Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A New Low? Poor Tony..

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb: Earth to idiot: The reason the Marchand Salo play was so dirty was that Salo didn't, couldn't have seen it coming. Marchand actually drops his shoulder and feigns playing the puck, which turns Salo sideways to amost attempt to block the chip up the wall, then he takes him out just above the knee.

This is worlds apart from "Bailing" on a hit you see coming at the very last minute (ala Raymond on Marchand in SCF last year) and worlds apart from a hip check when an attacking player thinks he has the angle and is trying to get by you wide-side.

mktb: Ballard's hit there on McGinn isn't something I like, but it's miles apart from the Salo Marchand hit also. Ballard squares him up and makes no attempt on the play, if anything he feigns being ready to take the hit from McGinn, who is leading hard with his shoulder loading up.

if you add "reading" to your vast skill-set, you'll see that I actually agreed 100% with your assessment of Marchand's hit on Salo...

as for your attempts to distinguish the various hits, I note that Peter Chiarelli doesnt share your views. I recall your boastful predictions during the SCF; if memory serves you were a few goals off in a few of the games. On balance, I think I put more stock in his opinion than yours...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Franchise, my eyesight must be going... can you point out where Marchand's Stanley Cup ring is in that picture? Thanks...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
chiarelli's ox is being gored, of course he has a different opinion... how is it the b's and the b's camp alone that shares the opinion?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the Bruins are idiots for defending the hit. Marchand is young enough that I'd like to think the jury is out on whether he's a "dirty" player, but that hit was filthy. You cant protect yourself from a simple hit by doing something thats going to significantly injure your opponent. For all their "you're not gonna change the call" musings, you'd think they'd have wanted to avoid taking shots at the league office...

All that said, I'm with him in the sense that puck or no puck, I dont think you can send a guy ass-over-teakettle by making contact at the knee level... thats the similarity I see in every hit mentioned - including the Marchand one, despite efforts out of Boston to make the point of contact at the BUTT TOCKS... The classic hipcheck happens when the puck is pushed ahead a bit, and the D man basically skates his ass right into the forward's hip.... man down... I dont think any of the hits mentioned fit that bill, imo...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
depending on what we gotta give up to get him...i'm on board with the stache.

He's a few hundred grand more expensive than Weise, who I'd assume would be sent down...

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
+1 for Parros. We need some real boots-to-asses toughness on this team otherwise Boston et al. can have their way with us again without fear of reproach.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty useless signing in my opinion. He can't play hockey, we need a physical guy that can still skate, get in on the forecheck and hit some people. Parros would be in the press box if we played Boston again. An okay signing but nothing that will help the team down the stretch.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty useless signing in my opinion. He can't play hockey, we need a physical guy that can still skate, get in on the forecheck and hit some people. Parros would be in the press box if we played Boston again. An okay signing but nothing that will help the team down the stretch.

You wanna drop some names on who you Have in mind? If anything it will keep MTKB happy as he will enjoy the free unlimited mustache rides and save us time from reading his crap!

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

as much as the nucks have needed to add a solid mustache to the line up, i agree with bulljive, come playoff time he won't be in the lineup

a couple 3rd/4th liners that the nucks should be looking at: boll and/or dorsett (CBJ), spaling and/or halischuk (NSH), Thompson and/or Downie (TBL), and Thorburn (WIN)

all are mid to late twenties, and are either signed thru next year or are RFA's, meaning the nucks would control their contract after this season and have first shot at re-signing... these would be similar moves to the nucks bringing in Higgins and Lapierre last year

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parros?? really.....???

Get Gino Odjeck to give up running for a cur and put on the jersey again.

Rodgers arena would be electric!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude thought it hypocritical to attend given the views he holds... I wouldnt expect anyone remotely associated with the Canucks to appreciate the issue...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude thought it hypocritical to attend given the views he holds... I wouldnt expect anyone remotely associated with the Canucks to appreciate the issue...

Dont soldiers come back after war with their limbs blown off and visit the white house? They all have different politcal views. No?

I wouldn't expect someone with their head lodged so far up their glory hole to appreciate the issue.

Try again.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does the leader of your country wanting to congratulate you on winning the Stanley Cup have to do with political views? It baffles me how politics and religion continue to interfere with peoples ability to be socially competent human beings. Have a different view, but does that mean you can't respect someone and accept a gracious thank you or congratulations.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the right to free speech is what allows Thomas to do what he did, just like it allows akslop to carry on like a buffoon...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tim Thomas is an idiot, and that has nothing to do with free speech. From what I've heard from guys in the room he's lost a lot of respect, so he better keep stopping pucks. He made what was a team event into a story about HIM. If Harper or the Dalia Lama ever invited the Nomads over for a celebration of winning D2B last year, I would have shown up even if I didn't vote for Harper or follow Buddhism. The White House does this every year, and it's to congratulate the champions of their respective sport, not to force their political opinions on to the players.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The far right leaning constitutionalist/libertarian folks in the states are famous for taking hard line approaches to these topics. Douche move? Yes, within his rights? Yes.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts