Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

This is also a coach of a team named Tigers!!

SoccerDaD14

Jan 22, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Crap! he did trip him! That should be a large suspension.........This from the most well oiled machine in the province who could only lose if the other team played out of their mind while they had a bad game. Tsk tsk tsk.......

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Crap! he did trip him! That should be a large suspension.........This from the most well oiled machine in the province who could only lose if the other team played out of their mind while they had a bad game. Tsk tsk tsk.......
Is “well oiled machine” a reference to the saudi oil money being pipelined into the provinces only professional amateur team?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s hard to take much from that final. Such a stupid red card. Full credit to BB5 but that sequence of fouls is baffling to me. All in non threatening positions.

My take away is that a team that claimed to already be "professional" in their coaching, training, management, and level of play, spent the whole year beating up on inferior teams. Then they got a gift of a Provincial draw to walk to the final where they finally had to play a truly competitive match, got frustrated and showed just how unprofessional they are.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s hard to take much from that final. Such a stupid red card. Full credit to BB5 but that sequence of fouls is baffling to me. All in non threatening positions.
Ya this was moronic. Like you were just warned and it's some meaningless challenge at midfield. Just don't make the challenge...

I thought the first 30 minutes were fairly even with the teams trading chances. Both have unreal attacking weapons. Would have been interesting to see if things were maybe different in this one if Tigers scored first. Also, a healthy Farivar Torabi could have had an impact as not only does he clatter in the goals he is also rather passionate and can really drag his team along with him. I know De Jong was missing for BB5 as well though, but, still, I tend to think a top attacker hurts to miss more than a top defender.

You can only play the game you are in, though, and no question that BB5 were full value for their win on the day.

Re the Adam Day trip - it is totally bizarre in my opinion. Presumably it was accidental? The angle that shows the contact that is making the rounds on Twitter is inconclusive IMO. Not sure what he would be trying to accomplish by tripping the AR? It's not like there were a number of contested offside or any major decisions by the assistant that had gone against the Tigers. He was engaged in a conversation with the 4th official, so perhaps there was some frustration and he had a rush of blood to the head? I still struggle to see what tripping the AR accomplishes, though, and its not like it is not going to be noticed, especially with the 4th official right there...

If it was intentional, or if BC Soccer deems it was, surely the consequences will be severe. Intentional unethical physical contact with a Match Official carries a minimum 6 month suspension.

As for the point @dezza was making, where do Tigers go from here? They walked the Valley and won everything under the sun. It is a long way back to the Provincial Cup Final. It is easy enough to stay focused and dialed in for one season with the clear goal of with BCs, but to start from scratch all over again? Can they run it back? Will the players buy in?

I think I saw several of them announced on League 1 squads (TSS and UBC mostly maybe?), so that may answer that question in the short term. Come September though, are they going to be keen to spend their weekend smashing Micro Footie and Surrey United? Unfortunately this has historically been the issue for the FVSL. The level of competition week in week out just does not match what the teams in the VMSL are getting. Maybe that can start to change, the FVSL does seem to be ever evolving. For now, though, the options for Tigers seem to be to try and stay engaged while they walk the league again, or sleepwalk through it and then try to flip a switch come Provincial Cup season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts