Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

7 Aside!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. Big block of carved spam, in TheRob's likeness.

Besides, Regs can't be doing that. He needs that big dildo for "Sleepless in Seattle" night at TTP headquarters.

You have mail...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which teams are in?

How many, and which teams have entered the 7 aside tounrnament?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The coach asked our CAT team if we wanted to go in. Seven said yes.:rolleyes:I wasn't one of them.

As it turns out, GEU is now putting on a tournament in August. Guess what the format is? Seven a-side.:rolleyes: That one I'll have to go in unfortunatly.

Seven a-side is gay.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that the div 1 team as well as the div 2 fury are going in to the tournament. The other teams figure we should have a big scrimage, and then a bbq and get pissed. I can't how that is different than any other weekend. Oh well, any reason not to go.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Which teams are in?

Originally posted by Argyle
How many, and which teams have entered the 7 aside tounrnament?

We have, (Langley Cat Team). Maybe a waste of time but we needed something to do..lol.. We might have 10 guys or so that are available for this tourney so our numbers are somewhat dwindled. Also I hear its starting at like 8am? WTF with that, I'd like to sleep in.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to clarify

Seven aside is gay and it doesn't surprise me GEU is organizing this because GEU IS THE WORST club in the valley. Operations, fields and even the players are a bit dodgy.:D

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe TR should have organized a ttp kick around and piss-up. We could play for a plate of patchos.;)

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LucVanLierde
saturday only, 4 games each
Sounds like only eight teams have entered. What a great season ending tournament. How many divisions were able to enter?

I guess we should think about running our own tournament for next year.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Originally posted by Argyle

Sounds like only eight teams have entered. What a great season ending tournament. How many divisions were able to enter?

Apparently you got different information Than I did.

My Email says there are 4 Groups of 5-6 teams, 20+ teams total. I play 5 Games on Saturday + Any additional if we get out of our Group and into the semis. It is my understanding that all divisions were eligible as I see some Div3, Div2 and U21's in there as well.

Anyone need the schedule email me and I can send you the EXCEL Spreadsheet.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waste

Waste of time tourney. Summed up here.

Too early and far to rushed, MANY teams were short guys for the early portions of the tourney.
Poor organization, Changrooms not fully open, concession not open. What no one thought to arrange this?
Weather, Can't blame this on the FVSL, only on the FV. It was raining and COLD at 8AM when we played our 1st match.

Referees were very reasonable.

7 Aside on a full field with no offsides, kind if defeats the well thought out game of soccer that we are HOPING to all come to know.
No time for stoppage time because of the tight schedule, this means that when the ball leaves the pitch you blow a few mins each half (We are talking about South Surrey Athletic here, the ball is gone for 30 seconds everytime it is shot wide of the South goal(s).

I wouldn't enter it again.

Sub.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final

GEU (premier)won the cash and enjoyed the 7-aside,but also thought they could of had the snack shop open.Very fricken cold out there today and that made it tough to play/stop/play etc.We only had 9 guys the whole day until the final when we had 8:( .

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To snack or not to snack

The Concession is run by volunteers.
while it would have been nice I'm not sure too many would give their day to cater this event.
All dressing rooms were available.
Last minute venue. Be happy.
Some people gave some time to this event for no reward other than complaint.
Be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0