Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Argyle’s Dead Wrestlers Society

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is getting wierd! A Canadian lad. It's too bad that things would get this bad to do this!

Wrestler Benoit, wife and son found dead

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the bodies were discovered about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

The house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and a double-iron gate. On Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, along with two uniformed officers.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight and Intercontinental champion. He also held several tag-team titles during his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

The native of Canada maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

"My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend," Carl DeMarco, the president of WWE Canada, said in a statement. "Chris was always first-class — warm, friendly, caring and professional one of the best in our business."

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's kind of bizarre giving a tribute to a murderer. :confused: If this is what happened, he deserves NOTHING.......he took the life of his wife and kid.......again if that is the true story, which it appears to be at the moment........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I felf sick to my stomach when I heard this today. I worked w/ his dad, Mike. Mike is a great guy- very kind hearted. I feel terrible for the familly, and sad for the wife and young son.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read that he called saying he wouldn't make it to the pay per view, because his wife and son where throwing up blood and he wanted to stay with them. I really hope the murder suicide thing is false.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boy, I do too.

I watched the tribute show on and off last night and it's hard to believe he could do this. I was such a big fan when I was a kid. His tribute theme seemed to be all about respect and dedication to everything he's done if it's true it's hard not to blow that all out the window.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he took the life of his 7 year old son and wife... he deserves no praise tributes or otherwise..

I just saw this thread for the first time, today. I had absolutlely no idea all these guys and Elizabeth had died!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.... If he did do it, which what it looks like he did, then the tribute show shouldnt' have happend. I still can't believe that someone can do something like that.... Crazy shite......

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just readin on MSN news that he strangled his wife on Friday night then suffocatted his son on either Staurday night or Sunday morning then hung himself hours to a day later. he also placed bibles by there bodies. the prosecutor found it "bizzare" that the WWE star spread the killings over a weekend and appeared to remain in the house for up to a day with the bodies. I'm in shock over this. I can't believe someone could do this.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
On CNN's web site it says that an official who didn't want to be named told them that he strangled his wife in one room, suffocated his son in his bedroom and hung himself in the weight room . Sad and sick!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the timeline of events that occured

Below is a detailed WWE/Chris Benoit timeline from Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE Smackdown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

6:10pm
A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am
Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
When: 6/24 at 3:54am
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
When: 6/24 at 3:58am
Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
residence

4:00pm
WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayetteville Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s Office had no further information

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something is really wrong with this industry...

They died far too young...

The Sun online

CHRIS BENOIT is the latest in a long list of wrestlers to have died young either from drug problems, suicide or tragic accidents.

His best friend Eddie Guerrero passed away in November 2005 of acute heart failure, brought on by years of alcohol, drug and steroid abuse. He was just 38-years-old.

Chris tearfully inducted Guerrero into the WWE's Hall Of Fame the following April.

Close pal Owen Hart died aged 34 in May 1999 - falling to his death when an elaborate ring entrance went wrong on a WWE PPV.

Chris paid homepage by putting on a tribute match with Owen's brother Bret in then-rival wrestling group WCW.

In a Sun interview, he said: "I broke into the business with Owen. We went to Mexico, Japan and Europe together. His death was a tragedy."

Another friend British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith - the most successful UK wrestler ever in North America - died from a heart attack before his 40th birthday in May 2002.

An autopsy revealed that past steroid use may have played a part in his death, but no certain reason was found.

Since his passing Benoit became a mentor and father figure to Davey's son Harry, who is currently in training with the WWE and due to appear on their TV shows soon.

One of Chris's own mentors 'Bad News' Allen Coage died earlier this year aged 63 and his childhood hero, Britain's Dynamite Kid, has been confined to a wheelchair for the last 10 years.

Brian Pillman - who was part of WCW's Four Horsemen with Chris - was 35 when he died of heart failure in 1997. Again he was a heavy drug and steroid user.

Suicide is not uncommon in wrestling either. Forty-two-year-old Mike Awesome hanged himself earlier this year and three of the famous Von Erich family - Chris, 21, Kerry, 33, and Mike, 23 - also took their own lives between 1987 and 1993.

Other popular wrestlers to have died young include Art Barr (28), Crash Holly (32), Chris Candido (33), Terry Gordy (40), Ravishing Rick Rude (41), Miss Elizabeth (42), Big Boss Man (42), Curt Hennig (44), Bam Bam Bigelow (45), Junkyard Dog (45), Road Warrior Hawk (46) and Sensational Sherri (49).

It's tough making it to 50. Something is not right!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is a ****ing murdering bastard and deserves nothing positive to be ever said about him again. Smothering your child???????????:mad:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to Innocent until proven guilty?

Maybe the mother killed the kid...he caught her in the act...and had a fight with her....

After he whacked his wife for murdering his child, he then killed himself.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts