Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August Long Weekend...anyone know of a good tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is everyone heading this August Long weekend? I think last year it was Vernon?

striker14lookingtoheadoutonaroadtrip :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I second Kamloops!

The partying is no where near Penticton but the quality of "ball" is better! And it's for money so the last year I went we came in second and won back all our registration fees!

So if ya wanna go, the team I go up with is short players..... (I just hope I don't end up spending the entire Saturday in the hospital this year.....)

And the coed Vernon tourney is the weekend after this one I think but I know the Vernon one isn't on a long weekend.
-Hopefully the Beernuts can get their shite together this year to go up for that one! ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I second Kamloops!

Originally posted by Spazz

(I just hope I don't end up spending the entire Saturday in the hospital this year.....)

-Hopefully the Beernuts can get their shite together this year to go up for that one! ;)

Yeah...spending all that time in the hospital sucks, eh? Those tight white jackets can be a bithc! ;)

By the way...striker14's Beernuts party was far better than any Vernon Party anyways, right Spazz? ;) :p We'll see who can get their shite together :rolleyes:

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid Kamloops Doctor..... grumble...... said there was nothing wrong with my foot....... get home & find out I sprained my ankle in a bad way..... :rolleyes: :mad:

Yes you threw a great "tree humpin" party! ha ha ha ha

But this year I'm going to Kamloops, you wanna come? Let me know as I need to round up some players for them!

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go to Kamloops

The Kamloops tourney is great. Hey, how did you hurt your foot ?
2 years ago I tore my ACL, went to hospital the next morning when the booze wore off, looked at the line up, said fcuk it, went to Save-on-foods for crutches and straight back to the beer garden.

and tell us more about the tree humping :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
goin' Downtown....

something about "jumping off the stage and trying to crowd surf" comes to mind.....:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

small pieces.....

Stew:cool: (who denies all knowledge of anything that happens in Kamloops.....)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the Beach Blast during this weekend? If so, is Regs setting up their site again?

Need the info.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew

Originally posted by stew
something about "jumping off the stage and trying to crowd surf" comes to mind.....:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

small pieces.....

Stew:cool: (who denies all knowledge of anything that happens in Kamloops.....)

I had landed that move no problem for over 13 years.....that's the problem with overconfidence, it can bit you in the arse every now and then...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know there is a tournament in Osoyoos on the August Long weekend that is hosted by the Portugese Club. Does anyone (maybe SCP?) know how I get registration information? I have lost my contact number...

Cheers.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard through the grapevine that there's a 3v3 tourney in Surrey this year, July 30 &31st. It's only a two day event, which leaves Monday for day for rest. :) Hey, isn't the Gay Pride Parade on that Monday? :confused:

I'm sure Conductor has a lead regarding the Osoyoos tourney...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

Is that 3 on 3 tourney going to be a big event? I'm thinking of maybe bringing in one of the youth teams that I help coach and also, does it include adults? If so, it sounds like it could be the place to be. Close to home and at a nice venue. Is it at South Surrey Athletic Park? Or Newton Athletic Park?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's at a mysterious park that isn't usually open during the summer...North Surrey Community Park.

If you coach Youth, you can't play with them :p , but you can play in the Men's Competitive or Co-ed Competitive. But I know 'rec' is more your style.

No goalies, so Brunro can't show off his 'moves' ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a 'Rover' goalie? I played in one at UBC many years ago and it was enjoyable until we lost in the final....:( It didn't help that Gordie MacIntrye was throwing up during the game but that's what it's all about. :) Do they give prizes out for the winners? Track suits or anything??????

What are the rules about subbing? On the fly? It sounds like fun. Is there a women's rec/competitive too because perhaps we'll bring a few of the Club I women along, if they're interested. Sounds great so far.

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No rover goalie, so Brunro will have to stick to 'coaching' if he desires :D .

Prizes for the winners are invitations to Disney World next year for the World Championships. I guess it also depends on who decides to sponsor the tourney (potential kit received :confused: )

Subbing isn't on the fly, but that's ok, it doesn't mess up the 'flow' of the game. I'm guessing there is enough interest to split the women up into rec and comp b/c we wouldn't want to make the same mistake as the Squamish tourney, having multi-level talent playing against each other :rolleyes: .

Perhaps a few teams from Club I could enter, even coed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts