be.

Unlucky with the result.....it just means your squad has to pray harder next game. :confused:

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played on a Christian based team in Montreal. From that lonely experience I soon discovered that they were the scariest bunch of hacks that I'll ever play with.

KH, if anything, the pre-game prayers will better drive you to drink and make you perform oh so much better in the bars.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Translation: "I thought I was supposed to be a big time all-star from the FVSL, only to discover I'm a bigger plumber on the God Squad".

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The website looks very good- informative. There are some decent players in the Premier division. Looks to be about FVSL Div. 1 caliber.

Note to FVSL: you guys should copy this web format.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
we played a Div3 team last night that would give most Div2 teams trouble. I was totally suprised at how good the other team was. It's pretty good soccer, they moved the ball well. They scored some really nice goals.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did you get a game in the league, Trece? I noticed there has to be criminal checks before playing?

Yes, they checked and I'm a fun-lovin' criminal. So what's your point?:D

Never said that I played in the league; only that I'd watched games for entertainment and that I knew the president. They wouldn't let me bring my atheist riff-raff into their league anyway - each team's supposed to be representing a specific church.

KH - You'll be fine - there's no prohibition against cheeseburgers in the league.:rolleyes:

Trece

ps - Alikira, if you're doing a lot of games in this league and happen to run into him, say hi to Tommy Gibb for me.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eating to much is one of the seven deadly sins Trece.:rolleyes:
In fact Dude suffers from another sin pride;) Furious george's sin is Rath the list goes on and on :p Franchise has the sin of envy. as he wishes he could be as good as me at everything I do;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excessive masterbation isn't considered a sin in my religion, thank you very much.

KH: what is the league's view on your participation in the act of Munting?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0