Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AAA Boys Provincial Final 2010(2011)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's crazy I was working at BLWSC on thursday when Charles Best won in Pk's I believe against a Richmond school. How come I never work the shifts where this crazy stuff happens?:(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, Bulljive.....the boy was out of order for doing what he did but what the players did was not good.....nor was the reaction of a lot of people. Of course it is easy for us all to understand the frustration and anger but that wasn't a great decision. A very disappointing way to finish what was supposedly a very good game.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disgusting. No matter what went on verbally all people involved should be facing huge suspensions from school and soccer. Being an ex Husky and having lived nearly my entire life in North Delta I am a bit ashamed. Sad day for a proud community with a great soccer tradition.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on, Balsa. It is disgusting and there should be some suspensions. It was a bad situation all the way around....

ffdusty

Oct 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the whole incident from the tower above field #1. After the game finished and the Charles Best team were in a pile celebrating their win, the kid from Best went down to the North Delta end and was taunting the fans, pointing to his fingers like he had a championship ring. The fans were throwing a few things at the kid, yelling at him and reacting the way you would expect. What the kid didn't expect was the whole North Delta team coming across the field from their bench and jumping him. The "holy s**t look on his face when he turned around and saw the ND team about 5 yards from his was priceless. They did bury him and there were some kicks and punches thrown. A few ND fans jumped over the fence and joined in. The Best team saw what was going on and a couple of players ran towards the pile. The Best goalkeeper saved the kid on the bottom of the pile by dragging him away and protecting him. The kid got up and staggered away, and I think the Best people got him out of the park quickly.Tons of credit to the keeper for saving the dumb ass kid. There was also a young female in a Best hoody who jumped into the fray and was throwing a few punches and she ended up getting knocked on her ass. By this time there were lots of people from both sides on the field, the ND group being the more aggresive side. There were a 3 or 4 brown guys in track suits that got between the two groups and calmed things down and kept their group back, credit to them. It was an ugly incident after a really good game, all brought on by a stupid act by a "fan" who probably didn't think about the consequences of riling up a very large group of people upset they just lost a provincial final. There's no excuse for the reaction of the ND team and they should be suspended. It all happened very fast, and I think it was an inapropriate reaction to an inapropriate action. In the end, no one got seriously hurt, but it could have been a lot worse.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
stopinthenameofsunglassesp1.gif

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza:

Looking at this multiple times and just wondering what it has to do with the thread? Not at Burnaby Lake, not a Burnaby cop/RCMP type; did it even happen in Canada? Looking it up claims the girl stole a pair of sunglasses, and that's what precipitated the over the top reaction...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also do not see how the video that Trece refers to has anything to do with people swarming a high school boy and kicking him on the ground in Burnaby in a final that a lot of TTPers played in. The latter is something that the local community should be ashamed of because I had hoped that we are better then other communities. Yes there is some idiot police officer from the US in that video, but what does that have to do with a high school boy being attacked after the BC final?

The kids, players and staff in the final should have to answer to this. It is a real black eye for local soccer.

Sir M

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also do not see how the video that Trece refers to has anything to do with people swarming a high school boy and kicking him on the ground in Burnaby in a final that a lot of TTPers played in. The latter is something that the local community should be ashamed of because I had hoped that we are better then other communities. Yes there is some idiot police officer from the US in that video, but what does that have to do with a high school boy being attacked after the BC final?

The kids, players and staff in the final should have to answer to this. It is a real black eye for local soccer.

Sir M

I"m sure something is going to happen......

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0