Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round of play was this past weekend. I saw some Guildford vs Langley Dynamo highlights on AFTN Youtube and Guildford ran riot 4-0. Possibly could have been more if they were sharper. Good start for them tho.

Schedule here: https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/7417/schedules?group=54368

I don't know many of the teams anymore since I'm playing with the old fcuks now but some of the names ring familiar. lol

Richmond All Blacks went undefeated this year and will look to get back to their winnings ways in this competition. Unlike in their championship years, they don't have a whole bunch of premier players sandbagging it in RASA. hahaha

Apparently Romania has a good team from what I'm told. I watched a game earlier this year as they were playing before us geriatrics and I thought to myself, hmm...I wonder if these guys are in our division. lol. Good luck.

Snipers beat WE R United but they were probably too preoccupied about taking over the Ukraine than playing football. Alright then.
Snipers get to play Harps next round. They finished 1 and 2 in the league and Harps won the Div2 cup. Not sure how that works. lol

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me in this competition can be more helpful.

Cheers.

Go Mundi!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 5.37.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 5.37.16 PM.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 5.37.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 5.37.51 PM.png
    119 KB · Views: 28

Soccer 98

Sep 22, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford are a bunch of sissies imagine folding a prem team and taking 7-8 of those players making a team in div 3 because u wanted to sell ur prem spot make some money and scared to play at ur own level. small club mentality.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round of play was this past weekend. I saw some Guildford vs Langley Dynamo highlights on AFTN Youtube and Guildford ran riot 4-0. Possibly could have been more if they were sharper. Good start for them tho.

Schedule here: https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/7417/schedules?group=54368

I don't know many of the teams anymore since I'm playing with the old fcuks now but some of the names ring familiar. lol

Richmond All Blacks went undefeated this year and will look to get back to their winnings ways in this competition. Unlike in their championship years, they don't have a whole bunch of premier players sandbagging it in RASA. hahaha

Apparently Romania has a good team from what I'm told. I watched a game earlier this year as they were playing before us geriatrics and I thought to myself, hmm...I wonder if these guys are in our division. lol. Good luck.

Snipers beat WE R United but they were probably too preoccupied about taking over the Ukraine than playing football. Alright then.
Snipers get to play Harps next round. They finished 1 and 2 in the league and Harps won the Div2 cup. Not sure how that works. lol

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me in this competition can be more helpful.

Cheers.

Go Mundi!

It feels like forever since the last provincial cup its hard to judge who's who. The only teams I know are the remaining FVSL teams, and I've played with/against a bunch of the guys on Romania in the past. I would expect them to make a solid run.

Looking at the all blacks record too, they should provide good competition.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers.

Go Mundi!

Rarely do I offer an opinion, but here it is:

Regarding this sentiment:

"Richmond All Blacks went undefeated this year and will look to get back to their winnings ways in this competition. Unlike in their championship years, they don't have a whole bunch of premier players sandbagging it in RASA. hahaha"

and this:

"There are 7-8 Prem players in that video?"
Years ago, a bunch of us from Langley Premier dropped down to Langley's Div. 2 team specifically to win them promotion back to 1st div. Basically, to set the club right in divisional alignments. This was back in the olden days, when the FVSL actually had promotion / relegation. Our Premier squad was strong at the time, but the writing was on the wall, too, where a bunch of guys would be aging out into Masters in the coming 3 years.

We drop down, and did as was expected. Top 2 I think went into a 4 team round robin w/ the bottom 2 Div. 1, and we took one of the promotional spots. We actually declined to enter the Provincial Bs that year because to us, it meant nothing.

That year we were accused of sandbagging, of having "all these Premier players". Here's the truth: we weren't any longer "Premier" players. It was obvious our roles would have been reduced, and we were being encouraged by Wagner to move along. By encouraged, at least in my case said I'd be for sure on the bench, and likely not 1st option, possibly left off the squad on match days. Others, similar scenarios of reduced roles. So 4 or 5 of us we dropped down to make an impact for our club, but also, simply to enjoy playing every match. We were NOT any longer Premier players. Most of the squad was made of perennial Div. 2 players.

Point being, if said players were premier players, they'd be playing in the Premier division. There is a reason they are not.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember giving that same logic a very long time ago on this site but for some reason it wasn't Ok for us to abide by that mentality? ;)

Good old Peg Leg still givin 'er out there in competitive open post season matches.
Fcuking amazing Bro - Good for you.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember giving that same logic a very long time ago on this site but for some reason it wasn't Ok for us to abide by that mentality? ;)

Good old Peg Leg still givin 'er out there in competitive open post season matches.
Fcuking amazing Bro - Good for you.
Cause you guys refused promotion every year, setting in motion a series of catastrophic events in the unravelling of the FVSL. All your fault.

;)

To the Ranger's credit, you still competed for a spot in the A Cup, won that spot playing against premier teams, and IIRC, went a couple of rounds in the A Cup.

But you weren't sandbaggers. You were a bunch of old fcuks that could dial it up when the time came to compete. I remember when you won the Pak, thinking, "Do these guys even have 5 hairs between them?"

And, @peg leg ...thought I heard a "Johnny!" in that clip! Jesus, are you actually 55 now?

Last edited:

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cause you guys refused promotion every year, setting in motion a series of catastrophic events in the unravelling of the FVSL. All your fault.

;)

To the Ranger's credit, you still competed for a spot in the A Cup, won that spot playing against premier teams, and IIRC, went a couple of rounds in the A Cup.

But you weren't sandbaggers. You were a bunch of old fcuks that could dial it up when the time came to compete.

And, @peg leg ...thought I heard a "Johnny!" in that clip! Jesus, are you actually 55 now?
Lol..close!! Still kicking, every year I say I'm going to Masters but this is such an awesome team to be a part of. Dynamo should be Masters, I think we have 15 or so who are eligible, but we love the competition. So maybe next year...

Dude, you are right, this Guildford team might have had ex prem players but are a real good Div.2 team and thats it.

Good luck to @4thplacetrophy.

Good luck to @4thplacetrophy

DhesiCN

Apr 13, 2022
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford are a bunch of sissies imagine folding a prem team and taking 7-8 of those players making a team in div 3 because u wanted to sell ur prem spot make some money and scared to play at ur own level. small club mentality.
Those sissies gonna bend your dad over and f him in the arse

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg leg is a goat we need more people like him and not snowflakes who enter prem teams in div 3
Um, by that logic, Johnny @peg leg is a ringer. You know at one time he was a Premier player, right? Just another sandbagger. :D

Honestly, get the fcuk over it. That's the beauty of Open divisions, and I'll be honest, the only thing I miss about playing are Cup Matches and Provincials. It's the best. Enjoy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, that year we won promotion, semis in the Presidents Cup, and had won the Premier division the year before. Back then, "B" was a long weekend tournament in Prince George, in the summer. Our team was a bunch of family guys, and the "B" Cup had little value. We just saw it as another summer tourney....so we declined to enter. I bet it if were the current format, we'd have definitely accepted. It's more like a proper Cup run now.

Soccer 98

Sep 22, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, that year we won promotion, semis in the Presidents Cup, and had won the Premier division the year before. Back then, "B" was a long weekend tournament in Prince George, in the summer. Our team was a bunch of family guys, and the "B" Cup had little value. We just saw it as another summer tourney....so we declined to enter. I bet it if were the current format, we'd have definitely accepted. It's more like a proper Cup run now.
Ask me I give a shite. Just ask me please.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting jumped outside of the Generator in PG is B cup tradition, come on man. hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0