Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointed but not disappointed. I don't mind a trip to the Hammer. Got some great business partners / buddies there, footy fans, and it will be a party in town. Would rather have BC Place, but this will be fun.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we don't get any injuries. That surface will have been frozen for about 3 months by the time we play on it.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FWIW - CONCACAF drew Oceania this morning for the Intercontinental Playoff (so 4th place will play, essentially, New Zealand)

ICYMI - The Intercontinental Playoffs have traditionally been two-leg home and away affairs but, because of the compressed international schedule still catching up from Covid, they have changed it to a one game winner-take-all playoff at a neutral venue in June.

Too bad, surely Vancouver would have got that game for "travel" reasons...

Anyway, hopefully they can qualify without needing that playoff spot. Man that top four is tight at the moment.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FWIW - CONCACAF drew Oceania this morning for the Intercontinental Playoff (so 4th place will play, essentially, New Zealand)

ICYMI - The Intercontinental Playoffs have traditionally been two-leg home and away affairs but, because of the compressed international schedule still catching up from Covid, they have changed it to a one game winner-take-all playoff at a neutral venue in June.

Too bad, surely Vancouver would have got that game for "travel" reasons...

Anyway, hopefully they can qualify without needing that playoff spot. Man that top four is tight at the moment.
Cape Town is lovely.... never mind.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So....

1. Is the Canada / US game now going to be played in front of an empty stadium?
2. If so, could they move it to BC Place, where at least we can have 1/2 Capacity?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are the new rules in Ontario to run past the match date?

Davies and David in covid protocol now, let's hope they are ready to go by then!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that outdoor venues are still 50% under current Ontario restrictions.

Also, the current Ontario restrictions only run through Jan. 27.

Zero chance it comes to Vancouver. If they can't play it in Hamilton my guess would be they play it in Miami behind closed doors. That is where Canada are doing their January camp and playing Guatemala in their pre-window exhibition game.

The Canadians want to be in a warm environment before heading to Honduras. If they can't play in Canada due to restrictions, I would imagine they would want to stay in the warmth between the Honduras and El Salvador games and minimize travel - which has been their priority all along. Hence Hamilton over Vancouver.

Yes we would be playing the US in the US for our home game, but if there's no fans what's the difference? Plus the US would have to travel down from Columbus and Minnesota.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts