Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No stream for today's game against Barbados but Herdman going with a strong line up (as strong as possible anyway with the players available...)

Per Canada Twitter Ricketts with the 1-0 after 5 mins.

Friday Barbados game and Iceland game next Wednesday supposed to be streamed I believe.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Theo Bair for 4-1

Not encouraging giving up a penalty...

Expecting a young team for Friday's rematch. Could be a bit of a trap game. Only in Canada.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada lose 1-0 to Iceland.

Iceland scored on a poorly defended corner in the first half and then just sat in and defended, often with 11 behind the ball. Without our big offensive weapons we struggled to break them down. Had the ball in the net a couple times, but was ruled offside. A few scrambles, etc. in the box as well, but just not enough quality/tenacity to find a way to goal. First time under Herdman we have failed to score.

Positively Canada completely bossed the second half and that Brym kid looks like one to keep an eye on for the future as well as the fullback Bassong. Negatives, Akindele was awful up front and that should be the end of him with the National team program. Was expecting a lot more from a guy who you would have thought would be dying to try and take his chances with the players he is competing for time with not in camp. Also not great was Kamal Miller as a CB. Could not make a pass, so our woes in that part of the field look set to persist.

Overall the loss wipes out the two points we gained with the wins over Barbados. Iceland's match with El Salvador has officially be classed as a "B" international (aka a training game), meaning it will not count for FIFA points, win or lose. So basically it is "as you were" with us set to still be at a double digit deficit. Short of some wins over France and Brazil and some El Salvador losses in the March and June windows, it is looking like we will not make the Hex now.

Should we start a pool on which obscure Central American country is going to be the one to put us out of this new, grueling back door World Cup qualifying path?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Road Trip? Friday night match, stay at the strathcona, pass out in the wicket?

Who's in?

Canada Soccer’s Men’s National Team will return to Vancouver Island to face Concacaf rivals Trinidad & Tobago in a crucial International Friendly match on Friday, March 27th at Westhills Stadium. The home match will give Pacific coast fans a chance to watch Canada’s top international stars, led by Alphonso Davies, Jonathan David and Lucas Cavallini, while turning Westhills Stadium into a fortress as preparations continue ahead of the start of FIFA World Cup 2022™ Qualifiers in the Fall.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am actually on the fence. I’ve got surgery on my wing March 18th, so not sure about travel. Won’t be till last couple of days before....but I’d love to go that’d be a blast! Regs, if anything transpires loop me in.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah so I’m a no. Wife just literally teamed me out for the meet suggestion.

Isn't there supposed to be a second match on the Island? Maybe Vancouver?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New hope for 2022 qualifying!

That's about it, but the table has been re-set, and I think of all the squads right now, we are actually improving. Hopefulyl we can all gather in the new year to cheer on a match w/ you, @Ballbaby @Regs @LION @bulljive @utah @YoAdrian @knvb and oggle @Gurps ' missus. I will of course get too smashed to remember, but that's fine.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The kid has been lighting it up and I think he made the right choice to go to Lille. Good luck to him and hope he keeps firing on all cylinders. Looking good for our WC squad!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's Go!

Big match today vs Bermuda @ 5PM Pacific. Missing a few big names :(

GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / FK Crvena zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)
GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- Dayne St. Clair | USA / Minnesota United FC
CB- Ricardo Ferreira |
CB- Frank Sturing | NED / FC Den Bosch
CB- Steven Vitória | POR / Moreirense FC
CB- Joel Waterman | CAN / CF Montréal
FB- Samuel Adekugbe | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
FB- Cristián Gutierrez | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
FB- Alistair Johnston | USA / Nashville SC
FB- Richie Laryea | CAN / Toronto FC
FB- Kamal Miller | CAN / CF Montréal
M- Theo Corbeanu | ENG / Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
M- Stephen Eustáquio | POR / FC Paços de Ferreira
M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Los Angeles FC
M- Jayden Nelson | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / CF Montréal
M- David Wotherspoon | SCO / St. Johnstone FC
F- Lucas Cavallini | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Alphonso Davies | GER / FC Bayern München
F- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
F- Cyle Larin | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
F- Liam Millar | ENG / Charlton Athletic FC

Interesting to see local lad Joel Waterman called up. No offense but has the guy played any official pro games?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to hearing how Stephen Eustáquio does.

Missing one big name from what I see (Arfield), but I’d argue that David, Davies, Hutchinson, MAK, and Eustaquio are all bigger names and this is as stacked a Canadian squad as I’ve seen in a long time.

Who is this David Wotherspoon?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts