Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, that was a steamer, but a solid finish by AJ. As much as no one likes to be steam rolled, it is good to give a lot of guys the belief they can score. The Cayman's should have sold to us a while ago, and they could have been apart of our team. That said, when I went down there to Club Med, I think I played against a few of the National team on the Thursday game. The previous few days were just those at the resort who wanted to kick a ball - lame. But, then came the Thursday game. The field was full, I was the only one from the resort playing. The pace picked up a lot. I do think everyone was stoned, though. At least, I was :dude:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Number 5 for Cayman couldn't lace the boots of more than half the div 3 centre backs in the FVSL, They can say what they want about small countries in International play, but that was a piss take.

Was Cavallini trying to concuss Phonzie with the headbutt after the natty hat trick? Flick will be well pleased with the red card and trip to Florida after that. :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't realize The Caymans offered up a 3-0 forfeit re: the Covid delay fiasco.
Maybe not so Mickey Mouse of a decision in the end....
They wanted the match to gel and they wanted more than three goals - I like it and stand corrected.
Very un-Canadian indeed...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surinam was up GD of +8 or something like that after 2 games so makes sense that we wanted the game to be played. Of course, eventually we will fcuk it up but at least we can feel good until the next slate of matches in June.

:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we're back at it!

Big match tomorrow vs Aruba KO @ 5PM Pacific (streamed on OneSoccer)

Second game in this window is vs Surinam on Tuesday KO @ 6PM Pacific (also on OneSoccer)

Win both and on to the next stage.

Go Canada Go!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We cant take Surinam lightly.

They changed the rules to give citizenship to Dutch players who have roots in Surinam. The team is now a legit contender in the region and can give anyone a game.

In March alone, seven dual nationals were handed their first caps, many of whom have years of experience in the Eredivisie. Another five have been added to the June squad.

“They’re a completely different team now,” said John Herdman on his Zoom call with reporters following the squad announcement. “They are a top-six, top-eight team in Concacaf in terms of the quality of players. I don’t think anyone had predicted that in nine months, they’d have 15 new players, all who’ve played at the highest levels in the [Dutch] Eredivisie.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! Should make for some good viewing. Wondering if Herdman will rest some key players today or at least pull them early if game is well in hand?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like rest them after first half.

They need some minutes today but not full game.

Canada just needs a win today.

If they do then all they need is a tie vs surinam to get thru.

Surinam has extra day off between matches which does factor in.

Jeez though what a turn of events having to play a top 6 to 8 team in what was suppose to be a very easy group.

I think its gonna be a very good game.

Then again if Canada cant beat Surinam they dont belong in the World Cup anyways.

Still quite the curveball.

Davies. David. Larin.

That will be the attack in that game for Canada and is deadly.

Our weakest spot hands down is Center Back.

Maybe we can fly out Regs for the game????

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would 100% love to make my "official" national team debut at the age of 52.

Unfortunately I only have 1 dose of AZ so while it is tempting, I'll have to pass until I get fully vaccinated.

track running GIF by RunnerSpace.com

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is the move after all these years? Throw it down on the kids in the hallway?
True story:

As you know, I've been almost daily on the treadmill after no running for almost a decade. Yesterday, I almost did a face plant trying to quickly jog across parking lot so I wouldn't hold up traffic... almost did a face plant 'cause I think my legs were expecting the pavement to move and help propel the pins forward.

So safe to say "the move", well, yeah...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting approach to the rosters. Did I understand this right, he split up the squad into an A&B, with a few guys floating in between? Sort of waiting to see the roster / bench for today to answer that question.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True story:

As you know, I've been almost daily on the treadmill after no running for almost a decade. Yesterday, I almost did a face plant trying to quickly jog across parking lot so I wouldn't hold up traffic... almost did a face plant 'cause I think my legs were expecting the pavement to move and help propel the pins forward.

So safe to say "the move", well, yeah...
So good.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This OneSoccer service is pissing me off, grrrr

Might as well follow twitter for goal highlites :rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs I was gonna pay than I just went to vip box and the game and stream have been perfect.

It's a different announcer as well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Job done. If the "big 3" started that game, 20-nil isn't an outrageous thought :)

My MOTM: Tajon Buchanan

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts