Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another thing, Gutierez....excellent match from him. Apparently he was the best player in training all week, so seems like he shook the rust off his boots last week. Just in time, the guy is a real addition down the flank as a WB. I liked the idea in the beginning of starting him and Brown as inverted wingbacks, Guti had that one blistering shot he'd normally back off on if he were on the other side and it landed to his right. Talking about DPs, now seems almost inconceivable Ali Adnan was the DP in that same position, a left FB that didn't like defending, WTF. Very skilled, a bull of a player on attack, but what a goddamn princess he was!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jake needs to decide if he wants to be a wannabe soccer player or a wannebe gansta. White needs to be careful with the booze or say goodbye to that solid 6 pack.

FDss7_BVIAEwDFC

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the thing....I could of been bamboozled, too, on Cava. I think we were all a bit high on him. Canadian, success at International level, success in Liga MX, not a terribly high pay level for a DP. Good reputation and his development as a pro was not an easy path, so that's good. Checks a lot of boxes.

Who knew he'd be such a bust. He'll move on next year, and they'll go on the hunt for another DP in that impossible price range for a real game breaker. IN that context, amazed they got Gould. Anyways.....

RT....fcuking hell, we knew what we had there, so WTF?

He became available because his team in Mexico had to shed an international player or something like that. That was a red flag to me from the get go - not saying I saw such a precipitous nosedive coming, but I never did get the pom poms out...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He became available because his team in Mexico had to shed an international player or something like that. That was a red flag to me from the get go - not saying I saw such a precipitous nosedive coming, but I never did get the pom poms out...
I had pom poms, knee pads, and lip gloss at the ready. Was so desperate for a real DP who can crack open a match. Gauld shows up, and I hardly paid notice....fool me 10 times, shame on you, I say. Turns out he's a bit of a stud.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had pom poms, knee pads, and lip gloss at the ready. Was so desperate for a real DP who can crack open a match. Gauld shows up, and I hardly paid notice....fool me 10 times, shame on you, I say. Turns out he's a bit of a stud.
You just don't like the Scots. I'm half Irish; can't say I blame you...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob Bradley shitcanned... also:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strange lineup choices for me. Like really strange.

What a rocket by the US International (Caldwell, you're an idiot) :rolleyes:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strange lineup choices for me. Like really strange.

What a rocket by the US International (Caldwell, you're an idiot) :rolleyes:
I agree. What a weird line up! Godinho? Rose? Owusu? Although they played decently enough I suppose.

I think I'm over Cavalini. He can move on if he wishes. Body language and attitude are garbage. I hoped a Canadian international could make it here but it hasn't worked.

Almost criminal for Gaspar to be caught offside on the goal that was called back. ugh.

Kansas is just a way better team than us.

I'm still amazed the Caps scraped their way in to the playoffs. The team was the absolute shits under MDS! lol

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope how badly our “captain” played wakes the people up in this club that keep force feeding him into line-ups. He was terrible. Baffling choices otherwise. Ah well, magic beans had to lose their power at some point.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It also didn't help that Sartini basically guaranteed a win... Khiry Shelton sounded ready to punch him out...

The commentators must be paid to say good things about the Caps - it's the only way to explain Caldwell's musings. And the other guy in the studio pre-game.. ripping on Melia for being overrated because he "stays too deep on his line for me"... hey moron - only hope he has of making the huge stop he made was being back on his line...

Godinho with just a shocking cross attempt leading directly to the first goal... Teibert with as effective a screen as you'll ever see on his own goalie on the second... Gaspar lazy and unmotivated, GFTO, Cavallini with the heavy touch and then bundling foul is really a perfect microcosm of what he is - a typical complete DP whiff by the Caps... and Nerwinski I love as a bench fullback who works hard, but he can't be starting.

I'm not going to harp on Teibert because it's been clear for years to anyone with a functioning soccer brain. I'd like to think that they made progress this year but really, who do you WANT back?

For me it's a short list:

White
Dajome
Caicedo
Godoy
Ranko
Gutierrez
Gaud
Crepeau
Brown
Nerwinski (as a cheap bench option only)
Vite (signed him, might as well see what they have)

I can't think of anyone else that I'd cry over moving on from. Jungwirth and Rose were good defenders, but they're past it by next year, I think...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Need to focus and build a team around Dajome, Gauld, White, and even Crepeau.
Need to add players that are solid in their positions and stop trying to make players play out of their positions. Manchester United had 1 John O'Shea. I always feel like the Whitecaps have 10 John O'Shea's.

Could you imagine a quality midfielder playing instead of Teibert? How good would Gauld shine then?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It also didn't help that Sartini basically guaranteed a win... Khiry Shelton sounded ready to punch him out...

The commentators must be paid to say good things about the Caps - it's the only way to explain Caldwell's musings. And the other guy in the studio pre-game.. ripping on Melia for being overrated because he "stays too deep on his line for me"... hey moron - only hope he has of making the huge stop he made was being back on his line...

Godinho with just a shocking cross attempt leading directly to the first goal... Teibert with as effective a screen as you'll ever see on his own goalie on the second... Gaspar lazy and unmotivated, GFTO, Cavallini with the heavy touch and then bundling foul is really a perfect microcosm of what he is - a typical complete DP whiff by the Caps... and Nerwinski I love as a bench fullback who works hard, but he can't be starting.

I'm not going to harp on Teibert because it's been clear for years to anyone with a functioning soccer brain. I'd like to think that they made progress this year but really, who do you WANT back?

For me it's a short list:

White
Dajome
Caicedo
Godoy
Ranko
Gutierrez
Gaud
Crepeau
Brown
Nerwinski (as a cheap bench option only)
Vite (signed him, might as well see what they have)

I can't think of anyone else that I'd cry over moving on from. Jungwirth and Rose were good defenders, but they're past it by next year, I think...
Had I cared to writer up a report, this would have been it.

To your list, I'd add Jungwirth and put Gaspar back in, only because I think you are stuck w/ both. Gaspar's baffling, when he plays well, he's a very good RB or even LB option, especially as a wingback. But fcuk me man, he sure does look like he doesn't give a shite the other 1/2 the time. When he's good, he's very good and you can see the pedigree. LIGHTYEARS better than Jake. When bad, you want to throw a shoe at the TV.

Having Jungwirth back is good but only when in the middle. He gets exposed when dragged out to defend. Too slow.

Jake has only been 1/2 decent in the 3 back formation, and even then only as a sub, but at this point I'd prefer to move him along and develop a younger player. Can we send Godihno off in the same box, separate toe tag? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0