Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We just didnt seem to have any rhythm today.

Shite field and very humid conditions didnt help.

Having said that in the past we would have lost today or came away with a tie.

We forget too quickly how tough it is to play these games down.

The subs I felt if he was gonna do them should have done them earlier. Guys were tired. Not so many late subs right at the end.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note, I've had enough of this Wheeler Muppet.
I would happily pay any amount of money for OneSoccer if they would turf Gareth Wheeler.

He does not shut up ever. I'm fairly certain he's afraid of silence.

You're a commentator, relay what is happening. Your job is to add to the pictures, not just ramble incessantly in some sort of stream of consciousness diatribe. It really is an art form. When you listen to the guys who do the EPL or the EUROs games you understand that you don't have to talk non-stop to be effective.

But hey...I guess I'll suck it up again on Tuesday night to see if we can book our spot in the Octo! Although I see OneSoccer is offering a "French" stream...so perhaps I get driven to that...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Job done.

Not sure if I'm a fan of all the late subs Herdman made, playing with fire...

Agree. Especially down there. As soon as they went into protection mode, the tactics should have been to draw out the subs. Give the guys a rest. Bring in the guys who'll now work their ass off protecting the lead and our goal. I mean, it's textbook when playing down there, right? We're just usually on the other side of those tactics.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree. Especially down there. As soon as they went into protection mode, the tactics should have been to draw out the subs. Give the guys a rest. Bring in the guys who'll now work their ass off protecting the lead and our goal. I mean, it's textbook when playing down there, right? We're just usually on the other side of those tactics.
yes but RT wasn't avaiable...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes but RT wasn't avaiable...
Fcuk me man.

As mentioned above, I (and I don't think many here) was not a big fan of Piette, but the guy gets it. He looks to make the simply pass forward and quickly. Do his bulldog routine, close down guys, and get the ball into feet far better suited to drive an attack. Simple and safe, knows his role.

Pretty simple.

Didn't see a lot of attack-killing backwards passes out of him last week.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can the Haitians even Field a team? Just a heard bunch of them got denied entry into the USA.

Thanks Trump?

Didn't Haiti travel into the US without issue for Gold Cup during Trump's time in office? Doesnt make sense that they'd be denied now.

Can you link a source for this info?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard the Haitians were bunkered in the Heart of Chicago Motel on the Northside, and there were 8 Canadians out front politely playing Tragically Hip songs, and serving a high gluten pancake breakfast as sabotage to try and slow the buggers down.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard the Haitians were bunkered in the Heart of Chicago Motel on the Northside, and there were 8 Canadians out front politely playing Tragically Hip songs, and serving a high gluten pancake breakfast as sabotage to try and slow the buggers down.
Donald Trump No GIF by Election 2016

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it was due to the usa 14 day rule.

Some of the Haiti players play in europe. You have to wait 14 days before you enter the USA.

I believe from what I read the 14 days expired the day before the game so those players would play but would arrive quite close to the game time.

Not like mens league soccer close when your on the phone asking where the keeper is while trying to delay the game 15 mins.

But close enough...

Last edited:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks now like the 4 mentiond players wont make it after all.

Usually we are the ones getting Concaffed(sp?)..nice to have the shoe on the other foot.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So basically the Haitian federation fcuked up, because they could have flown these guys earlier from Europe to make sure they cleared the 14 day requirement in time for this game

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts