Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Whitecaps

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Important game for Caps tonight. Too many ties recently, lessening playoff prospects.
Hopefully gressel starts in place of the left sided midfielder.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahead of myself. Tomorrow night.
I'm to blame if thousands read my post and show up tonight only to find out its tomorrow.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicago 3
Whitecaps 1

Did not watch but "heard" another shitshow with squad rotation and key shite performances. Excuses made about focus on TFC game coming up mid-week... bit of a joke, really.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, for TFC match, if Caps don't sort out the back line, these guys are gonna have a field day :)

1658677934597.png

200.gif

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaqiri bossed the game, start to finish... he's all Chicago had (except for an excellent homegrown 19 year old on the left wing, Gutierrez I believe was his name), so why they didn't man mark him for the full 90 is beyond me.

Had $10 bucks on TFC and Chicago to win. Bailed when Cavallini tied it up after Gauld came on - surprise, surprise - only to watch the Caps fold and remind me why cashing out is for cowards. Would have paid $65. Ridiculous...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicago 3
Whitecaps 1

Did not watch but "heard" another shitshow with squad rotation and key shite performances. Excuses made about focus on TFC game coming up mid-week... bit of a joke, really.
Good performance by the Caps last night, outplayed TFC in the first half and should have been up by 2 or 3. The punching bags played well and the large crowd went home happy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outplayed? Debatable considering possession numbers... they did counter well though and did deserve the lead at the break.

I can't get behind the antics of Sartini, it is growing old quickly.

Same with the "stand by me" junk.

Angry Will Ferrell GIF

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outplayed? Debatable considering possession numbers... they did counter well though and did deserve the lead at the break.

I can't get behind the antics of Sartini, it is growing old quickly.

Same with the "stand by me" junk.

Angry Will Ferrell GIF
Yeah they absolutely did not outplay Toronto in the first half... unless outplay means outrun because they chased the ball all half... they weathered the storm, were unusually opportunistic, and dragged it to penalties where they won the coin flip. Great result for morale but TFC is still dogshit without their three Italians, who looked fairly jetlagged and disinterested all night (with the exception of the top-shelf service on their lone goal).

We were row 2 behind the Caps bench last night - the Vanni act is still playing with folks there, and I have to say that watching him during the game was quite entertaining... he bounces between looking like he needs about five martinis to looking like he's having the time of his life... when Bradley almost chipped Cropper from midfield, he dropped to his knees in shock and then got up laughing his ass off about the near calamity. I like seeing genuine, human emotion from a coach, as distinct from the human statue Bradley Sr...

Stand by Me can fcuk off to wherever they dumped the "Village of Vancouver" signs...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can never understand the point of players wrapping themselves in their home country flag when winning something in a domestic league elsewhere. WTF?

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe I am weighing in on the Caps, but nonetheless.

I watched the second half because I was somewhere and it was on. First thought, and thank you for straight to peno's. It would have been rude walking out before extra time.

But as to Regs and others, it all seems so forced and contrived. I want it to mean something, but not a single tug at my heart. I grew up on the old Caps, love LFC today because of Grobelaar and Beardsley's ties once they left here. Grew up listening to every game on CJOR I think it was, Ian Michaud for the old fcuks on here, I think. Could name most of the lineup that played in the 79 Soccer Bowl.

The Southsiders all look straight out of high school. Contrived. The broadcasters, and especially the bit of the TV post game I saw making this out to be a massive achievement and a turning point for the franchise. Wow.

Lost to the Mighty Shaq on Saturday, get outplayed but win on penos, and will likely get humped away on the weekend, and outside of a playoff spot atm. Was driving listening to the radio post game, and I don't recall who was getting interviewed, but said with a straight radio voice that this is the start of the march towards a championship this year. What? Yes I know what's going on because I am a local sports fan, but I don't watch it other than by accident.

From a curious onlooker perspective, I wonder who they think there target audience is, or where the next level of support will come from. Snob like me wrote off the quality long ago, diehard Caps fans from the days were all there at the beginning but that season ticket customer has diminished. As I said, I want this to mean something, but nothing has happened in the last 10 years that has grabbed me. Might be awhile yet.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, he might be a clown show but he's OUR clown show. Fcuk Bradley and fcuk the TFC bitches for their whining. Don't like it? Do something about it, like beat them. You didn't, so you get to take it and like it. What Vanni did was hardly over the top - he has about 20 million less in talent to work with so yeah, when it comes off he's going to be rather happy. Again, fcuk Bob Bradley. Bitch.

As for what it means for the Caps, I agree that the "turning point" mantra is gross hyperbole. They still aren't good enough, on paper or in the results. But look, based on the last two years I think it's pretty clear that it is an accomplishment to win the thing - why not celebrate and feel good about what small victories they take? Let's face it - it doesn't get better than this, and won't until they spend real money on real players.

I don't think there is a target audience because I really don't think there's a plan for how to build the team - even with Axel here. It seems they just drone around year after year trying to vulture whatever talent they can actually convince to come and play for what money they can offer, and they try to line up the pegs and the holes as best they can. If they have a style of play they're trying to establish, it's not readily apparent to me. I think they're at the stage of "if we build it they will come", but they're down a foreman and an engineer...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The possession numbers include TFC defenders and keeper passing it back and forth in the TFC half. Post game Sartini said "we destroyed them in the first half".
Great to see Teibert and Cavallini with good games contributing to the result.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts