Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Shot At Glory

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw a trailer for this a couple of years ago on Soccer Saturday or that Sportsnet knock-off I can't remember the name of. At long last, it has finally come straight to video (DVD) in North America.

I revolves around your typical under-achieving 2nd division Scottish club who signs a washed-up, former premier player in hopes of vying for the league cup. One can note the similarities to a certain div 1, Irish, VMSL team. As with all other popular sporting-flicks, our troops make it to the final only to be matched against the Rangers (Rangers sent Celtic packing in the quarters or semis -- I can't remember which).

Duvall does a good job with the accent -- much better than Costner did in Robin Hood, anyway -- which makes it a reasonable rental for a weekday evening. Check with your local video shop (I found it at the 13th & Main Blockbuster, across the street from the Jesus Christ Superstore).

On a side note, notice the size of the centre circle on the pitch. It's friggin' huge!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mean Machine

A remake of "The Longest Yard" starring Vinnie Jones.
Turns out that our Vinnie is the ex England captain who plays the same role as Burt Reynolds. Good Footy movie for a night in.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will be keepin' an eye out for it

I love the tag line, "Hoosiers' with rowdier fans."

That's classic.

Keeper, it is more appropriately known as the Stupidstore for later references.
:D

Yodaanex-employeeof11years.
:eek:

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duval the Scot

Keeps...
...Duval's accent was terrible, and his portrayal of a football manager was utter shite. Why the fcuk would they have not used a Scottish actor to do the role? He clearly had no clue what he was doing.

Ally Mac. came across as a better actor than Duval. Odd as Duval has done some great stuff....

Jimmy Gimble was a better movie.

Rental at best.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mean Machine

Just finished watching this Vinny Jones flick and I thought it was a pretty good pick-up for Movie Night. A good cast and alot of funny shite.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Celtic....

Any film where Celtic has been set packing is a must watch. Bunch of wankers.

lupoman

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman

Coveside might have to hit double digits after that comment.

Not a bad movie, except for Duvall butchering that fine Scot's brougue! (sp)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts