Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier "Another" Protest

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Surrey U protests the Croats monumental victory and wins the 3 points. Why doesn't the league say on the excellent site why?

Well, in any event, it was due to the Croats playing a player who didn't have his ID card at the game or something like that.

Interesting... I don't know which club to TTP :confused:

~TB.

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has this league turned into? Everytime a team seems to lose a game they should have won a protest is put forth. I'm not pissing on Surrey, but was this player so monumental in Croatia's victory that if he didn't play Surrey would have won. Come on fellas if you can't win the games you should have won don't nit pick for little excuses to try and get the points. Eventually every team in the league is going to have to hire a law firm to check out each and every game to see if a protest can be put forth if they lose. Also if this is the case then every team that plays Sportstown would have to protest for looking at their "barney like" purple track suits during warm-up and then the "pink" salmon uni's during the match.
:D

Showtimewhoisgladthathehasretiredanddoesn'thavetodealwithHOSanymore!:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taking a page out of Whataboutbob's book, this thread should be called "Protest of the Week".

Then it can keep rolling.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Protesting Was Free

Could you imagine all the protests going on if protests were free, and not $50!

That $50 has stopped Sapperton from protesting dinky shite all the time. Last year, 1 protest, could have been 9 if we were a rich club. (7-9-3 last year).

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crap

Darko got a red card three weeks ago in the CAT game with Burnaby. He had to sit out two premier games (Burnaby & SWE) for a one game suspension, and he did. For some reason his card wasn't picked up from the VMSL office for the Surrey game and he played.

Rules are rules and I don't blame Surrey for protesting after getting taught a lesson on the field that day.:cool:

In my oppinion, at the Premier level especially, this shouldn't happen. Darko sat out the games he was supposed to sit out and really should've been eligable to play. The worst that should happen is that Croatia get a fine for not producing his card at game time.

But then...my oppinion counts for nothing and we just have to accept it.

The VMSL is bush league.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was the detective???

just wondering,
who on Surrey, noticed Darko was playing without his card?

Did the league tip off someone on Surrey to have them protest....or do they automatically overturn the result?

Zaurrini

Croatia full marks on your win...Surrey, congrats on the three points.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to be Azzi

Of course someone at the league tipped off Surrey. I'm guessing it was that piece of shite Azzi. I wonder if it had been MF that had forgotten their players card, would they have been deducted 3 pts? :confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey wins Protest

Un-fcukin believable.

Dec 3 01

Surrey U wins protest - gets the 3 points AND Croatia is fined $50.

:confused:

"Protest of the Week" is coming.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
missing the point fellas......

Lads,

In all honesty the league is encouraging these protests to raise funds for the next executives trip downunder! :(

A side note..........was the Croatian's players name on the team list?

John

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team List

John,

His name was not on the team list.

No Card.

Not on the team list.

Did not pay fine.

Ref never checked his card because he was not on the list and he started the game.

Just some info to think about,

Smiles

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't really matter

Smilie we pissed all over you guys 2 weeks ago, we'll do it again. Protest or no protest. Think about that.:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smiles,

Croatia are lucky they didn't lose any other points..............

Can't complain about that one Croatia...........just plain stupid on your guys part!

No one likes to see a decision like that but it is pretty clear for everyone to see..........Croatia should be mad at the club and management and not the league on this one!

John

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just some info to think about

Let me offer this analogy:

An artist builds a sculpture.
The artist displays this sculpture in public for all to see, but does not put his name to the sculpture and exhibits it in anonymity. The public embraces the sculpture in admiration and declares it a masterpiece!
Surrey United notices there is no name on the sculpture and declares 'We created this! This is ours! Love us!'.
Then they take the sculpture and return to Sodom and Gomorrah.

The point of the story (for those of us who fail to see it) is that the protest is not in the spirt of sport (read UNSPORTSMANLIKE) and OPPORTUNIST.

The market rate for dignity is now 3 points - thanks to Surrey United.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

I didn't know about the team list part, if it's true, than yes you are right.

I will find something to be mad at the league about...

The PCSL was so much better...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that was weak......

Ghosty,

Do you mean to tell me that if you guys were fighting for the league title you wouldn't have done the same thing? Or what about relegation and the loss meant that you would be sent down? C'mon, get off your high horse and be honest please!

As already stated.........if the info from Smiles is right, and you had a guy start and didn't put his name on the team list and produce a card for him, it is obvious that you are trying to cheat! You got caught and eveyone knows the consequences.

I am interested though in why Surrey got the points? I thought in years past with similar situations that neither team was awarded the points?

John

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John is a fcuking idiot

How was it cheating? They guy plays for us, served his suspension and was able to play. If you want to take the pts away from us, fine, but why the fcuk does Surrey get the pts. It really doesn't matter, b/c all these things tend to even themselves out. See ya at cup time, enough said

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quality of play

Bronco,

No one is taking anything away from the quality product you put on the field that day. This has nothing to do with that. I do understand your frustration though. Just a quick question for the TTPers; with the facts I have stated is there any managment that would not protest the game? And if there is a magament that would not protest the game let me know what you think of the value of player cards, team lists, and fines; because by not protesting you are saying these things are useless.

Side note: SU just protested, the VMSL has rules on how to deal with this situation, there rules were applied.

Smiles

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again

Bronco,

No Card

Not on the team list (how does this happen?) the one guy who you dont have a card for is off the team list as well? When the ref was checking cards was he in the bathroom, plus he started. Please deal with this question.

Fine was not paid. (To be able to play you must serve your game time and PAY YOUR FINE) He was not allowed to play that day.

Would your team not have protested if the situation was switched?

Again this has nothing to do with play. This has to do with rules and making sure every team is playing by them.

Smiles

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 pts

I have no problem with the protest. We were wrong to play Darko and most of us know that. We really have no arrgument about that. We do deserve to lose the 3pts according to the rules that I found,

"7.20. Any team playing an ineligible player shall be subjected to the following: (a) First offense: $ 50.00 fine and the loss of three (3) points, (b) Second offense: $100.00 fine and the loss of six (6) points. (c) Third offense: the team shall be expelled from the VMSL, and its bond forfeited. "

I just skimmed through the VMSL constitution that is posted on this site and couldn't find where it says the protesting team should be awarded the 3pts?

Does anybody know how it gets determined that the protesting team gets awarded the points?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts