Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Acceptable Age differences in Relationships

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at my friends place for dinner on the weekend and the discussion got around to how big an age gap is acceptable in a relationship. They seemed to think the general rule of thumb is half your age plus 7 but i would have none of it. I was of the mind that it didn't matter what the differences in ages are as long as they're happy etc.

Using their formula a 30 year old shouldn't go out weith anyone younger than 22. They tried to make this sound better by saying the older person was leaving high school when the younger was entering elementary. I just think it doesn't matter.

Interested to hear other peoples opinions. I'm sure their are some cradlerobbers out there. :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
half your age plus seven? Well I'm turning Mrs 5BT in for the 27 year old model, I should be with....I'm in a hurry to because soon I'll have to settle for a thirty something gal!!! :D

BlazeArmy,

I'm sure as long as two people are happy together and able to deal with all the issues of dating someone much younger (ie: he's 60 and she 30 or vise versa) then more power to 'em..

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BA, just because the average age of the women whom the Blaze generally date is around 16.7 you don't have to drag the rest of TTP down with you.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze, must go by the adage if there is grass on field then let her play with your balls. Or is that play ball? Whatever.

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
providing everyone is over 18 (or whatever the statutory age is). Women can date 5 years younger, 10 years older. Men can date 10 years younger, 5 years older. My thoughts at least.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know a couple where the girl is about 29 and the guy is about 52 or something along those lines...

Anyway, they get along great, have an awesome relationship and even though her friends can't really relate to him it's their happiness that matter most.

I, on the other hand, tend to date guys around the same age that just LOOK old! :eek: :D :p

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's use Mary Kate Olsen as an example.....erm....uh.......maybe not. Surely the TTP vultures would have me in it for the money and drugs. Bastages, the lot of ya'.

Buckfast

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
General rule of thumb is: if the guy is between 16 & 55, and if she's 18-22, and hot, it's well advised.

My thoughts at least.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
BA, just because the average age of the women whom the Blaze generally date is around 16.7 you don't have to drag the rest of TTP down with you.
Cheers OD. That is a bit of a misconception but not why i brought this subject up. The average age of the Blaze girlfriends is 20.7 years old. And noone has a problem with it on the team.

This came up on the weekend when my friend was telling me about her sister. She is 17 years old and dating a 32 year old. I said " as long as she's happy". I then got back that her parents don't know and if her dad found out he would kill her as it brings shame (that were the exact word used) to him and the family. On a side note they are asian so that has something to do with it as the guy is not.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
She is 17 years old and dating a 32 year old. I said " as long as she's happy".
Stuff like just doesn't seem right! Happy? How the fcuk does she know what makes her happy when she's probably only ever dated 2 or 3 dorky 15 - 17 year olds who have a 24/7 boner, like Dapotayto. She's way to young in my books to date someone that age. And what the hell does the 32 year old get out it other than the obvious? "So dear what did you do in PE today? How did that Math test work out?" The maturity level from teens to adults (ie) Late 20 and up is massive, well, not in all cases, but 95% of the time it is.

There is a reason a Dad would kill her and if it was me, kill him too.

Don't get me wrong I haven't written an unbelievably ridicules calculated formula like Lita has but I "would" have my limits.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about "sorry honey, I'm going out with the lads tonight for a couple of pints at the Roxy. I'll call you tomorrow night"?

That's one thing the guy would get out of it :D

~Regs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Happy? How the fcuk does she know what makes her happy when she's probably only ever dated 2 or 3 dorky 15 - 17 year olds.

Women are more emotionally mature than men.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, check this out. From "Viewing who's online":

11:09 AM knvb Moderating thread

11:05 AM BlazeArmy Masturbating to Mary-Kate Olsen

What the fcuk?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spud, Piss off :D You know it was actually Ashley.

She is entering first year of University in September. I see your point KNVB but if she's happy right now whom am i to say that is wrong. The guy is, and i can't believe this either, a co-worker of the father, they both work at the sme place and know each other. It is a large company though so they know each other only in passing. They met at the Dolphin Park basketball tournament back in july and have been going out since.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It shames me to say this but I agree with KNVB...

At her age she's too young to be with someone that old. He's already experienced life and she's only just starting. And (again, shames me to agree with Dap...) even though women do mature faster then men she's still not THAT mature.
They probably have some stuff in common but it can't be a helluva lot... like she works at MacDonalds and he eats there? C'mon.... :rolleyes:

And then there's the whole sex thing.... she should be with the 2-minute guys :D around her age instead of someone that's already sexually experienced (or so you'd hope at 32 but then again he's with a 17 year old :eek: ) and that's where her father has a right to kick his ass!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts