Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs a full season of CPL and then a handful with Montreal in that disaster of an MLS season they just had.

The standout match with MTL being a 2-1 win over Inter Miami and Gonzalo Higuain

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arfield chose not to come because he was bored of playing against weak CONCACAF opposition. Instead he rather play against weak Scottish league opposition, but I digress... I will just be pissed if I ever see him w/ the captain's arm band again.

@Dude as usual is reading impaired as Jonathan David is not with the team.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know you were such close pals with Arfield Dezza - Good to know. :rolleyes:

He just got back from a tough ankle injury, Gerrard desperately wanted him to be available against quality EUROPEAN opposition, and Herdman himself actually agreed to him only coming out for 'Big' games at the moment.
We just got knocked out by Slavia Prague last week FFS.
This decision was made a month ago.

That all said, Atiba Hutchinson is a stud and should be wearing the arm band anyway.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Appearing on the roster for the first time, son of Westside's Bill Johnston:

FB- Alistair Johnston | USA / Nashville SC
I would like to see Alistair play. Was lucky enough to play a few seasons with Billy before he moved back east in the mid 90s.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know you were such close pals with Arfield Dezza - Good to know. :rolleyes:

He just got back from a tough ankle injury, Gerrard desperately wanted him to be available against quality EUROPEAN opposition, and Herdman himself actually agreed to him only coming out for 'Big' games at the moment.
We just got knocked out by Slavia Prague last week FFS.
This decision was made a month ago.

That all said, Atiba Hutchinson is a stud and should be wearing the arm band anyway.

So Herdman threw him under the bus after making the supposed agreement with him? How about Arfield made the decision, and Herdman had no choice but to "agree" to it, because frankly he doesn't have anyone better to replace him with in the next round of qualifiers.

If Arfield wanted to represent Canada he would show up. It's not hard to book a flight with a week's notice with nothing left to play for in his club season. Even if Canada should win without him, it's not the point. The team hasn't played a match in over a year. How are they going to build any chemistry with players skipping matches?

Arfield captained the team at the 2019 Gold Cup when Atiba was injured. Next time, no thanks.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh I get its more Arfield, for sure, I just think you're being harsh about it is all.

We were challenging for a title, still in Europe, and he's coming off an injury where without a doubt pressure coming from the Gaffer as well.
Its fcuking Bermuda and Aruba and we're deep here.

I'm not endorsing it, I'm just saying it happens all the time and is reasonable.

I'm not sure with the football he's playing now, and next year, that at his age the bigger picture may be he might retire, which would be too bad.
Lots of players in their 30s start doing that though.

Except Atiba of course - Legend.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointed Germany GIF by MolaTV

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The starting line-up, with the exception of Sam Adekube, looks like a pretty good handful, TBH!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tuned in after 30 minutes and thought Larin was lazy and had poor touches..I didn't know he already scored a couple. Lol. Decent finishes too.

Looks a bit sloppy but we're in control against a poor side.

4 or 5 nil would be nice. :)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davies showed that he is on another level this match. Could have had 5-6 assists if Cava finished a couple of his chances.

we have some weapons for sure. If Atiba stays strong and anchors the midfield would give us some hope. I think it drops off quite a bit after what he brings.

Nice warm up match for the squad as well. But if Davies is in form he can create out of nothing for us and give us a chance in many matches.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. I thought the same thing watching the highlights. Davies was a stud out there. Made it look too easy.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game day again for those looking for something to watch today... 1PM KO I think.
Olympic mens team in action vs Mexico as well. If they win they make it through to the Olympics. First time in around 40 years if they do.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So apparently Cayman didn't submit covid testing on time so game pushed to tomorrow with 3PM Pacific KO :rolleyes:

ronald mcdonald win GIF

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0