Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[AMSL 2006] Banter and other things.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Restricted,

I can handle the soccer comment... but to dis da pot... ouch, that hurts. ;) I don't think you've tried my cooking yet... so next time we have a BBQ, you can bite my weenier!

Settle Down

Jun 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Restricted said:
PS.. Notty for an irishman ur a terrible soccer player and a wannabe chef.... :rolleyes: PS: i am a jealous guy!:)

You have obviously never been privy to the Camp Chef smorgasborg! The Dragons are the best fed team in coed thanks to Notty. He's rather helpful on the pitch too - have you seen those shinny shots?

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira ur a fcuking fanny! And to the chef notty, ur a damn great chef, the boyz down on davie have raved about ur weiner!:)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BEERNUTS 1 ROCKETS 2

Congrats to the Rockets on winning the "B" Cup!!
We wanted the 3-peat, but, it just wasn't our day :eek:

COSMOS 0 GUNNERS 5

Congrats to the Gunners for shelacking (sp?) the Cosmos.

YG INC 4 DRAGONS 3 (I think?)

What a game this one was to watch...the Dragons almost stole the thunder, but Nutmeg's and crew just would not be beat!!
It was an exciting one to watch...

It's been a slice............another season in the books!!

striker14

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns 4 - 3 Dragons

It was in OT.

Good fun game to play in. Honestly, I don't know what everyone has been bitching about the last few weeks. There wasn't a stitch of foul play whatsoever. Clean, fun soccer.

Congratulations on another victory YG's.

Hopefully we can dethrone these guys next year. Their five(only five?)year run is long enough. Someone has to beat them.

Restricted

Jul 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the young guns! I heard it was a really good game for both teams. Good luck to everyone and have a great summer!!! :) To all the teams except for CHEATSIDE.. keep the boat rock'n... lol;)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Young Guns 4 - 3 Dragons

It was in OT.

Good fun game to play in. Honestly, I don't know what everyone has been bitching about the last few weeks. There wasn't a stitch of foul play whatsoever. Clean, fun soccer.

Congratulations on another victory YG's.

Hopefully we can dethrone these guys next year. Their five(only five?)year run is long enough. Someone has to beat them.

Agreed, Robbie. Super game with Herb there to add more than his share of drama. I hate admitting it, but I snapped at Herb after the Dragons tied it up 4:57 into extra time, but I apologized to him after the game and Herb slapped my ass, so I know we're on good terms again. See ladies...Herb is not a pervert. He slaps everyone's ass.

There were times I thought we'd ice the match with some "can't miss" chances, but TR impressed/stunned all with numerous great saves. Other times, it seemed that the Dragons had three extra players. They threw everything at us, and I even got a nice Kohler out of it!

All the Dragons ladies were outstanding. As for the guys, I thought Robbie and Notty stood out the most, but Regs, Besty, Wilkie, Dap, Dale, JB, and Schultzy (on one leg) all played admirably.

As for YG, I thought Nutmegs was our best player and she was definitely our "playoff" MVP. Kudos to KVale for playing the last two matches on one leg. A true warrior, and I'm not just saying that because she has a great rack.

It was interesting to see our old pals the Beernuts cheering for the Dragons to tie it up. Striker, I know Dale is good looking, but who knew that's all it took for one to change allegiances!

In other news, I was talking to Jimmy Holliday prior to the match and he's signed a letter of intent to be our new iron chef. After three years of e-mail requests, it appears he's decided to pull a Johhny Damon and head to the Yankees, but only if it is a package deal. We agreed, though the Gunners won't be happy about it.

We never got t-shirts made ahead of time (nor did we plan to) though our next year's jersey has already been designed. It reads:

10 Reasons Why You Hate YG Inc.:

10. *1991
9. **1992
8. ***1993
7. ****1999
6. *****2002
5. ******2003
4. *******2004
3. ********2005
2. *********2006
1. **********2007

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
It was interesting to see our old pals the Beernuts cheering for the Dragons to tie it up. Striker, I know Dale is good looking, but who knew that's all it took for one to change allegiances!

ha ha ha ha...Dale is a buddy of ours, and his bird plays on my women's team, so, I had to do it Dial. No hard feelings ;)

I agree that Nutmegs was your star in the final...as usual...GO MEGS GO!!

Have a great rest of the summer folks...for some, we'll see you in Loops

striker14

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
We never got t-shirts made ahead of time (nor did we plan to) though our next year's jersey has already been designed. It reads:

10 Reasons Why You Hate YG Inc.:

10. *1991
9. **1992
8. ***1993
7. ****1999
6. *****2002
5. ******2003
4. *******2004
3. ********2005
2. *********2006
1. **********2007

The 11th would be these shirts if made

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
All the Dragons ladies were outstanding. As for the guys, I thought Robbie and Notty stood out the most, but Regs, Besty, Wilkie, Dap, Dale, JB, and Schultzy (on one leg) all played admirably.

As for YG, I thought Nutmegs was our best player and she was definitely our "playoff" MVP. Kudos to KVale for playing the last two matches on one leg. A true warrior, and I'm not just saying that because she has a great rack.

I will agree that the Dragons ladies were outstanding and kudos also have to be given to Mags and Kage who had both played a full PCSL final just hours before the co-ed match. K-vale was definitely the comic relief in the last two games and Ren-dog deserves some credit for also playing hurt.

Thanks for the props, Dial and Striker. I don't think I played that well until it got down to crunch time and I apologize to Colin for the slight trash talk after the OT goal but I think emotion got the best of me. I'm sure Besty can relate after his snap show on Herb. ;)

I think the best part of the day was the after party at the field which continued on to the Roxy and then a group meal at Denny's until 5:30am. Great times with the Dragoons!!:)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Nice thought...bring it to the meeting in April 2007.
Volunteers are always welcome!

striker14
Lifes hectic enough... I've been on a board before, and I appreciate all the work and time people put in... You'll never hear a complaint about the way things are run from me. My comment wasn't a knock, just a suggestion that may ease some testosterone... especially since we'll be in the B group next season, and I hear there's fights everygame :eek:
Conductor said:
Guru, you should put your team in the Abbotsford co-ed league, I hear it 's similar to what your looking for. The only thing is you won't get Herb as a ref.
As for Vernon it is OFF. I spoke to Gavin before I left town and he was disappointed but hoping teams next year won't procastinate. As for the cheque deadline GURU it was July 21st extended from July 14th and still teams were to slow to act.
Good luck to all teams playing in the finals. Hoping I will find a cheap flight out of Regina to get back and enjoy the games.Guru maybe we can enjoy a pint together and cut down the YG's together!:D

I played abbotford co-ed for years, it sux!!! they still had playoffs though, and the players were terrible. Herb would have been the best ref in that league. Because half the players never played before, it was filthy.... they figured soccer should be played like hockey.

I checked the Vernon email, and you're right, the deadline was the 21st, and UJ was in there in time, however, I misread the cheque thing. I read it as cheques due the 28th, but it was written that it was ok to "date" the cheque to the 28th... Either way, our name was there, and had it all depended on our team, he could have called and asked to send a cheque.... there just wasn't enough teams to warrant his effort.
It'll have to be some other time for the pint, and you have to buy the first one ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I think the best part of the day was the after party at the field which continued on to the Roxy and then a group meal at Denny's until 5:30am. Great times with the Dragoons!!:)

WOW :eek:
I am impressed!!

Our gang called it a bit early, and I think it had something to do with 1/2 of us being poor losers, but you didn't hear that from me ;) I had fun at the park...V-ball, chowing, drinking, chatting...it's what Co-ed is all about...the start of the season and the end of the season...and some of the bullsh*t inbetween helps!!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I have to admit that was probably one of the more exciting A finals in a long time. The first half of the game was boring to watch. The Dragons as per there stragety play 4 guys back and try to put you to sleep.The 2nd half and the overtime was worth the price of free admission to watch. As Dial stated there was no pre-made shirts this year. Earlier in the week I figured that we had enough money in the account this year for shirts and hats but Dragons forced me to change my mind. You see some teams just don't have class and are much easier to wind up, thus the shirts against this special team. As for the Dragons they are a classy team and with there upset against Cheatside, I decided to blow the money on dog treats for Tiger. Also Jimmy Holiday has requested new bbq cutlery and a new Apron, that supposedly can only be purchased from Italy!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would just like to say thanks to Gerry, Melanie and Herb for all the work and organizing this year you guys did for the AMSL. It's a job that is very under appreciated and you probably deal with some interesting people for the low cost of FREE!:D
Anyways Kudos to you guys for doing it.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:

I didn't fall asleep until about 5:30 a.m. that night either. I kept waking up after hitting my head on the league cup. The regular season trophy meanwhile is shaped like a totem pole and it kept digging into my ribs whenever I rolled over trying to find the cool side of the pillow.:rolleyes:

On a serious note, I went and got the A Cup engraved dating back to 1991 since Buddha lost the old cup. The only year we couldn't figure out was 1996, so I gave Cliff Avenue a 3peat from 1996-1998.

The league also purchased a regular season Div 2 Cup since the last one went missing. The only winners I recall were Union Jackers 2004, Rockets 2005, and Beernuts 2006, so if anyone can remember any other winners, I'll add it to the order.

There already is a Cup for the B final, but as I was sitting on the sidelines watching the game, an errant ball smashed the woman in half.

The Gunners will also receive two new cups (for being the first ever "C" group league and playoffs winners).

The trophy shop closed up early after my order.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league also purchased a regular season Div 2 Cup since the last one went missing. The only winners I recall were Union Jackers 2004, Rockets 2005, and Beernuts 2006, so if anyone can remember any other winners, I'll add it to the order.

I know we (Rockets) won it a couple times the past bunch of years although I don't know exactly which years...

Good job to the Beernuts on their season...was a pretty good final too..and was nice for us to win it again as it had been a few years.

Still wish some of our girls would drink beer with stickers on tho...:wa:

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Well I have to admit that was probably one of the more exciting A finals in a long time. The first half of the game was boring to watch. The Dragons as per there stragety play 4 guys back and try to put you to sleep.

Nice ttp con-man, but outside backs Katie and Tiffany wouldn't appreciate it. However, any other males on the field struggled to move 10 feet which could have led to your mistaking them for defenders.

Thanks Gerry, Mel and Herb - awesome year as always.

POG - had to be Frankie, pretty scary on the ball and played with class throughout. Megs was close but let the emotions get to her, taunting in a coed final was pretty funny for someone who plays at a high level. Erm, a short level but a high level? She's not very tall. :D

rw

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts