Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AC/DC : Which is the All-Time Best Riff?

Which AC/DC song has the best guitar riff?

• Giving the Dog a Bone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If You Want Blood (You've Got It)

• TNT

• Total voters

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC/DC's Angus Young may well be known for creating some of the greatest guitar riffs in the history of Rock. But which of his is the best?

It's hard to narrow down the list to a possible 10 choices (as required by the poll), I've come up with likely the best all-time riffs that AC/DC has ever come up with. If you can't remember what they sound like, download a copy from your favourite peer-sharing software and vote.

They are (in no particular order):
  • Beating Around the Bush
  • TNT
  • If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
  • Back in Black
  • Shoot to Thrill
  • Giving the Dog a Bone
  • It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Want to Rock ‘n’ Roll)
  • You Shook Me All Night Long
  • Girls Got Rhythm
  • Jailbreak
By the way -- before there's any complaining -- Thunderstruck doesn't qualify as a riff. It's just a bunch of twidling on the high notes. Sounds good, yes -- but not what we're concerned with here.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well now......you've CERTAINLY opened up a huge can of worms here my friend. As a big ACDC fan, I'm not even sure I could choose one 'best' riff. I also think that 'A Touch Too Much" would have been a worthy addition to the list.

I'm abstaining on this vote I think....as a show of loyalty to everythiing ever created by this legendary band. :D Great poll though, none the less.

~Skip

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
It's hard to narrow down the list to a possible 10 choices (as required by the poll),

If that's the case then why didn't provide the "other" option?

Keeper said:
I've come up with likely the best all-time riffs that AC/DC has ever come up with.

Actually, no you didn't. Therefore this poll should ask, which is the best riff from this list of the only AC/DC songs keeper could think of.

BTW, the best "riff" belongs to "Up To My Neck In You".

As you were.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definately - "It's a long way to the top" one of their best. Not too many bands can get away with bagpipes in the background.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
If that's the case then why didn't provide the "other" option?
'Cause I didn't feel like it.

And I said "likely". If you don't like it, you can bugger off and make your own fcuking poll, twat.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper:

If Jinky did that to me, I'd rip him in the Cornwall Times!
The press as you know can be all powerful.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's Get It Up, Highway to Hell, and Dirty Deeds would be my nominees for MIA from your list.

max

PS. but Back in Black would still win.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about Whole Lotta Rosie?....fcuk where is the other option?

Someone should start who we think is the best riffer of all time. Mine is Jimmy Page, others include Angus, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Clapton and so on.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone ever seen BC/DC? I did at Richards on Richards last Wednesday night. Very entertaining. Take the AC/DC cover and speed it up. Can't go wrong.:D

Back in Black. It has to be.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
robj said:
Definately - "It's a long way to the top" one of their best. Not too many bands can get away with bagpipes in the background.

Love the Pipes in this song, but if you are going with Best Riff, I have to say Jail Break, "with a bullet in his back".

Love that song.

hos

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Love the Pipes in this song, but if you are going with Best Riff, I have to say Jail Break, "with a bullet in his back".

Love that song.

hos
the only jail brake is thin lizzys ;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid,

how did you make it back from the bridge via the institute, to post at 9:57pm :confused:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
I third Whole Lotta Rosie (32/59/36)

The scary part is that it says 42-39-56....apparently when Bon Scott first met/slept with her she was that big and then when he went back she had thinned out and Bon left right away. And no I don't like women that big I just like the song, Dap don't speak!!!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:

Love that song.

hos

There isn't one on the list that is bad!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0