Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier "Another" Protest

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smiles is right

Part if a players suspention is to pay his fine. All of us as teams have been rushing around on a Friday, Saturday mornings trying to get someone's card. There is a reason this happens, now you know why.

Animal

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unwashed mass United

Can the dim people who keep bringing up 'the rules' please understand this:

Surrey United could have chosen to NOT protest the game, and the result would have stood as a Croatia win and still be within 'the rules'.

That didn't happen.

What did happen is that Surrey United chose to profit from an opportunity that they did not create for themselves. In essence, they INFORMED the league - like rats - to claim something that was not theirs. Where I come from those kind of people are lower than scum - as I believe many of you agree with me.

Would I behave in the same way if the exact situation presented itself? No fcuking way. There are some things in life that are more valuable than League Titles. Class and dignity, to name two.

Would I protest if a player did not serve his suspension and still played? Of course. Because I don't like to be cheated. Can Surrey United honestly claim they've been cheated?

This whole situation is in the toilet. The VMSL shouldn't have awarded Surrey United anything and Croatia SC should have picked up the card.

But now I know that if I'm ever on my last $5 and need to get my **** sucked - I'll pass on the whores at Main & Hastings and get it done by Surrey United for 3 points.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the difference?

Sporting got dinged a couple years ago for a simliar occurance, but we actually had the player on the list before the game, it just happened that our manager had his car broken into and lost the cards. After explaining the situation to the ref before the game, he said it was ok. A couple weeks later the league took the points away. But the other team did not benefit and gain the 3 points.

I agree with Ghostrider that Surrey should not get the points. Neither team should get the points.

Croatia did not follow the rules set out and therefore got punished. That's the way it goes. They should only be mad at their own coach and management.

Though break. :(

Surrey United - You got a good break. You got to be loving it. :eek:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK,

Well done posting that.............as I mentioned earlier you are lucky that you won the game, thus not losing points from results earned earlier in the season!

Ghosty,

I still don't believe you;) If the mighty Croatia were to be demoted from Premier and the roles were reversed I'd bet you and the rest of your club would be banging down Azzi's door getting your two bits in..........

The rest of your post was quality though:)

Bronco,

You are a twat:D

John

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Protest

Its all good that he served his suspension but why wasnt his name on the list and why no-one picked up his card still has been unanswered:confused:

I also doubt that Azzi tipped Surrey U seeing that Metro Ford is battling them for top spot.We all know where Azzi's heart lies.

I do agree that Surrey shouldn't of received the points that were taken away from the Croats though.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gimme a fcuking break

to all the croats.. ya it is a shame that you guys lose the points after playing a stellar game.. but those are the rules of the game that you must present an id card before or at half time of that game..
and i'll bet on anything that if the roles were reversed, if surrey was the team with no card the croats would be doing the same thing.. right:confused: :confused: :confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Angle.

If one team is penalized 3 points, but the points do not go to the other team-this can pose a serious problem.

Say one team is fighting relegation and needs the win to stay up. The other team is in the middle of the pack and the game doesn't really matter. BUT, this team HATES the lesser team. They play ineligable players to ensure the victory, knowing full well they will be deducted the points, but as long as the lesser team does not profit. Ultimately, it was worth it for them to cheat.

Okay? Okay!:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great analogy....

Ghosty,

Both posts were fcuking great. As for Surrey protesting. Thumbs down. As I have always stated, if you can't beat a team on the field, unless they have brought in the Ireland World Cup squad to play for them :), then don't fcuking protest. It must be protested right before the kick off, so it doesn't look like the result, which in this case it obviously did, was the MAIN reason for the protest.

Once again, thumbs down to the league and Surrey United for not accepting a solid piss taking by the sounds of it.

BTW, I didn't look at Smile's post close enough, so I am not 100% sure if S United protested before the game started. Surely, they knew of the wrong doing then? :confused:

Enough of me on this elite thread. Sorry about that. WAB, you brought up a very good scenario, one I'm sure the league has not even thought about.

Captain

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Sorry Captain, but I don't agree with you.

You're saying that if you break the rules only a little bit, then it's ok? Rules are there for a reason. And unfortunately Croatia broke the rules. It shouldn't matter what the circumstances are.

It's black and white. They broke the rules and they should have to pay the consequences. It can not be argued that they did it by accident if all the facts stated above are accurate. This clearly was a case of the Croatian coach and/or management trying to get a valuable player into the game, and he was inelligable(sp?).

I think it's a cut and dry case.

I do agree though, that if Surrey knew about the illegal player before the game, then it should have been brought to the attention of the referee, but that's hard to speculate.

I would have liked to have seen if the protest would still have been filed, or if Croatia would have lost any points and been fined if Surrey had won the game.

WAB you bring up a very good point. What do you suggest they do about this whole situation?:confused:

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Answers

Ghost Rider,

I know alot of us out there would like some answers on how this all happened. Can you help shed some light on this dim situation?

Jimmy H. "Its all good that he served his suspension but why wasnt his name on the list and why no-one picked up his card still has been unanswered"

Side Note : WAB great deep thoughts; it makes sense. Also can I call you a fan that has not come out of the closet yet? Rumors are out there. By the way I usualy dont have talks with lads pissing behind the goal in the middle of the game.

Smiles

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
update info

SU Managment did not know at game time. If so they would have asked Darko not to play because of no card (it also would have helped are managment if he was on the team list so they could check). Our managment thinks they all look like Tyson.

Another question, what would the league have done if SU had not protested? They would have known he played because Darko got a yellow card that game and the leauge would have noticed his card was still there at the office when it was reported! Do they step up, or do they let it slide?

Smiles

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't say it was okay...

You're saying that if you break the rules only a little bit, then it's ok? Rules are there for a reason. And unfortunately Croatia broke the rules. It shouldn't matter what the circumstances are

Gomesy, I didn't say it was okay to break the rules. However, I did state that Surrey should have pointed this out before hand, when the result of the match would be a moot point. The rules shouldn't be broken obviously BUT too many people in this league worry about trivialities, especially when they lose a game. How much of an impact does one player at the premier level make in one game? I am going to out on a limb here and say, not very much. There is not one player in our amateur league that could or should make that much of a difference in one match. Except maybe the Criminal. :)

So the fact that Darko played was a mistake obviously, but the bigger mistake was made by Surrey for filing the protest and not accepting the piss-taking that was handed to them. Suck it up and get ready for next week.

"Hey guys, I don't see that guys name on the team list and we just lost the game. What about his card? Let's check. If not, surely we will be awarded the three points. Three points that we truly deserved, despite being schooled for 90 minutes. "

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the words of Maestro Fresh Wes...

They would just let it slide, , let your backbone slide. To the left, to the right right.... Sorry, late 80's flash back.

They really would not have a choice, or they might look foolish, unlike they do currently.

:rolleyes:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Captain

So what if Surrey only realized that Croatia was using an illegal player after the game had started? Then what? Should they have stopped the game? Should Croatia have gotten away with it?

Like I said before, I don't think Surrey should have got the points. But to avoid what WAB suggested above, maybe they should. I don't know.

Captain, what do you think should have happened in this situation?

Should nothing have happened all together? Should everything have happened the way it did, but with Surrey not getting the 3 points?

What's your suggestion to remedy this problem?

Everyoneiscomplainingbutnooneisseggustingananswer:confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I am not complaining....

But to answer your question(s): YES, a team can lodge a protest at any point in the match, if they see it fit to do so. Having said that, being down 2-0 and thinking of something equivalent to a hockey coach asking for a stick measurement, would be nothing short of pathetic. This is one option but the better option would have been to fcuking accept the fact that they lost to a better team on the day and get ready for next week. Hopefully, this answers your question, especially since no one is offering any solutions and just complaining. :rolleyes:

My guess for next protest: "Johnny's studs are too long. Can we have a measurement ref?"

Patheticalltheseprotestswhenyoureallysitdownandthinkaboutthepremisebehindthem

BTW, are you playing on Saturday(if the game goes)? If so, I will see you there and we will have a proper discussion with a beer in our hand, unless of course our game is on against CKHSPA at the lovely confines of Strathcona Park. Highly unlikely.

Captain

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy, Burnsie,

You know the anwser to this one. Croatia should appeal the decision to the BCSA, with a neatly written protest asking for a one-game playoff between themselves and AC...errrr...Surrey United to decide who gets the three points. Just like they do for relegation between the two second-from bottom teams at the end of the division one season. It just makes sense. They should try to play the game about 2-3 months after the regular season has ended, preferably at Clinton Park, the official "protested game" park of the VMSL.

As for other premier matters - I too will be at McNair on Saturday, but strictly as a spectator. Perhaps we can continue this conversation, the one I just made myself a part of, then.

I think my jacket has six beer pockets. Schweeet.

Thinking aloud,
-Sensei.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Ya I'll be playing saturday at McNair. Mind you, I think it will be cancelled, and I look forward to discussing this topic further with you and any other TTPer that shows up.

Anyone else have a solution for this protest or what a team should do when faced with this problem?

For the record, I think that the protest is fine, but Surrey should not have got the points. Croatia broke the rules, and therefore have to face the music.

MaybeSerbiaputintheprotesttokeepCroatiaalittlercloserinthestandings
:confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0