Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard on TSN last night that the players also want tickets, flights, accommodation and meals for their friends and family when they go to Qatar.
That's apparently standard; they're fighting over how many seats, rooms, and plates...

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks that Canada Soccer offers now 75% discount on tickets for Curacao.
Not a single word if that offer is valid for those who already purchased the tickets for that game before this discount announcement.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just tried to buy 2 tix and the cheapest from Ticketmaster was $60 apiece in them lower bowl end zones.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are clueless.

Use code: CANMNT75

I picked up tickets near the center line for $30/each. There are a few behind the goal for $11 and plenty in the corners for $16

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
E-mail received from Soccer Canada when I requested 75% refund for already purchased tickets (Curacao game):

“Fans can request a refund by logging into your Ticketmaster Account. Once you're in your account, choose your event, scroll down and click the 'Contact Us' button.”

That “Contact Us” button takes you to Ticketmaster Virtual Assistant (TVA) who informs you to click on “Request a Refund” button under event details. Well, that button does not exist. Good luck getting a live agent when you call Ticketmaster.

Contacted Soccer Canada again (e-mail) and told them that Ticketmaster currently holds over $600 of my money (for Iran/Curacao pack – which was cancelled, for Panama – which was cancelled, and for Curacao game which I do not care about anymore).

I also asked them why they are playing like this with the fans who purchased tickets right away for all those events. No reply from Soccer Canada.

An hour ago, I decided to call Soccer Canada. Called them in Ottawa, got a voice mail that said: “Our office is closed now”. Really!?

They should be ashamed of the mess they created.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw Rick Westhead's article this morning - great read.

The comments from former CSA board members from all across the country is rather damning. There will always be dissenters and those who feel the organization is not going about things the "right" way. However, these accounts were fairly consistent from members who were on the board at different times about CSA's lack of transparency and apparently cavalier nature of operating.

Reminder that this is the organization that has taken it upon itself to insist that BC Soccer governance requires an overhaul...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'The Men’s National Team proposal included a request of 40% net of taxes of an estimated $10 million prize pool,'

I call bullshit on both the linguistics and the mathematics.

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well when the technical directors of our Mickey Mouse clubs make more then some of our national team players….maybe we have a problem

The problem isn't that TD's make money... people who do a good job should be rewarded. The $100k question is how do you quantify what a 'good job' is at a youth soccer club level, or in this case at any level?

The opaqueness of performance and monetary reward seems to be systemic all the way to the top of Canada Soccer.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts