Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2023 BC Provincial Cup Draws

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think BC soccer is in bed with TTP. Lots more traffic here as this is the only place to find out what is going on with this thing. I am a rookie to provincials but when we qualify for the A cup next year through our imperial cup run, we will have to take a long look if we will enter.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some competitions have games that start tomorrow night and as far as I know, BC Soccer hasn't published anything publicly regarding match dates/times or where to go for match results.

Is this going to be their way of a big fcuk you to adult leagues? As an outsider, it seems to be leaning that way.
Our game was scheduled 11:41 on Tuesday. Noon was the deadline to provide us a time, apparently. BC soccer allowed the other team to change the time after 10pm that night. Typical.

The original 7pm time wasn't great for us, the adjusted 4:40pm (who plays at 4:40?) time is even worse. We'll be lucky to scrape together a sub or 2.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our game was scheduled 11:41 on Tuesday. Noon was the deadline to provide us a time, apparently. BC soccer allowed the other team to change the time after 10pm that night. Typical.

The original 7pm time wasn't great for us, the adjusted 4:40pm (who plays at 4:40?) time is even worse. We'll be lucky to scrape together a sub or 2.
So basically all the scheduling can't be trusted 100% at this point, 24 hours before some games are supposedly being played?

Not sure what the fcuking point is in trying to be a fan of these competitions...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds frustrating for sure. However….I will say, you only get one shot at all this. Being able to play at a descent level and compete that is. Enjoy it, the twists and turns and overcoming maybe your second or third best roster is all part of it. Wish my body could still do it.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's shocking. What game is that?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds frustrating for sure. However….I will say, you only get one shot at all this. Being able to play at a descent level and compete that is. Enjoy it, the twists and turns and overcoming maybe your second or third best roster is all part of it. Wish my body could still do it.

I wish I could play, my body doesn't have it either, two knee surgerys on my right knee in my 20's, and now a blown out left knee as of November at 34. I don't think I'll be playing again unfortunately, especially not at a "competitive" level that is anyways.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish I could play, my body doesn't have it either, two knee surgerys on my right knee in my 20's, and now a blown out left knee as of November at 34. I don't think I'll be playing again unfortunately, especially not at a "competitive" level that is anyways.
So maybe it's time to become a Referee !

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The knee injuries suck but keep up the physio and you'll be back. I was 38 with a reconstructed rt ACL and a completely torn PCL and still played decently competitive in open. I'm mid 40s now, PCL is still torn but still out there in Masters nowadays. Don't give up bro!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone finally pulled their finger out.

I saw that earlier this morning... now how long for them to (1) give some results; and (2) schedule the next round.

2 weeks to do it, I would imagine teams have until Tomorrow or Wednesday to get field times in and then they'll email something out to someone and we'll wait until after the long weekend for someone to kindly share email.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
years ago BC purported to chance a youth cup game between Burnaby (us good guys) and almighty Metro-Ford from a Sunday to a Tuesday - because CMF had a couple kids away with the national team. CMF made us play on a Friday night earlier in the year, which ended up with us showing up with 9 or 10 guys and getting smoked.

Anyway, turns out BC Soccer's rules at that point said that cup games had to be played on the same day(s) as league games. That wasn't a Tuesday. I pointed this out to BC. They said "cool, the game will still be on Tuesday".

Because I was (and remain) a cnut, I got a little administrative law advice from a colleague and wrote a six page letter explaining what would happen if I took them to BC Supreme Court on an emergency basis and pointed out that they were refusing to follow their own rules.

They convened an emergency board meeting which I gather was rather, uh, spirited. They backed down, and forced CMF to find a field on 24 hours notice to play the game on the Sunday.

Sometimes you have to stand up to a bully.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw that earlier this morning... now how long for them to (1) give some results; and (2) schedule the next round.

2 weeks to do it, I would imagine teams have until Tomorrow or Wednesday to get field times in and then they'll email something out to someone and we'll wait until after the long weekend for someone to kindly share email.
looks to be they are putting the results in their "graphics". FFS, why do they need to be so "different"?

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder why there's an asterisk beside the Tigers and Micro Footie results.

Also has Tigers winning 4-0, but I was told 3-0

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder why there's an asterisk beside the Tigers and Micro Footie results.

Also has Tigers winning 4-0, but I was told 3-0
Who knows... I posted in the masters thread they have west van losing 3-0 rather than moving on

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next round matches start in 2 days and ZERO effort from BC Soccer to promote that I've seen.

Is this correct? I mean, is there another avenue I'm not aware of across social media or some other website?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Live view of BC soccer HQ:

No One Cares Americanhousewife GIF by ABC Network

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars