Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did CDA fcuk up? Reports coming out that some players thought bringing the Iran team to Canada to play would be wrong. B'nai B'rith went to court to stop CSA paying Iran the $400k. Politicians from all 3 parties opposed the game
It would be good to have a friendly in Vancouver against a team ranked in the 20's. Even better if ticket prices were reasonable.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Karma will be a bitch. Watch us host a World Cup match here in the future and one of the teams will be Iran..
Then the Gov knobbies can't do a thing about it. Shatholes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Panama is the replacement team for the friendly... better than nothing though I'm hearing ticket sales are not going well after the debacle with Iran.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Panama is the replacement team for the friendly... better than nothing though I'm hearing ticket sales are not going well after the debacle with Iran.
Well, they have yet to refund the Iran tickets despite promising to do so. Basically playing three card monte with the fan base. So, not surprised ticket sales for Panama are slow.

Knew they'd find a way to fcuk up the goodwill their talented young team has built for them. I suppose given the politicking I've seen for CSA roles, it shouldn't really be a surprise...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I mean tickets for Panama don't go on sale for another 40 mins...

And ya, up to 30 days for Ticketmaster to process refunds.

All tickets for Panama are $30 so hopefully that entices folks to come out and support the team. Really tough the way it all went down re Iran. Notwithstanding anyone's views on how the game came to be and then was ultimately scrapped, that was going to be a proper match in front of a raucous atmosphere.

Too bad about Curacao as it really seems to be collateral damage flowing from Iran. Lots of two-match packs that were cancelled and people understandably slow to re-buy given refunds not processed yet.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tickets for a friendly vs Panama go on sale today.

Whoever purchased tickets for 2-match event (Iran and Curacao) will have to purchase tickets for Curacao again because 2-match event is cancelled so Ticketmaster refund will be for 2-match event (not just for tickets that relate to a cancelled game vs Iran).

All those who purchased originally tickets only for Curaco game are OK; those still should be valid.

CSA screwed up royally all this. That is what you get when politics get involved in sport but that is nothing new.
If it was only for CSA, I would not think at all about watching now Panama and Curacao but I will go simply to support the boys who had a fantastic qualifying for WC 2022.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 7

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CSA management is incompetent, screwed up the friendly and have not settled financial matters with the players.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gonna be a shitshow if game gets cancelled today.

How can leadership leave this to the last moment?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
any reason why they're splitting the WC money evenly with the women? that mean the men get half of whatever the women get for making their WC? unless the money FIFA gives out for the two world cups is even - and I highly doubt that - this doesnt strike me as particularly fair...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs going through the turnstiles at BC Place

Im Out GIF

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cant say I am surprised.

I am not sure what other countries players get but no way its ten percent of the pot the cdn players were offered. Ten percent of ten million. That seems very low. 1 million split btw the players at this level cant be right.

Then again seeing how soccer is run in this country and the people who run it cant say I am shocked. What a clusterfck...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts