Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game without too much of the "dark arts." Fcuk, "Wheels" makes Dunfield seem almost tolerable...

1-1 tie and a goal for Regs.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland 3 israel 2.
Var led to a goal for dykes. First call by the ref was no goal and a yellow card for dykes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Day!

3PM KO - I'm a bit nervous for this one... anything less than the full 3 points will be a letdown.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yellow cards and injuries are really gonna put us to the test today. If and a big if larin and atibia are ready for the panama game we may be able to push a few guys who played against mexico to play lots of minutes again today. Will be interesting for sure.....

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to see junior back. Really interested in seeing todays lineup. Will Liam Millar start? Davies and david to start or off the bench?

Adekube will be a lock to start with Laryea out and doneil will be our center back. Esquisto will prolly start in the middle but willl be interesting to see with who.

Guess we will find out in a few hours...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herdman certainly seemed to be hinting at his trademark wholesale changes. I can't see Davies starting, maybe he comes of the bench if necessary. If he plays this one I could see Bayern Munich deciding that he's "injured" again and making him come home early...

No Atiba, Larin, Cava really hurt here. Really going to test the depth. I think one of Laryea or Buchanan would have started this one, but obviously with them both suspended they won't be involved. I am sure Vitoria was always going to be rested for this one anyway.

Johnston came off a bit early against Mexico, so I would bet on him and Crepeau being the only holdovers. I would not be at all surprised to see Cornelius and Zachary Brault-Guillard both play in this one. If Liam Miller gets his chance to start then I hope he shows out a bit better than his cameo against Mexico, I didn't fancy his work rate at all.

My guess:

Crepeau

ZBG
Johnston
Henry
Cornelius
Adekube

Piette
Fraser
Wotherspoon

Miller
Hoillet

We'll see though. Maybe Herdman goes with a back four or tinkers in some other way. If there is a chance of reinforcements for Panama maybe a guy like Osorio or David or MAK play in this one. I am sure Eustaquio has the legs to go again, but being on a yellow, I don't know if you want to risk him given how crucial he will be against Panama.

I'll say it again though, I love that this all actually matters because we are genuinely in the hunt for a place at the WC!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davies and David both start. And MAK and Osorio.

Wonder how much the Hoillet injury played into David starting? Wonder if MAK playing bodes well for Atiba for Panama?

Cornelius at the back though....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davies and David both start. And MAK and Osorio.

Wonder how much the Hoillet injury played into David starting? Wonder if MAK playing bodes well for Atiba for Panama?

Cornelius at the back though....
Cornelius makes me nervous. I mean, Henry does too but he’s made for big moments and seems to rise up, DC seems to wilt. I hope he proves me wrong. Davies is the nuclear threat here, and with him on the pitch it forces special adjustments and attention.

Just me or is Andi Petrillo looking yummy? Om nom nom? Nom????

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody was impressive tonite. Maybe Piette but huge giveaway late and no legs to finish.

The pitch looked awful and I’m sure played a role. Take the point and run. Hopefully US draw or even come back to beat Panama. Need some help tonight.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Opportunity lost. Sure point is better than nothing but I really thought there were a few poor performances out there.

Davies needs to do better despite what KJ says.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am off my rocker? WTF were these guys watching to be praising Davies so much?

Ask Osorio what he thought of Phozie the last minute or so...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the depth fails the test.

Millar follows up a poor cameo against Mexico with an invisible performance and an absolutely criminal miss.

We run Davies 90mins and David 88mins cause we have nobody else. Who knows what, if anything they can give Wednesday against Panama.

Yes the pitch sucked, but this is CONCACAF. It will be the same in Honduras and Panama and El Salvador. David really looked to struggle with it and banging in goals on the pristine pitches in Ligue 1 is great but if he can't find a way to get something going offensively in less than perfect conditions then he is not going to be much good to Canada on the tough away outings.

Eustaquio looked like the only player who might unlock something when he came on. I get why we didn't risk him, he will be the key to getting something off of Panama who will come in ahead of us in the table and buoyed by their win over the US.

Schafflerberg should not see the field again. He looked way out of his depth and almost cost us the game. I don't care what he's done for TFC.

Momentum swings awfully quickly in the Oct, I'll give you that. Lose to Panama and all of a sudden were staring at an uphill climb with Costa Rica and Mexico on their way in for November.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also - obligatory post noting once again how atrocious Wheeler and Dunfield are as a commentary team.

I saw them taking some heat on Twitter this week for their lack of ability. Hopefully this wider reaching broadcast has the net effect of getting them replaced...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom line we need to win Wed. Really hope we can get atiba back and add in hoilett tajon laryea esquistio and a rested vitoria and Millar.

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also - obligatory post noting once again how atrocious Wheeler and Dunfield are as a commentary team.

I saw them taking some heat on Twitter this week for their lack of ability. Hopefully this wider reaching broadcast has the net effect of getting them replaced...
Had to turn it down a notch at the 43rd use of the word 'mate' by Dunfield.

I am actually vested in something this side of LFC, and you get this level of broadcast. Shouldn't bother me, but it does.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0