Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Acceptable Age differences in Relationships

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree with Blaze in some sense , I agree that age is only a number, and happiness can overcome age.
This subject wouldn't have come up at all if they were 32 and 49 , SO have to side with KNVB when it comes to a teenager and a grown man , there is just something not right about it and I hope her dad does find out ... that guy should be a little ashamed.

I personally like my men younger ... not that I go looking for it, but it just works out that way.
I am currently robbing the craddle by four years and am enjoying EVERY minute of it !!! Even better he's a leap year baby so actually only 7 yrs old ...BEAT THAT :wa:

GG

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that she is 17 and it is a bit young to be having any sort of serious relationship but she obviously sees something in this dude. I will hopefully meet him this weekend and can further my opinion of him.

I also understand GG's thoughts of if she was older it wouldn't matter but where do we draw that line? Is 24 old enough? Where do we have that right?

Yes STD they do have a younger sister but she is only 13 and i would kill anyone who looks at her. She is sort of like a little sister to me as I have been a friend of the family for 20 years. ( I went to elementary school with the oldest daughter)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this chat just reminds me of a certain M*A*S*H episode when B.J. just arrives to the 4077. He's telling Hawkeye about his last 72 hours, starting with a dinner out with his wife.

B.J.: "When the babysitter arrived, Peggy and I went out for dinner."

Hawkeye: "Wait a minute. -- Babysitter? How old?"

B.J.: "Sixteen."

Hawkeye: [bites lip] "Oooooh . . "
My point is, just because it's funny, it doesn't make it right. She can't even fcuking vote, drink, or make legal decisions for herself. Hell, can she even drive yet? Maybe she just needs him for a ride. :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's twice this thread has made me laugh out loud today. Nice job starting it Blaze! Got anymore dysfunctional family friends or maybe a sister that dresses like a man who dresses like a woman who use to be a prison guard?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest problem with the whole 17 and 32 year old relationship is that the girls lives at home but is hiding the relationship from her parents. Now we all hid things from parents, but this is a big one. Now if she is mature enough to live on her own and support her self, then go for it, but if you are under my roof then you will live by my rules (just practicing for the future). I think for teenagers an acceptable jap in dating age is plus or minus 2 years, but anthing more than that for teenagers 18 and under is too much. Who wants to know that their daughter is getting shagged for more than 2 minutes, now I have crossed the line, but that is the big issue here isn't it.

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
That's twice this thread has made me laugh out loud today. Nice job starting it Blaze! Got anymore dysfunctional family friends or maybe a sister that dresses like a man who dresses like a woman who use to be a prison guard?

this white trash family story may help. :D

My sister got engaged to a guy after being in his presence a total of 8 days. They met in Vegas at the sign convention (i still think my parents are kicking themselves for letting her come) in April 2003. 3 days together. He came out to visit in May 3 days 6 total. He came out in June and proposed at the Rose and Crown in Tsawwassen(still good for a free drink from the waitress) on the 8th day of actually being in her person. ( More useless but interesting facts, in a white trash sort of way, my brother is now dating the waitress they had when he proposed) They then proceeded to not tell my parents until after they had told a few cousins and my brother and I. My parents had alreaduyheard about it from an aunt and when they told them my sister was absolutely shitfaced at the dinner table( 4 hours after the proposal) as she had drunk 4 or 5 martinis at the pub after the proposal.

I realise it was a longer than 9 days as they talked daily etc, but she was still living with her previous boyfriend in Ladner when they met. She moved to
Toronto (where he lives) on August 1, 2003. What is funny is that their family is the biggest company in the Maritimes and my parents and his parents have known each other for 25 years. To make this even better for you she was 23 and he was 33 when they met.

Even better news, wedding was planned for July of this year but we found out in October that my sister was pregnant and she just had the baby a few weeks ago. Wedding now planned for January.

Another step for you, his family is from Newfoundland and their company is based out of Halifax. Hence we call them the Newfie - in - laws.

KNVB, hopefully this is good for a laugh or 2 for you.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
(i still think my parents are kicking themselves for letting her come)
Your parents have way too much control over their children.
BlazeArmy said:
. . . on the 8th day of actually being in her person.
Sometimes even I stay in for a little while afterwards, but 8 days? That's sloppy.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when did TTP become the Jerry Springer Show?

BTW, sometimes it's hard to tell how old a girl is.

~JinkywhoalmostwenttoahighschoolGradafewtearsago

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Another step for you, his family is from Newfoundland and their company is based out of Halifax. Hence we call them the Newfie - in - laws.

Brilliant stuff. Witty bunch at your Sunday suppers, eh?

Buckfast

PS - Hate to ask a stupid question, but where does the Halifax bit fit in?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The family is all in newfoundland but the eldest son who is toronto.
All the sales and production are done in Toronto.
Head office is in Halifax. That's pretty fcuked up. No one from the family is in Halifax. All the important staff is in Toronto. The family is pretty much all in St Johns

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Since when did TTP become the Jerry Springer Show?
Based on One Dart's addiction to American trash TV, I'm totally shocked that he didn't jump all over this...

Jinks, I know you are talking about a University Graduation...aren't you :confused: :p

+unknown

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I trade Mrs. Lupoman in for two twenty year olds and some change, does that count as an age difference? Just wonderin'.

lupoman

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0