Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Group Stage

Will Canada Get out of their group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I was more just looking at teams around us that qualified. Like the USA. It felt like Leafs fans after a 3 game winning streak, the way we were talking about Canadas chances. Then everyone is shocked when the leafs can’t get out of the first round, I mean Canada. What I’m saying is the leafs are shite.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I was more just looking at teams around us that qualified. Like the USA. It felt like Leafs fans after a 3 game winning streak, the way we were talking about Canadas chances. Then everyone is shocked when the leafs can’t get out of the first round, I mean Canada. What I’m saying is the leafs are shite.

Bob Cole commentating on Canada games at the Winter Olympics moment right there

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OMFG.

Now its listening to Chad OchoCinco/Johnson on this network.
Seriously?

Loving being stateside but not so fcuking much when the whole idea was to kick back and watch the fitba.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That last 15 minutes was awesome.

I know there are apparently "discussions" on changing up 2026 setup... they need to make this happen, these last day group matches are fantastic (currently supposed to be 16 groups of 3 with winners going through... talk of maybe changing to 12 groups of 4 with top 2 each group going through plus next best 8)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was top 2 from the groups of 3 going through? Bracket starting with Round of 32...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was top 2 from the groups of 3 going through? Bracket starting with Round of 32...
Yes, my bad

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know wtf the korean player was wearing after he scored in extra time?

#thebro #seinfeld
According to this, it's a tracker.

"These harnesses—officially, they’re called “GPS tracker vests,” though there is nothing vest-like about them—contain, in a small pouch on the back, a small GPS tracking device. Team managers and trainers collect that data to learn precisely how far and how fast players have run in practice and during matches. This information can help managers make decisions about how hard to push a player, whether to let someone take a day off, and the like. Presumably, teams can also use the data to see who’s actually running a lot on the pitch and who only runs when the manager’s looking at them."

Apparently FIFA approved these trackers and this article is from 2019 so it's been around a while even at amateur levels.

"Australian wearable device manufacturer Sports Performance Tracking has received approval from FIFA that allows players to wear its SPT2 GPS tracking system during games. The company’s technology aims to help coaches track player performance and monitor load management. "

Last edited:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if Canada uses these as at times in this World Cup there were people on the Canadian bench looking at pads of some sort.
Any one know if they do?

According to The Economist Brazil used trackers in 2018"

"On June 17th Neymar, one of the world’s greatest footballers, will step out with his Brazilian teammates onto the turf at the Rostov Arena in Russia to face Switzerland in their first game of the 2018 fifa World Cup. The team will be dressed in its distinctive canary-yellow strip. Underneath, each player will also wear a black compression vest with a tracking device slotted into a pouch between the shoulder blades. Called Apex, this tiny black computer, made by statSports, contains an array of sensors. These include gps to track position, accelerometers to gauge pace, gyroscopes to measure orientation in three dimensions and magnetometers to record the direction of travel. The device also contains an embedded processor that synthesises the raw data and computes, in real time, performance metrics such as distance covered and number of sprints completed."

Can't see pricing but here's Catapult Sports who sells these trackers for a lot of sports. They don't list prices though.

Amazon has these priced and they're not cheap at $275 but I suspect teams get them cheaper..

Last edited:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That last 15 minutes was awesome.

I know there are apparently "discussions" on changing up 2026 setup... they need to make this happen, these last day group matches are fantastic (currently supposed to be 16 groups of 3 with winners going through... talk of maybe changing to 12 groups of 4 with top 2 each group going through plus next best 8)
Regs, what do you want to see happen on these last-day matches?

Are you suggesting a change to avoid games played at the same time where another team could impact someone in or out?

That was crazy those last 15 minutes but I turned the channel only to miss the Korean goal live.

My former Uruguay player Andres Enrich won't be happy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, what do you want to see happen on these last-day matches?

Are you suggesting a change to avoid games played at the same time where another team could impact someone in or out?

That was crazy those last 15 minutes but I turned the channel only to miss the Korean goal live.

My former Uruguay player Andres Enrich won't be happy.
What I want to see happen is what we are getting now - drama and crazy results. My understanding was/is that we wouldn't get this moving forward once the tourney goes to 48 teams. I think.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I want to see happen is what we are getting now - drama and crazy results. My understanding was/is that we wouldn't get this moving forward once the tourney goes to 48 teams. I think.
Yah that's what looks like would be missed if they had groups of 3 I suspect.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
France to beat Brazil in Final

Portugal to beat USA in third place game.

I had to make some drastic choices to get back to the top in my pool lol

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to this, it's a tracker.

"These harnesses—officially, they’re called “GPS tracker vests,” though there is nothing vest-like about them—contain, in a small pouch on the back, a small GPS tracking device. Team managers and trainers collect that data to learn precisely how far and how fast players have run in practice and during matches. This information can help managers make decisions about how hard to push a player, whether to let someone take a day off, and the like. Presumably, teams can also use the data to see who’s actually running a lot on the pitch and who only runs when the manager’s looking at them."

Apparently FIFA approved these trackers and this article is from 2019 so it's been around a while even at amateur levels.

"Australian wearable device manufacturer Sports Performance Tracking has received approval from FIFA that allows players to wear its SPT2 GPS tracking system during games. The company’s technology aims to help coaches track player performance and monitor load management. "

That's a lot better then what I thought it was. 1670022597187.png

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts