Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Group Stage

Will Canada Get out of their group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if they didn't have the gas they had vs Belgium (which may be understandable but...

The moment they stopped taking the game forward doomed them. They're not good enough to play that way against a team like Croatia.

That and losing shape at the back as the game progressed.

Any time you stand there too long on the ball at the back unless you're the top teams/players in the world it never ends well for a team that's not level in ability. You got to play with pace and keep the ball moving.

Even the GK's distribution was questionable.

After that first cross for the goal most of the rest were consistently under-hit or off target.

IF one of those shots Canada had hit the back of the net it might have been a better result.

It'll be tough but ideally they play to win versus Morrocco.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juvenile tactics or execution of whatever his intended tactics were after 20min. They couldn’t press high up as they were losing the ball carelessly and getting dismantled in transition. At some point you need to realize this team has more technical ability then us. Piette should of been on in an actual defensive break up roll. Get into a good shape. At moments press for 10-15 min unsettle them. We just played completely disjointed and Atiba was moving like he was 55, playing in a quick twitch position. Constantly trying to recover and changing directions like the titanic. More goals were always coming. Can’t be too disappointed. It was the Belgium game we needed to win.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets go for it against Morocco with a eye on the 2026 players who will be playing.
If Max Creapue (sp) hadnt been hurt this next match would have been a good game to pass the torch to him and get him some experience.

Lets see some more minutes for Adeukbe, Kone and possibly Ugbo as well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going through today:

Dutch
Senegal
England
USA

Dutch vs the Yanks on Saturday is intriguing. Senegal is gonna knock out the Brits.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, this has all the feels of Canada before Herdman came into the fold :(

Canada is not at the level yet where they can recover from sub-par goalkeeping.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing more painful than losing today was having to watch it listening to those fcuking Americans on FSW call the match and goofs like Alexi Lalas and Clint Dempsey trash 'Our friends in the Great White North'.

Smarky smug clowns

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atiba looked good in that role. Come on for 30min with the team in possession. Big improvements going forward obviously need to be on tactics. 4 years of player development, maturity, tactics. There are a lot of positives to take away.

I couldn’t believe the amount of people that thought this was a good group/good draw. We are still missing a level of quality at the top of the pitch. The intricate play. Top teams are able to maintain some possession up the park. It can’t be all explosive speed. However lots of positives too and lots to build on.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Attiba. Nowhere near a 90-minute man anymore and we shouldn't expect him to be at this level. Looked solid when the other team was a bit tired already.
Interesting to see the squad unfold over the next few years.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MAK too me had a horrible game. Hindsight 20 20 but Kone needs to start Mak too many passes back.

Tajon taking some dumb fouls at the wrong time.

Hoilett was our best player.

Kone looked good when he came on as well.

Great second half and if that header is a inch over I feel we would get a third goal.

I also didnt realize the amount of talent Morroco had. 15 guys playing tier 1 and we had two with one starting on the bench.

Atiba a great perfomance off the bench.

Our backline too slow annd we really couldnt use our speed on the sides vs a team that was just as quick.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atiba looked good in that role. Come on for 30min with the team in possession. Big improvements going forward obviously need to be on tactics. 4 years of player development, maturity, tactics. There are a lot of positives to take away.

I couldn’t believe the amount of people that thought this was a good group/good draw. We are still missing a level of quality at the top of the pitch. The intricate play. Top teams are able to maintain some possession up the park. It can’t be all explosive speed. However lots of positives too and lots to build on.
It was a good group/draw for canada, cause all of the teams in the group are shite. There wasn't an easier draw for them besides possibly being in group A over Ecuador.

Croatia and Morroco are likely out at the next hurdle. Unless possibly Costa Rica snag that 2nd place, then Morroco has a chance.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’d take USAs group all day over ours. Iran and Wales are match up wise teams I think we match up better against. England Probably a loss but a better chance at qualifying I think. We should of gotten the win over Belgium, agreed. Then that last game maybe plays out with different emotion wise. Morocco was a rock defensively, Croatia is still a good team but finishing second will hurt them.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’d take USAs group all day over ours. Iran and Wales are match up wise teams I think we match up better against. England Probably a loss but a better chance at qualifying I think. We should of gotten the win over Belgium, agreed. Then that last game maybe plays out with different emotion wise. Morocco was a rock defensively, Croatia is still a good team but finishing second will hurt them.

But the US was in pot 2, Canada Pot 4. As for pot 4 teams, Canada probably got the most favorable draw.

That being said there's no easy groups in the world cup. I just don't understand the unrealistic expectations, and judgements of a coach thats done what so many failed to do. The fact they reached the world cup should be enough. The future is bright for Canadian soccer, and there's plenty to build on for 2026.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts