Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sam played great. I agree man of the match. Awesome compliment to Davies.

Lazy Larin needs to get across the goal when those crosses come in that is your main job. Having said that he scored.

Tajon off the bench was awesome.

In fact seeing Tajon and David and Hutch off the bench just showed how far we have come.

Its a point and a big one at that.

Honduras tied El Salvador and Jamaica lost.

Regs i agreewhy did they switch formations at 20 min mark when it was working so well? We looked comfortable up untill then.

Also as much as I like junior hoilletf he is too slow to use a break out player when countering off the bunker. You need some wheels up there to break out. He is better suited when we are playing a possesion game.

Finally the US media and fans are gonna lose it today. They mow have to go down to Honduras and try to get a win. Not gonna be easy....but gonna be fun to watch the yanks start to possibly implode.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't think it was that much of a hospital ball, just thought Kennedy tried to beat someone and then remembered who he is... he and Larin were not very good at all, for me... Hoilett sent a ball in that Larin has to be in position to tap in (and Buchanan did later after Larin had gone off). And that breakaway at the start where he basically passed it to the keeper... c'mon.

Aaronson gave an interview after the match wherein he observed that "Canada clearly sat back and didn't want to play, that was obvious"... must have played in a different match than the one I watched, I thought it went back and forth and each team had the other hemmed a bit at different points...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argentina Brazil game was suspended at 7 minute mark due to Brazilian officials being aholes and trying to influence the outcome unfairly.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argentina Brazil game was suspended at 7 minute mark due to Brazilian officials being aholes and trying to influence the outcome unfairly.
Probably a different thread for this...

Also my understanding was that Brazil FA and CONMEBOL were all good with the match being played. It was some sort of health department agency who were out of joint.

Great clusterf*ck though...love South American footy!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sam A is my MOTM. I thought he was solid both ways.

Tajon should not start again, he is lethal coming in last 30 and wreaking havoc.

But please, no more Henry, my heart can't take it
Bang on. The more criminal act was not using that right side on every advancement up the pitch after Davies subbed out. He was destroying his mark. Basically, start Hoilette, and at 60 bring on the kid.

I love Henry and his courage and intimidating style but the fact he hasn’t given up a PK yet in his 93 minutes means we are on borrowed time.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And somehow he wasn't good enough for the Whitecaps because they preferred Jordan fcuking Harvey o_O
Yeah, was thinking about that yesterday. At the time it was baffling. They are letting go of a very good Canadian HG talent for a nice guy, heart and soul guy, but aging out and talent wise not on SA’s level. Didn’t get it then, still don’t.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't think it was that much of a hospital ball, just thought Kennedy tried to beat someone and then remembered who he is... he and Larin were not very good at all, for me... Hoilett sent a ball in that Larin has to be in position to tap in (and Buchanan did later after Larin had gone off). And that breakaway at the start where he basically passed it to the keeper... c'mon.

Aaronson gave an interview after the match wherein he observed that "Canada clearly sat back and didn't want to play, that was obvious"... must have played in a different match than the one I watched, I thought it went back and forth and each team had the other hemmed a bit at different points...
There used to be a drill called “sniffer” we’d get the kids to play, all about hunting down loose balls in the box, and crosses in behind the back line. The squad need to spend 90 minutes at training playing sniffer today.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So....let's talk Edmonton rumor / possibilities....

Cons:
  • shite surface that benefits nobody. Maybe a slight advantage to Canada.
  • shite travel itinerary coming in for Canada.
  • Cold AF...as been stated many times, these guys all play essentially in similar conditions in the winter, so the argument is no net benefit here either.
Pros:
  • We should have a few extra days and training session in the cold to acclimatize.
  • All those cons above should be slightly in Pro category for Canada.
  • Canada will still have comforts of home.
  • I can see Edmonton supporting this extremely well, especially considering the local connection to AD. Yes, Mexico travels well, but maybe not so easy right now during COVID, so should be a very pro Canada crowd.
  • Bags of piss freeze in Edmonton in November, and hurt more on impact.
Honestly, I'm in favor of it.

We have to assume CR is a 3 point game for us, so this represents our best opportunity every since '94 qualifying to stand-up to Mexico. Toronto will be way too comfortable for them, and potentially a 50/50 split crowd like we saw here in Vancouver.

Thoughts? Is this crazy talk?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"We have to assume CR is a 3 point game for us"

Frankly, if we can't handle Costa Rica in Canada, there is no conversation anymore about qualifying. I think that's what I meant.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard, not good news, hopefully a tweak and Ze Germans just being typically overcautious...and that's a good thing here.

TB, hold my beer time. You're up, kid.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully they are just being cautious with Davies as we need him next round.

Tajon needs to step up tommorow and really be the star.

As for Edmonton in Nov I can see the pros and cons.

End of the day vs a team like Mexico it may be a risk we need to take to freeze them out to win. The cold weather just may be enough. Who knows by then mexico may already have lots of points and my not be interested in going full out in a very cold stadium.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully they are just being cautious with Davies as we need him next round.

Tajon needs to step up tommorow and really be the star.

As for Edmonton in Nov I can see the pros and cons.

End of the day vs a team like Mexico it may be a risk we need to take to freeze them out to win. The cold weather just may be enough. Who knows by then mexico may already have lots of points and my not be interested in going full out in a very cold stadium.
Good enough for me. I'm booking my flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0