Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a good point Regs. A cold weather game this next round do3s not make sense.

Who knows as well with a 30 man roster you leave a few guys in Vancouver to avoud the travel.

For example if you dont playing on playing David the first game due to rotation leave him in Vancouver to avoid the let lag. Same with someone like Atiba etc.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, I’m looking to hire Doneil as my accounts receivables collector. How he didn’t have a yellow at minimal after the 1st aerial elbow is mind boggling.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If canada do qualify for the world cup I would almost argue the games will be easier for them.

Quality pitches
Temp controlled stadiums
No piss bags
Var for no funny stuff
Half decent refs
Easy travel

Compared to the ocho almost seems like a walk in the park if you can get thru how given tough it is to qualify thru the ocho.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result, top of the group.
Honduras in January, then go to Costa Rica in March, then 4 more games after that. Keep the pedal to the metal. Would love to go to a World Cup that Canada is playing in, but not sure about going to QOn a side note, I’m looking to hire Doneil as my accounts receivables collector. How he didn’t ha
i was yelling at the TV for him to be subbed after the yellow. 3 fouls in 10min and each could of been a yellow. Talk about not being able to control your emotion on the big stage. Thank god he got subbed

CJ Mundy

Sep 8, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from Edmonton. It's all been said. Here's some notes from the experience.

Tremendous crowd! Pro-Canadian and loud.

The squad really looks unified - constant encouragement and support for each other.

There was a strange half-time announcement warning the crowd about "discrimination" and how Canada could forfeit the game at the referees discretion?

Its easy to smuggle sambuca into a stadium under a parka and seven layers of clothing.

I don't know much about the Voyageurs but they kept the atmosphere going and pelted some Mexican players attempting to take throw ins with snowballs.

Leaping into snowbanks is a way cool goal celebration.

Viking clap at the end was a bit emotional actually.

Good times.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from Edmonton. It's all been said. Here's some notes from the experience.

Tremendous crowd! Pro-Canadian and loud.

The squad really looks unified - constant encouragement and support for each other.

There was a strange half-time announcement warning the crowd about "discrimination" and how Canada could forfeit the game at the referees discretion?

Its easy to smuggle sambuca into a stadium under a parka and seven layers of clothing.

I don't know much about the Voyageurs but they kept the atmosphere going and pelted some Mexican players attempting to take throw ins with snowballs.

Leaping into snowbanks is a way cool goal celebration.

Viking clap at the end was a bit emotional actually.

Good times.
Man we should have tried to meet up. So many highlights for me.

Atmosphere was so Canadian, it was incredible. Flasks and bottles of something that won't freeze everywhere. The crowd was rabbid, something of a mix between NHL and CFL, I suppose what you'd see in these prairie cities that truly support their sports teams, not like Vancouver. I'd look around, and nobody seemed to be sitting, all game. We were in supporters, but fcuk me, everyone was up. Snowballs at the Mexicans on their corners. Heckling the ref ("Ref U suck! Ref U suck"), Na Na Na Na, Goodbye (a bit early, may have jinxed us, normally that's a 3-0 chant). The noise in the building when we scored? Unreal. I've tried uploading some video, but too large a file, maybe if I WhatsApp to @Regs you can load it up?

Then, the Viking Clap. Yeah, I'd say a bit emotional.

I've written here many times....I didn't grow up in a footballing household. My exposure to the game- outside playing of course- was Whitecaps, and our National Teams. Those are the only teams I love. I appreciate others, certainly, but those are my passions. Whitecaps, well....they are hard to love. Our National Team? Never hard for me to love, because I always appreciated what these guys had to do just to play professionally, given out of Canada we had zero pathway. To see this live, and realize we'd just taken 4 point from FCUKING MEXICO???? Are you kidding me?

Today I have all day forecasting meetings, and no voice. None. Broken voice box. It's awesome.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The snowballs being thrown during the corner kicks is hilarious lol.

Great report @Dude as its hard to feel the full atmosphere on tv. One soccer did increade the crowd mic this game so you could hear the noise much better.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada vs. Mexico - field-side video and photos taken at the game by one of my former youth players who's just starting out in the business. He's one of those press photogs you see who has a giant lens with a camera attached to it. Unfortunately because of the cold the battery for his video camera died on him right before the end of the game, but as he says, he got some great photos of the post game stuff too.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts