Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albion FC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m confused. Are they segregating them to their own teams and divisions?

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over/under on how long this club will stay financially afloat?

As a parent, I'm interested to know how it aligns with the LTPD of BC Soccer and map to varsity scholarship consideration?

I can tell you that I'm in full support of my children to identify as anything if it means a shot at the LGBTQ full ride scholarships. Heck college is where self identity is formed anyway.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know this is a concept being discussed about whether sport is more inclusive for those who identify in the LGTBQ community by having more exclusive programming.

Maybe if people who identify as part of this group have a space they feel safe to play in and develop their skills, if they stand out for their abilities it will make it easier for them to integrate onto a higher level/competitive team where talent is supposed to be the only thing that matters.

Of course, it could serve to go the other way and ostracize these athletes further.

I think it is an interesting idea and, hopefully, it works out so that everyone can enjoy the sport.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know this is a concept being discussed about whether sport is more inclusive for those who identify in the LGTBQ community by having more exclusive programming.

Maybe if people who identify as part of this group have a space they feel safe to play in and develop their skills, if they stand out for their abilities it will make it easier for them to integrate onto a higher level/competitive team where talent is supposed to be the only thing that matters.

Of course, it could serve to go the other way and ostracize these athletes further.

I think it is an interesting idea and, hopefully, it works out so that everyone can enjoy the sport.
that's exactly it; are you giving them a safe space or "outing" them? the legal profession and the mandatory use of "preferred pronouns" from our Chief Justices was predicated on the idea that the former was the correct approach. Of course, someone then dug up an older video from one of the preferred pronoun zealots where they were in fact urging the latter approach - and quite militantly. In both cases, of course, zero room for debate. But I digress.

the bigger issue is the idea that pre-pubescent kids would genuinely identify in any sexual way. Sorry, never saw it in all the years I coached at those ages. Not once. This isn't the gay and lesbian lobby at work; it's the rest of the alphabet people trying to make the rest of society's reality fit their distorted version...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They’ve hired a director of Diversity, Inclusion, and Multiculturalism so I’m guessing that’s where this was created?

This club can’t survive much longer than any of the other 5 mergers and splits and name changes they’ve gone through. Glad we left for Poco before the first one!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are these seriously the ages for these teams?
I was being facetious, but it does appear to include their youth levels... I think the buddy that sent me that has about seven and ten year olds...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts