Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2008 - Banter, Etc...

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes...and then I received an email requesting that he be able to play in the final as well since "he already missed a game" and "two games for a red card is harsh punishment---it's only one game for a red in men's league."

I love reading emails like this. Responding to them is almost as fun.

Someone else from this team then received a red in the final...about ten minutes into the game. It looks like they learned a valuable lesson.

Except for that "woman" on Aftershock who got in Herb's face and dared Herb to give her a red card.

I am not sure who you are talking about, but if I go by our experience last year in the "B" division my guess would be the wanderers!! Am I close?

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sadly I am just not surprised that they took another red in the finals. Lesson learned......likely not. :rolleyes:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't we have teams vote on who are their favourite teams to play against and who are their least favourite teams. I'll go first.

Favourite teams:

#1 Butter- they are awesome and I feel honoured just to be on they same field as them.
#2 Gin and Tonic- with all the losses you would think there would be a lot of bitter players but I didn't see any.
#3 Union Jackers- a few people on the team I don't like:Yoda, Guru, Snowman, Bored, Sliver, Chris Peat, rest of the Eddies. but over all not a bad team to play and mrs. Yoda's hot, according to RF.

Least favourite is a lot harder to narrow down.
Aftershock- they just don't get coed.
Barely There - a few guys who really like to play at 100% and make the game less than enjoyable.
Wanderers- too many reasons to mention.
Cosmos they aren't chippy and we didn't have any issues with them but I have never seen a team bicker as much amongst themselves.

Honorary mention from years past:
Poco Rockets- Superstricker is too good for me and I can't polish his boots:D
Beernuts- play against them I am sure you can agree.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD be careful about what you say about the Wanderers.... we don't want to see you get run over or anything!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the local teams who won in Vernon on the weekend! Young Guns took the competitive side, winning in the final over Kelowna 1-0. The Young Guns would also like to thank the three Dragon players who came up and played with them. I overheard the Dragon players say after winning the final with YG " if you can't beat them join them" LOL As for the rec side I heard that Poco Rockets won the final 3-1 over Havana another local team from here. I noticed that Poco Rockets were up to there usual tactics of running the score up, as I saw they won a game 9-1. It's to bad they dropped out of competitive, so that they could hammer teams on the rec side. I also heard that one of the Rockets players literally hammered a guy, by punching someone in the face and having the ambulance show up to the field. The guy ended up needing 7 stitches to close the gash on his head! Maybe Superstriker can give more on this incident as I never witnessed it!

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the local teams who won in Vernon on the weekend! Young Guns took the competitive side, winning in the final over Kelowna 1-0. The Young Guns would also like to thank the three Dragon players who came up and played with them. I overheard the Dragon players say after winning the final with YG " if you can't beat them join them" LOL As for the rec side I heard that Poco Rockets won the final 3-1 over Havana another local team from here. I noticed that Poco Rockets were up to there usual tactics of running the score up, as I saw they won a game 9-1. It's to bad they dropped out of competitive, so that they could hammer teams on the rec side. I also heard that one of the Rockets players literally hammered a guy, by punching someone in the face and having the ambulance show up to the field. The guy ended up needing 7 stitches to close the gash on his head! Maybe Superstriker can give more on this incident as I never witnessed it!

Yes I can give you lots more info, as your drivel is the furthest thing from fact possible. I watched your final and you have alot of pompus jerks playing for you, I was listening to some of their local teams comment on it and its embarassing to our league to act like it at their tournament.

As for your post, you have no fkg clue what you are talking about, so instead of accusing people or teams of things maybe you should just try asking!!

We lost in the Rec final 3-1 actually, and I dont see how you feel we are a competitive team as we only won once in the league this year if you dont include the thumping we gave your pompus asses when you were short players (like you would have to any team) and the forfeit by the beernuts. We had 2 men and 2 women players up there with us who dont know how to play soccer, how many of those did you have??? We did beat a team 9-1 and it could have easily been 30, we did not try to run up the score, we tried not to. They were a team that looked like none of them had ever played before. We had 8 different scorers, 4 of which were girls. We also drank more booze than any other team I guarantee that, closed the bar each night while you were probably all in bed at 9 getting ready for your big final, wondering if there were any more superstars you could have brought from other teams to help you!

As for the punch to the face... wrong team asshole. The was a slappers player that did that, and I'm pretty sure the guy who did it was a Wanderer that came up to play for them, if that were to surprise anybody. I really think we need to look at tossing that team or at least some of their players out of our league next year after the last 2 years of discipline problems we've had from them, it was never a problem in the past from teams and seems to be a recurring thing from them.

So anyways you were "hearing" alot of things up there, and not much of which was very accurate. You should probably book a hearing test or maybe it's just your head got so big it covered your ears ...:p

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker, sorry about getting the final score wrong as I thought Havana was the team with pink shirts! I spoke with two players wearing those shirts after the game and they said they lost 3-1. As for the fighting incident, the player who ended up getting punched had said it was someone from Poco Rockets in their saturday game. Good thing it wasn't someone from your team, as I heard the guy wants tp press assault charges against the guy. Now that's a kick in the ass having to drive all the way back to Vernon just to go to court!

I watched your final and you have alot of pompus jerks playing for you

Since you watched it, give me an example? As for the local teams commenting on us, I find that surprising as we shut down the beer garden. The team who hosted it "NOU" said it was a pleasure to see a team like us up there, as we partied with them until 9pm at the field.
We also drank more booze than any other team I guarantee that
I'm not too sure how you can guarantee that, as we partied hard until closing time both night at Mojo's.

Anyways Superstriker, the only game I'm marking down for next year's AMSL is the one against Poco Rockets in competitive next year!

if you include the thumping we gave your pompus asses when you were short players
:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts