Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Awesome or Lame?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Came across this, and I can't decide if this is awesome, or lame?

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/formula-e-vancouver-race-2022

I have been watching Netflix Drive 2 Survive season 1, 2, and 3, and I am back to being a fan of auto racing....I just don't know about this. I suppose ultimately, the true test of electric will be if they can outperform a gas fired engine.

The cities the series would be associated with are big time, so the budget these teams must have would be significant. Doesn't have the star power of F1, but would still be awesome, I think.

@TheRob , looking at you.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have watched a few races. Cars are very fast and powerful. Approx 200-230kph. They change to a back up car when battery fades. Lots of F1 $$$ involved.

Long way to go to surpass F1 though. Decent race last weekend.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not F1, but it'd be cool to have the next big thing in Vancouver. Better than Cart, for sure. TheRob won't think so, but he's kinda old and lame.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lame.

Apparently the cars sound like they are whining and the race is only an hour because the battery life

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have watched a few races. Cars are very fast and powerful. Approx 200-230kph. They change to a back up car when battery fades. Lots of F1 $$$ involved.

Long way to go to surpass F1 though. Decent race last weekend.

Back to this, even though @TheRob is too lame of a CART Redneck to even comment on this, I suppose there would be a ton of F1 dough fronting this, yeah? Seems to me, F1 being a constructor's series (inside their boundaries of course) it makes sense that this would be a key testing ground for them, as who knows where electric technology will go at this point. The manufacturers obviously see it as the future of automobile construction, and on a race course, there has to be something on the way in F1- thinking hybrid technology- to allow use of electric power. Not being a gearhead at all, I don't understand a fcuking thing about any of this, I just like seeing cars go fast, and in my wet dreams I'm a race car driver going to bed with different set of three hot birds every night.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0