Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Olympics Beijing

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the Olympics. Even this super weird one, I love having it on all the time in the background.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I don't feel safe in my environment"- Kaillie Humphries

If you take the time, two very, very different articles here:

ESPN: https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...der-kaillie-humphries-new-country-new-mission

NP: https://nationalpost.com/sports/olympics/kaillie-humphries-clash-canada-2022-winter-olympics-monobob

So, what is "Safe?" to her? Her disputes seemed to be all about financial, and having her choice of coach. What am I missing? Locking her out of the building? Well, guess what I do when an employee is either fired or leaves in a dispute on their own volition? I lock them out. They are no longer part of the team, no longer welcome in my building. I'm not feeling how she was wronged here, or more importantly, how she was either harassed, or felt to be in an unsafe environment. What she's calling "Unsafe" appears to be simply, "Uncomfortable". She didn't get what she wanted, so she took her toys and ran to the US, because she could.

This appears to be VERY different than the CNWT story w/ BB that Ciara McCormick blew the top off.

If you are going to use terms like "harassment" and "Unsafe", you'd better be ready to back it up with some meat on the bone. Blowing the top off the CNWT story and how complicit the Caps and CSA were is covering up actual sexual harassment is definitely progress, but we can't all of a sudden have athletes going to the extreme of painting a athlete / coach / Federation dispute as Harassment in an unsafe environment. So far, all I've seen is what appears publicly to be an asshole of an athlete demanding more for herself than has been allocated for the whole team....and may I add, a very successful team, too. Bobsleigh Canada is an overachievement in a sport dominated by Germans, Americans, and wealthy nations, due to the costs. We're fortunate to have training facilities here, and an budget for these sleds that cost a ton of dough.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always thought she sounded like an entitled narcissist. Imagine bending over backwards to accommodate her, having it never be enough, and then her having the audacity to allege an "unsafe" environment in today's day and age. Team player she ain't.

I have no idea if that's the accurate version or not - but if it is, you can certainly see them saying "pack your shite"...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So....I asked Twatter. :D

In response to the support one, let's say, influential person locally has given Humphries, I pointed out the same questions as above...is this really harassments? Unsafe environment? Or, was it just an asshole being told she's no longer welcome in the program.

This was the response:

"...a couple of thoughts 1) the suits of sports get 6 figure salaries, stay in 5 star hotels + get the best of everything- athletes should be able to demand resources. 2) athletes don't put themselves thru what KH did w/out a huge reason. That article reads to me as sour grapes."

1. Hate to say it, but the suits of the sport are worth every penny if they are able to plan and implement a successful program. You get what you pay for, and these suits would be highly paid suits in the public realm. You can't have an amateur running the show.
  2. Hotels: well, I'd have to say, getting great, comfortable environment is key to performance. Also hate to say, that does not need to be 5 star. They train a good portion of the year in Whistler. Has anyone here seen the athletes accommodations in Chekamus? It's damn nice, a great dormitory environment that enhances the team dynamic. All the facilities an athlete needs. I agree that a "suit" will need to ensure there is a great environment, but what is a great environment for an athlete is not the same as appropriate for an executive. Totally different needs.
  3. You are in Bobsleigh, not hockey. You wanted 5 star? Maybe you should have played hockey or soccer, those women are getting 5 star, but they also bring in massive sponsorship dollars, federation membership dollars (hockey especially), commercial dollars, and now in footy making really great wages overseas.
  4. The NP article reads nothing like sour grapes, reads like someone sick of a media spin and deciding to reveal the truth. The ESPN article is the one sounding like sour grapes, and a smear campaign.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had no idea wh
"I don't feel safe in my environment"- Kaillie Humphries

If you take the time, two very, very different articles here:

ESPN: https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...der-kaillie-humphries-new-country-new-mission

NP: https://nationalpost.com/sports/olympics/kaillie-humphries-clash-canada-2022-winter-olympics-monobob

So, what is "Safe?" to her? Her disputes seemed to be all about financial, and having her choice of coach. What am I missing? Locking her out of the building? Well, guess what I do when an employee is either fired or leaves in a dispute on their own volition? I lock them out. They are no longer part of the team, no longer welcome in my building. I'm not feeling how she was wronged here, or more importantly, how she was either harassed, or felt to be in an unsafe environment. What she's calling "Unsafe" appears to be simply, "Uncomfortable". She didn't get what she wanted, so she took her toys and ran to the US, because she could.

This appears to be VERY different than the CNWT story w/ BB that Ciara McCormick blew the top off.

If you are going to use terms like "harassment" and "Unsafe", you'd better be ready to back it up with some meat on the bone. Blowing the top off the CNWT story and how complicit the Caps and CSA were is covering up actual sexual harassment is definitely progress, but we can't all of a sudden have athletes going to the extreme of painting a athlete / coach / Federation dispute as Harassment in an unsafe environment. So far, all I've seen is what appears publicly to be an asshole of an athlete demanding more for herself than has been allocated for the whole team....and may I add, a very successful team, too. Bobsleigh Canada is an overachievement in a sport dominated by Germans, Americans, and wealthy nations, due to the costs. We're fortunate to have training facilities here, and an budget for these sleds that cost a ton of dough.

Thoughts?
I had no idea who this was.
Upon further review I'm convinced this is all for show and that's one of the Wayans Brothers promoting White Chick's 2.

way downtown GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

So, by total medal count, 3rd. By value of medal, 11th.

What do we prefer?

Me, I like hearing our anthem. China sitting 4th, but 11th by medal count. I loved in 2010, what'd we hit? 18? We were hearing our anthem all the time! I sure hope the funding gets back to a level where these silvers and bronze medals can be turned into Golds.

We need to spend millions on a national inquiry and find out what is going on with our curling programs.

episode 11 canada GIF

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The US can have her - her unbrindled selfishness and individualism fits better under their flag than ours anyway...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0